Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Pharmacy And Pharmacology - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pharmacy And Pharmacology (12387 Views)

Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get / Oau 2017 Cutoff Mark For Faculty Of Law, Pharmacy And Science / Kauna Usman Is Best Graduating Student In Pharmacology & Biotechnology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by croSStodds(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2016
charliejose:
so for your mind now,with all the trash u've typed now,you think u've made sense.....i will just stop typing so that i don't loose a bit of my IQ replying you fully
E pain am. grin grin
on a candid note,you're fvcking ignorant. Gosh!!
which IQ u get wey u wan lose.
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by charliejose: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
croSStodds:
E pain am. grin grin
on a candid note,you're fvcking ignorant. Gosh!!
which IQ u get wey u wan lose.
i've gone through your profile..nd i was not surprised with what i saw...a confused fellow like you that's choosing a career solely on how much money u can earn per month..asking which brings money in pharmacy and medicine...even the real pharmacists are not even arguing..i should ve guessed earlier you're a "wanna be" .even the pharmacist i was arguing earlier with didn't throw insults..go finish ur biochem or better still drop out and start a fishing business ..trust me its lucrative..medical courses are for people that are passionate about it Nd not money orientated person...

and don't bother quoting me again..my 5mins is very precious
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by croSStodds(m): 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
charliejose:
i've gone through your profile..nd i was not surprised with what i saw...a confused fellow like you that's choosing a career solely on how much money u can earn per month..asking which brings money in pharmacy and medicine...even the real pharmacists are not even arguing..i should ve guessed earlier you're a "wanna be" .even the pharmacist i was arguing earlier with didn't throw insults..go finish ur biochem or better still drop out and start a fishing business ..trust me its lucrative..medical courses are for people that are passionate about it Nd not money orientated person...

and don't bother quoting me again..my 5mins is very precious
You didn't make any sense bro.Stalker oshi.
grin grin Biochem is still way better than that useless course with no association.
Hopeless slowpoke feeling funky.
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by Walejabaru: 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
Pls what area of specializing can I go with Pharmacology degree
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
samwise99:
Pharmacy is preparation and dispensing of drugs

Pharmacology is the science or study of drugs
This has answered your question op
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by nurain150(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
tizblink:
A pharmacologist is a pharmacist.

Pharmacology is a discipline or lemme say specialization in pharmacy
I get your point, but no especially since they give B. In Pharnac
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by nurain150(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
charliejose:
sometimes,it's idea you keep silent rather than give answers to what you're not sure about..pharmacology is of course the study of drug actions in the biological system..but it's way more than that..pharmacology is among the leading departments in drug discovery. pharmacists basically deal with dispensation,regulation and preparation of drugs..they prepared drugs that are already discovered..the pharmacologist discovers the main components of the drug...and u mentioned OOU,UNILAG AND DELSU as the only schools having pharmacology under the college of medicine..i would like you to name how many schools in Nigeria that offer pharmacology as an undergraduate course apart from the ones you mentioned?..oh of course AFE BABALOLA university just got added to the list and will be starting pharmacology as an undergrad course this session. pharmacology is virtually the only course that connects the college of medicine and the faculty of pharmacy together..that's why students in the dept of pharmacology do virtually a lot in both fields..and yea in most schools,pharmacology students offer almost every course in the faculty of pharmacy..including pharmacognosy,pharmaceutical chemistry etc..so please try getting your facts right before derailing someone yearning for information
Yes you are right, but you said almost not all.

Therefore they are department more than Cognosy and Pharm chem.

We have Clinical Pharmacy and Pharm tech, Pharm microbiology, these are not offered to anybody except Pharmacist alone.
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by nurain150(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
charliejose:
yes! students at the department of pharmacology,unilag offer pharmaceutical chemistry,pharmacognosy..except pharmaceutics..you can confirm that..and i think you're the person in need of Google cool
Lol, they hardly do it again since it's elective.

You can't do Clinical Pharmacy too apart Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical biotech they are three different department you don't do.
Re: Pharmacy And Pharmacology by HammedOlanaija(m): 1:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Good morning everybody. First of all, let me introduce myself pls
I'm a graduate with bachelor of science degree in pharmacology. You see, there are lot of things that people don't know about these courses.
So, i will like to make some clear informations.
Pharmacology is a branch of science that deals with how drugs react to the body and how the body react to the drugs.
Pharmacology is a branch under pharmacy.
Let me explain better as if i am explaining to a 2yrs old(i'm sorry), pharmacy is like biology and pharmacology is like botany.
A botanist will have some knowledge of biology because he/she is specialized in a field under it, but he/she will not have enough knowledge like the person that study biology.
Now, the person that study biology will know it all(mr know it all) but there are some areas that needs to be touched deeply but because it is a vast field; he/she will not be able to touch some areas even though he/she studied it. He/she will only know the basic teachings under it.
A pharmacy is a professional and a pharmacologist is also a professional.
Because a tailor knows about outfits doesn't mean he/she will start designing agbada by himself. Peace!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 JAMB Registration: Lagos, Kaduna & Abuja Recorded Highest Candidates So Far / Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? / University Of Ibadan Launching Her Pre-degree Program On July 15 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.