Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get (2099 Views)

16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb / I Should Have Sorted Some Courses Like Others Did Cries My Friend / Which Course Is Lucrative Between Pharmacy And Medicine?? (2) (3) (4)

Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
Why is it that courses like pharmacy and medicine admission for it is hard why i keep asking why :source www.stevani.com.ng
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by davbravo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
stevani:
Why is it that courses like pharmacy and medicine admission for it is hard why i keep asking why :source www.stevani.com.ng
That's because these courses are highly competitive due to the number of aspirants picking them yearly and only a few can be picked. As a result of this, the cutoff points are usually on the high side thereby limiting the number of students that'll be admitted

Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
stevani:
You know the answer already
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Xsem(m): 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
It's so because they are wholly competitive. Competitive in the sense that they are wanted by many, both the rich and the poor. So as a result,there are lots of shenanigans involved, like bribery,some going through the back door,and others meeting top men(connection).Since they are enviable courses, the vcs or some top school officials through that means make money and create political connection.
A quick question, as a vc of an institution and the governor of your state sends names of 18 candidates for you to put in medicine and 20 for pharmacy, would you reject? You knlow the benefits and also the implications of rejecting the name.

Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
Chaio no be small thing
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Meel: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
It is just a simple law of demand and supply.

Unilorin for example, can only admit 180 medical students and 70 pharmacy students in a session, the funny thing is that atleast 20000+ will be qualified to write post utme for the course. So even if all of them pass, the school can't admit more than 250 students into both department.

And sometimes due to , council quota and Nuc quota.
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
Just like lasu mtcheeewww 35000 admit only 3500 so they trower the rest for forest
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Meel: 2:10am On Oct 28, 2017
Lasu own is fair (10% of aspirant are being admitted), unilorin 120000 will apply and they won't admit more than 10000.

Medicine and pharmacy aspirants are more than 30000.
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Lasu own is not fair jare infact the thing weak me
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Learnstuffs: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2017
My brother as a pharmacy student I can assure you it is even easier to get these courses than to pass their professional exams

Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2017
Abi make sense
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
We want this post on fp
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
We need more comments
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by IamOlusa(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
Because of ignorance, many students believe if they don't study medicine or pharmacy, they wouldnt succeed. Thereby, making it competitive.
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Abi true bro nice one
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
Almost there
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
Make it rank fp
Re: Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Updated view www.stevani.com.ng

See A Teacher's Shocking Remark On A Pupil's Report Sheet / Gre Test Takers In Port Harcourt? / 2011/2012 Jamb Form