Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened (49145 Views)

OAU JULY 10 1999 Massacre: Share Your Experience And Thought / Survivor Of July 10, 1999 OAU Massacre Shares Experience / A Message From Uniport SUG (what actually happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Kayswat(m): 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
Still with this pain in their ass, oau student will still keep ranting their law faculty is second to none in Nigeria. Shiiooooo
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by oliidell(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Sanchez01:

The article is based on too many third parties. Iwilade George was not only a thorn in the flesh of cultists but also on the management. His cause was just but it was a thorn to the two aforementioned. The then Omole is not clean, even till date. As a matter of fact, some of the cultists 'disappeared' without a trace, even after being sentenced. I used to have the video of the apprehended cultists, their 'tools' and how they mentioned and implicated Omole. Afrika is the reason cultism died in OAU. RIP to his soul and that of other comrades who fell in the struggle.

That's the saddest part. The authorities and the powers that be let them go. Posterity will judge all of them. You shouldn't have lost that video.

1 Like

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by larrysiku20(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
This was a terrible day to remember I was an occupant of room 184, I was only luck to escape through the back door , my room mate was killed right in front of us, rest in peace efe ekede

2 Likes

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by viclords: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmmmmm I remeber dis story still at poly ib then we hire bus to ife to see wat hapen AFRICA live onnnnn we luv u but God love u most

1 Like

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by damzy88: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Empredboy:
i was in angola hall then as 100 level, my room was block K room 6. I/we ran into the bush with looking at where l/we were going to
I was also in blk kbrm 6 during my time. grin
Empredboy:
i was in angola hall then as 100 level, my room was block K room 6. I/we ran into the bush with looking at where l/we were going to
I was also in blk kbrm 6 during my time.
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Dolazee(f): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by JagaLove: 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
R.I.P to the fallen heroes.
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Empredboy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
damzy88:
I was also in blk kbrm 6 during my time. grin I was also in blk kbrm 6 during my time.
what your name?
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by titane: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
ucheo:
Every year this story will resurface again. Is it being told to remind the families of the dead ones or brush the ego of the cultist.?
In the 90s and early 2000 stories of killings and unfortunate death filled every where mostly in the east and south south of which this story is way below the ladder of the wanton destructions caused .
This story is painting of a pix where some of our young ones will start liking cultist life rather than the opposite.
Lets give the dead a break to RIP.
hey cultist!

1 Like

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Fourwinds: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
okonja:

No vex oh!, thought we are on the same side... grin
Happy Sunday grin
okonja:

No vex oh!, thought we are on the same side... grin
Happy Sunday
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by damzy88: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Empredboy:
what your name?
Damola Adegoke, 12 grad set, yours?
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Empredboy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
damzy88:
Damola Adegoke, 12 grad set, yours?
emeka was 2004 graduating set
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by allytinted: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Adeoba10:
Just imagine.... Arrested cultist with clean n pure evidence,yet dey were granted bail. Wherever d judge is,b it alive or dead, it will not be well with him. Most of dis top men in our society are once cultist, dats d main reason why dis useless dude found it easy to scale tru any court ish.
Back den, dats d spirit of Aluta..... Imagine a day after d cultist leashed dia terror agenda, d S.U.G organized demsef n search for some of d cultist,unlike some useless sug we av now, most of dem are V.C dogs.
The new SUG? Bro abeg dont even go there, they are just there for the fame and money. Very useless like the ueue in queue, reason y I call them Prefect not Sug.

2 Likes

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by eboigbe22: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
Was in Enugu wen the news broke to us, we just stood still and cried. RIP to the great ife5
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by eboigbe22: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2016
Was in Enugu wen the news broke to us, we just stood still and cried. RIP to the great ife5
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by holaralph(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
I know the story very well even though am a kid almost 40 but am sure of something, those cult guys and their accomplices will surely encounter their waterloo............ From the accomplices to their generations because they terminate a rare gems life prematurely.......... RIP AFRIKA

1 Like

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Fadahunsi(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
There's a saying in Yoruba language that goes thus:

..." Awo fe yaa, ogberi nfi eyin wo ile!"

Meaning :
... "while the already initiated are seriously looking for a way of escape, the uninitiated is ignorantly opting in"

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by damzy88: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2016
Empredboy:
emeka was 2004 graduating set
respect
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Empredboy(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2016
damzy88:
respect
Nice meeting you
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by McSterling(m): 12:41am On Jul 11, 2016
Surprised I'm reading about this for the first time. Afrika must have been a really great student leader. Quite young and very much impactful, unlike the vc puppets we had in school. I'm really moved by this. RIP Afrika and the other four. Aluta!

1 Like

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by tck2000(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2019
Eyah
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by elonmuskbaby: 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2022
Thank you Afrika,thank you legacy.you were one of the reasons we could have a peaceful education in oau.i know lanre legacy is still alive.when I see you, I'll kneel down to thank you.you Don't know what you have done to me and my generation

I'm not sure there can ever be justice in Nigeria because cultist are now the gatekeepers in the helms of affairs.oro po ninuwe kobo
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Successfulben: 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2022
I was in my penultimate year in that same here. George Iwilade was my good friend but used to be full of himself. I even had a tiff with him one time like that in the common room around 1998. But he was a cool guy all the same. July 10 1999 comes to mind and makes me cry. I saw the four of them in there pool of blood. I am 44 now. OAU forever in my heart.

2 Likes

Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by Midex88(m): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2023
Quite a sad story
Re: July 10 OAU Massacre; What Actually Happened by noskcid(m): 12:01am On May 28
Yes, this has been a long tradition of men

They kill a saint and make a white tomb of him

Same way Nigerian activists were killed in the past then they will either name a street after him or a school or a stadium or something meanwhile na dem kill am oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Unizik Releases 2nd Batch Of Admission List: / Ugandan Primary Schoolgirl Gives Birth During Mathematics Exam In School (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.