Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus (5789 Views)

Tecno Spark K7: Your Experience So Far And Rating / Tecno L8 Plus / A Nairalander's Impression Of The Tecno L8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by iamakbar(m): 6:41am On Jul 10, 2016
Eventually, I decided to buy Tecno L8 after serious considerations and scrutiny of both the phone and its battery-capacity contemporaries (Gionee M5, Tecno L5, Infinix Hot Note 2 et al), i headed to phone shop to make my purchase.

Getting there, i was a bit surprised when the attendant told me they only have L8 Plus. At first I thought it was the oversabi attitude of most attendants who in an attempt to sell, attribute irrelevant names to product. I was wrong. The attendant clarified that while L8 has just one 1GB RAM, L8 Plus boasts of a 2GB RAM memory. I was elated. I have seen and read about how frustrating 1GB RAM phones can be.

For brevity's sake, I'd like to state that L8 Plus is everything like it forerunner, L8. The only difference lies in the RAM.
However, for the benefit of those that mightn't have known, here are the basics about the phone:

Camera:
While for an 'unrepentant' picture snapper and Selfie taker, this might be a no no, the 8mp back with flash, 2mp front w/o flash camera will trump a lot of other phones within it cadre. It HDR option gives it a significant boost. I am contented with the quality.

Memory:
The 16GB ROM, 2 GB RAM is a seamless delight when i multitask between apps and play heavy games. No delay, no hang.

Battery:
Ehn ehn! While some might believe the price, coupled with the RAM is the unique selling point of the phone, I think the 5050mAh battery life is major perk of the phone. For one, it was what bought me over. However, I think the 5050mAh battery didn't live up to expectation.My take is that a battery with such gargantuan capacity should atleast last 3 days without heavy usage while heavy use of the phone should still give like 2 days of battery life. L8 Plus does not. A full charge without heavy usage gives you a max of 38 hrs or thereabout while you can only like 24/26 hrs for heavy usage. After surfing the net with 3G network and watching two episodes of GOT, and 60 mins of Now You See Me 2, there was only a considerable 20+% drop in my battery level. Suffice to say, i had my data on while watching the movies.

Operating System:

Prior to this time, i knew nothing about HiOs, never even knew Tecno had gone the way of Apple to create its own custom O.s- HiOs
The HiOs comes with some interesting perks like the Micro intelligence, Hi Theme, Hi Manager, App freeze, Ultra Mode, Wallpaper Switch et al( nothing entirely new that you won't get from the settings option of other android devices, except probably for the beautiful themes and Wallpapers). The HiOs really takes the lead in terms of graphics and User interface.

My L8 Plus is just 4 days old, thus, the discovery phase is still ongoing but as it stands i will peg the phone at 80/100 on all fronts except the battery. For the battery I'll give 70

Ps: Pic2 is a feel of one of the many beautiful wallpapers that abound in the HiOs
1 was taken with the 8mp back camera.

PPS: My feel about the battery is tentative and still under study. I just watched a 1hr35mins movie with HD @only 7% deduction of battery, which I feel is pretty fair.

Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Fesisko(m): 7:50am On Jul 10, 2016
What about the price?
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by iamakbar(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Fesisko:
What about the price?
I bought it 35k here in Yola
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
iamakbar:
Eventually, I decided to buy Tecno L8 after serious considerations and scrutiny of both the phone and its battery-capacity contemporaries (Gionee M5, Tecno L5, Infinix Hot Note 2 et al), i headed to phone shop to make my purchase.

Getting there, i was a bit surprised when the attendant told me they only have L8 Plus. At first I thought it was the oversabi attitude of most attendants who in an attempt to sell, attribute irrelevant names to product. I was wrong. The attendant clarified that while L8 has just one 1GB RAM, L8 Plus boasts of a 2GB RAM memory. I was elated. I have seen and read about how frustrating 1GB RAM phones can be.

For brevity's sake, I'd like to state that L8 Plus is everything like it forerunner, L8. The only difference lies in the RAM.
However, for the benefit of those that mightn't have known, here are the basics about the phone:

Camera:
While for an 'unrepentant' picture snapper and Selfie taker, this might be a no no, the 8mp back with flash, 2mp front w/o flash camera will trump a lot of other phones within it cadre. It HDR option gives it a significant boost. I am contented with the quality.

Memory:
The 16GB ROM, 2 GB RAM is a seamless delight when i multitask between apps and play heavy games. No delay, no hang.

Battery:
Ehn ehn! While some might believe the price, coupled with the RAM is the unique selling point of the phone, I think the 5050mAh battery life is major perk of the phone. For one, it was what bought me over. However, I think the 5050mAh battery didn't live up to expectation.My take is that a battery with such gargantuan capacity should atleast last 3 days without heavy usage while heavy use of the phone should still give like 2 days of battery life. L8 Plus does not. A full charge without heavy usage gives you a max of 38 hrs or thereabout while you can only like 24/26 hrs for heavy usage. After surfing the net with 3G network and watching two episodes of GOT, and 60 mins of Now You See Me 2, there was only a considerable 20+% drop in my battery level. Suffice to say, i had my data on while watching the movies.

Operating System:

Prior to this time, i knew nothing about HiOs, never even knew Tecno had gone the way of Apple to create its own custom O.s- HiOs
The HiOs comes with some interesting perks like the Micro intelligence, Hi Theme, Hi Manager, App freeze, Ultra Mode, Wallpaper Switch et al( nothing entirely new that you won't get from the settings option of other android devices, except probably for the beautiful themes and Wallpapers). The HiOs really takes the lead in terms of graphics and User interface.

My L8 Plus is just 4 days old, thus, the discovery phase is still ongoing but as it stands i will peg the phone at 80/100 on all fronts except the battery. For the battery I'll give 70

Ps: Pic2 is a feel of one of the many beautiful wallpapers that abound in the HiOs

PPS: My feel about the battery is tentative and still under study. I just watched a 1hr35mins movie with HD @only 7% deduction of battery, which I feel is pretty fair.
Is it true that the tecno l8 plus cannot transfer files like movies, music or general files from and to a laptop? Please help me test urs and let me know, my little cousin wants to know before purchasing the phone
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2016
Been using this phone close to two weeks now and I like everything about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2016
Skateboard:
Can one transfer files (music, movies, etc) from and to a laptop
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2016
adibo:

Of course. Why not....
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by kecee99(m): 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
iamakbar:

Camera:

Memory:

Battery:

Operating System:

does it support 4g connectivity?
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Xhaka(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
Skateboard:
Enjoy your device bro.
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
Skateboard:
Of course. Why not....
Some others posted in a thread that it cannot transfer files, hv u tried transferring files to the phone from a laptop? Pardon my questions, just want to be sure before my cousin buys the phone
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
adibo:

Some others posted in a thread that it cannot transfer files, hv u tried transferring files to the phone from a laptop? Pardon my questions, just want to be sure before my cousin buys the phone
Transferred files several times using my USB cable and bluetooth
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by omoalajah(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
Any android phone should be able to do that.
adibo:

Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Skateboard:
OK thanks
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by gingerman876: 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bluetooth is so slow. I prefer USB Cable for large files.
Skateboard:
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by yinka360nl1: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
You've had quite an experience
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by 360koncepts: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
Wonderful power bank.. LOL

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by jesse8048(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
What I hate about the phone, it has no notification light like my tecno H6. The three Light, home, back on d bottom of d screen doesn't show up. Dnt no y it's so.
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by iamakbar(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2016
adibo:

Is it true that the tecno l8 plus cannot transfer files like movies, music or general files from and to a laptop? Please help me test urs and let me know, my little cousin wants to know before purchasing the phone
nothing of such. i transfer files from laptop to phones without any glitch
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by iamakbar(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
yinka360nl1:
You've had quite an experience
sincerely an experience it is. And to say this is my second time of using a Tecno device (first being Tecno N3 in 2012/13). #Gooddeal
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 1:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
iamakbar:

nothing of such. i transfer files from laptop to phones without any glitch
Thanks
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:11am On Jul 19, 2016
iamakbar:

sincerely an experience it is. And to say this is my second time of using a Tecno device (first being Tecno N3 in 2012/13). #Gooddeal
Welcome to the Tecno fan club

1 Like

Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2016
adibo:

That is a fat lie
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2016
Skateboard:
I guess this is why my NL boo penaldo became a chronic tecno fan
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:17am On Jul 19, 2016
adibo:

AAbsolutely. Whoever tells you otherwise is a liar
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:17am On Jul 19, 2016
adibo:

The person should check his USB cable.
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by ibibiofirstlady(f): 6:18am On Jul 19, 2016
Skateboard:
It is better you use USB for transfer due to speed
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by adibo(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Thank everyone for ur response, my cousin was almost persuaded not to buy the phone because of the lie of not being able to transfer. I will let her know. Thanks once again
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Penaldo: 8:46am On Jul 19, 2016
ibibiofirstlady:
I guess this is why my NL boo penaldo became a chronic tecno fan
You are right bae. Tecno has helped my ministry greatly
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Xhaka(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2016
Penaldo:
You are right bae. Tecno has helped my ministry greatly
Not only you.
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
bought my L8+ @ Beirut rd Kano for #45k dis Month,oct, it z amazing, especially with d superb battery, gud screen resolution, speed, d 8mp Camera is awesome, better than my H7 8mp likely due to HDR improvement, u can use d phone to charge other phone/BT headset , u can equally copy files from USB flash drive using d OTG cable, if u hv large contact, u don't need d search box, just scroll up /down on d alphabets arranged on d Right hand side of d screen. The phone is amazing, I am really enjoying it .
Re: My Experience So Far With The Tecno L8 Plus by Deeni131: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2017
zeribe4real:
bought my L8+ @ Beirut rd Kano for #45k dis Month,oct, it z amazing, especially with d superb battery, gud screen resolution, speed, d 8mp Camera is awesome, better than my H7 8mp likely due to HDR improvement, u can use d phone to charge other phone/BT headset , u can equally copy files from USB flash drive using d OTG cable, if u hv large contact, u don't need d search box, just scroll up /down on d alphabets arranged on d Right hand side of d screen. The phone is amazing, I am really enjoying it .

pls bro is ur l8plus still doing fine. Pls is the battery and everything about the phone.

(1) (Reply)

MTN SME Data Doesn't Work Any More, Have U Noticed That ? / My Near Scam Experience / Why The Infinix Note 4 Pro Is Better Than The Samsung Note 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.