Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun (1705 Views)

PDP Plotted Igbo Hate Song - APC Chairman, Oyegun / Tinubu Did Not Assist Me Into Becoming APC National Chairman – Oyegun / Doyin Okupe: No Politician Alive Can Stand Buhari’s Popularity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 10, 2016
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has admitted that President Muhammadu Buhari is no longer popular like he was during the 2015 general election.

“All governments worldwide in between terms lose some degree of popularity; no question about that,” he told Punch

“We are having harsh economic times, no question about that and that does not increase the popularity of any government. It only diminishes it to some extent. What is different is that, in our case, in spite of the harsh economic realities, the people still have full confidence, trust.

“I think that is the proper word, in President Buhari, that he will do his very best to improve their lot and I think the proof of that was the reaction to the threatened strikes by the labour unions. You can see that even though people are unhappy, they refused to come out because they understood.

“They are in pain but they understood why the pain was there and they trusted the President that he was doing everything within his power to ameliorate their pain. So yes, there is a lot of grumbling all over the place, but also there is a lot of trust in Mr. President”, he added.

On internal crisis in some states, including Kano, Bayelsa and Kogi, Oyegun said APC was attending to each of them.

“In vevery case, we are making progress. Bayelsa should be concluded in a matter of weeks. Kano is basically a personality thing and we’ve got everybody to sheathe their swords for now.

“And I think that has happened. Kano has cooled off. We also have issues in Kogi State which we are also attending to. That is the only way you know a government that is in power.

“If we were in opposition, there won’t be skirmishes in these states because there would be nothing to skirmish over but since we are in power, people are still struggling for relative importance within the system with an eye on tomorrow.

“These things are normal, they are expected but we’ve developed that habit of democratic consultation and reconciliation and it is working”, he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/09/buharis-popularity-has-dropped-apc-chairman-oyegun/
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 10, 2016
“They are in pain but they understood why the pain was there and they trusted the President that he was doing everything within his power to ameliorate their pain. So yes, there is alot of grumbling all over the place, but also there is a lot of trust in Mr. President”, he added.

I thought Nigerians were silent about the nauseating economic status because only “few people are suffering” according to Adesina?

Continue in your deceits, Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, Oyegun is now an IPOB/Wailer yoot – Zombies.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by tsamson(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by princeakins(m): 7:01am On Jul 10, 2016
Meaningless embarassed
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Zex0020(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2016
Am Not Suprise,any Foundation Built On Lies And Propaganda Wil Alwayz Follow Suit,besides Uncle Lai(lie)mohd Is Tamed Now He Is Not Talking Like B4 because We Lose Confidenz On Him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by odave: 7:11am On Jul 10, 2016
Before nko? Every four yrs is a the judgment day in nigeria, I'v got my mind made up and I wont turn back! Sand can never fit in rice. A house built by saliva will be destroyed by dew
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2016
the objective Nigerians will not consider voting in this “unpopular” govt the second time. You betrayed our trust with failure, lies, selective corruption fight and empty promises.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by onyi4edu(f): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2016
Taaarrrrrrhhhhhh!!! Shut up Mr.
People are scared to protest because of fear of the unknown, you wouldn't blame them because the precedents of our president is very glaring.
Besides, people no longer have full confidence in him as you said, they are just hoping for something better to come up, I mean like a miracle.
Keep consoling yourselves for your failures and ineptitude Mr.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Beremx(f): 7:19am On Jul 10, 2016
If APC chairman can say this, then he's not far from the truth.
Buhari why?
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 10, 2016
Beremx:

Buhari why?
Isn't the reason obvious? He came to office without an adequate plan. Sending Jonathan back to Otuoeke was their chief goal; they became lost in the maze after that was achieved. His popularity has just begun to plummet. If things don't wear the hue of the promised "CHANGE", he will go down in history as the president who promised so much but delivered very little.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by able20(m): 8:31am On Jul 10, 2016
Where are those Zombies who wanted maalam Buhari only to fight corruption, that the economy and job creation is not an issue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by iokpebholo: 8:54am On Jul 10, 2016
John oyegun was a total failure when he was governor of my state while Buhari was a total failure when he was military president in d 80s.so I never expected any thing good from this government. Mcheew lubbish

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by malton: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2016
Undisputable fact!

His major undoing are as regards appointments and the economy.

The man allowed his nepotistic tendencies to get the better of him.

Such a disappointment!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2016
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by pendusky(m): 10:15am On Jul 10, 2016
Who become our president in 2019 is my concern...
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
pendusky:
When we get to the bridge, then we can cross. But for now, Buhari is not an option.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by chernest2002: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
Vindication is my song everyday, I said it from the day Mr dictator started campaign that he is a failure in all dictionaries but the zombies never see far like the waillers. But now many zombies are seeing it though is late now, apc should start impeachment process immediately to save Nigeria. The earlier the better.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Babatundecash(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
pendusky:
where were you when APC endorses PMB for 2nd term by saying no vacancy in Aso rock and if You think Buhari needs the irrelevant vote of the minority to emerge president come 2019 mean u're in for a long thing....All I know is that Buhari mean well for this nation....and for the Pdp wailers watch out for the next episode as Pdp prepare to hand the Alagbaka govt.house mantle to Apc come nov.26 here in Ondo state....and if u still believe sheriff,markafi and other Pdp element can match buhari's popularity in the north means ur imagination is dead on arrival#I stand with PMB.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Sultanchidi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Just wait and see how CLASSIFIEDS ZOMBIES wil come and twist it with another meaning. Bt i taught adeshitna said it's only d minority dat ar complaining

Meanwhile

It's Legacy
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Wrong headline...nigeria newpaper and catchy headline
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
[s]Wrong headline...nigeria newpaper and catchy headline[/s]
what can you deduce from this:
“All governments worldwide in between terms lose some degree of popularity; no question about that,”

Please make ideal use of your inference faculty.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
blueto:
what can you deduce from this:

Please make ideal use of your inference faculty.
headline is misleading
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
headline is misleading
I just made an appraisal on your previous post and ascertained your loathsomeness for other news conduits except Sahara Reporters and Premiumtimes.

I presume there is not need to argue with you.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
blueto:
I just made an appraisal on your previous post and ascertained your loathsomeness for other news conduits except Sahara Reporters and Premiumtimes.

I presume there is not need to argue with you.
good...I don't deal with a source said that,someone craving anonymity said that.....crap....give us facts and figures with proof....investigative journalism in naija is dead
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by FagsamPHP(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
Buhari the Dullard!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Yorubanews: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
[size=18pt]It has dropped in the SW because his popularity remains the same in the SE.[/size]
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Paperwhite(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
Beremx:

Buhari why?
Don't give up madam. Help is on the way."Comarade Buhari is always right"Sai Chanji" grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by Paperwhite(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
Babatundecash:
where were you when APC endorses PMB for 2nd term by saying no vacancy in Aso rock and if You think Buhari needs the irrelevant vote of the minority to emerge president come 2019 mean u're in for a long thing....All I know is that Buhari mean well for this nation....and for the Pdp wailers watch out for the next episode as Pdp prepare to hand the Alagbaka govt.house mantle to Apc come nov.26 here in Ondo state....and if u still believe sheriff,markafi and other Pdp element can match buhari's popularity in the north means ur imagination is dead on arrival#I stand with PMB.
2 things are involved:It's either you're not in Nigeria or you're but have lost touch with reality.Take an opinion sampling of an average northerner to confirm what I'm saying.
Re: Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun by dadebayo1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
Seems like we need to send a wailers form to oyegun.. Gradually eyes are beginning to open.. Trust me it is just a matter of time before we get to elastic limit.. With the way things are very soon Nigerians will stand up to demand for the change they truly deserve.. Sincerely times are hard and anyone who thinks otherwise probably does not work for what he spends...

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Shoot Young APC Man Dead In Awka,Anambra State(pictured) / Ecowas Court Moves Kanu's Case To Another Country To Avoid Pollution Of Justice / 2016 Budget has Recorded 79% Performance, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.