Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? (20995 Views)

What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / Church Members Lie On The Floor For Pastor, To Welcome Him (Photo) / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2016
ChuxMyk:

Lmao. Really funny. This might apply here too. Although I'm strongly convinced you are just joking.
yea,i was just joking
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by emi14: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2016
ChuxMyk:

iPod kwa? Na audio? Lol

Sorry dear iPad I mean.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by temmym4(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Back in the days, folded scripts (Sorry i dont know the right name for them) written with feathers and ink was what we read from. and am sure that was where the bible was originated from.

why not tell the pastors to read from that at this century? now that technology is more advanced, now it s a sin reading an e-bible? Hypocrisy!

Technology has gone beyond just the way it used to be. in the old times, The pastor preaches to the congregation in his loudest voice but now, amplifiers and microphone has taken over, How many pastors go around the neighborhood for evangelism now? They ll go to media houses to broadcast the Gospel of Jesus and winning more souls.. The same applies to The Bible, just because the world has gotten into an advanced stage, does that makes a pastor reading a bible passage from his Tab a sinner?
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by esthadewunmi(f): 12:03am On Jul 12, 2016
If truly is God that called them using phone to preach instead of bible is wron.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2016
Hello miss Refiner pls can i meet you.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by orunto27: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
There are 3 words that you don't understand here:- Who is a Pastor? What is a Phone and What really is a Bible? Fully define these three for us to answer your question properly to your Understanding.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2016
dollyjoy:
Refiner please stop lying biko undecided lipsrsealed

But if it is true,then he doesn't deserved the pastor's tittle.g.

I think God is too merciful self, the kind of rubbish people do in the house of God these days is alarmingsad
ignorant is a disease
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
refiner:
Good morning and merry Sunday friends...smiley

I don't seem to get a satisfactory answer to these...and I think here might be in a better position to give me the answers I crave for...

in my church,*name undisclosed*the pastor uses a phone to read bible....but I wish to ask if it's morally right for a pastor to use a phone to read bible while preaching...

it maybe ignored if it was being used by a member,but we are talking about a pastor here,who stands by the pulpit to preach the word of God...but instead of the bible,he uses a phone...

Nice question. I understand why you feel this way.
I don't know how others view this but i will give you my honest opinion.
Refiner, there is nothing wrong at all in using what is in vogue at the time to read the word or God. It is the same word of God be it in tablet form, carved on a rock or in a book.
The word of God was written on what was available at the time of the prophets and disciples. I can imagine the materials used in writing it in the old testament could well be different from those that were used in the new testament.
When God had to issue the ten commandments, he used what was available on the mountain. The materials or media they come in do not change the letters of the word. They remain the word of God.
The materials used in the Bible as it is today, are different from the materials in which those words were originally written.
I don't think i need to go further..
Some may be of different opinion but this is mine.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by toprealman: 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
refiner:
Good morning and merry Sunday friends...smiley

I don't seem to get a satisfactory answer to these...and I think here might be in a better position to give me the answers I crave for...

in my church,*name undisclosed*the pastor uses a phone to read bible....but I wish to ask if it's morally right for a pastor to use a phone to read bible while preaching...

it maybe ignored if it was being used by a member,but we are talking about a pastor here,who stands by the pulpit to preach the word of God...but instead of the bible,he uses a phone...
what really matters is the message he is conveying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electrifying Celebrations As Sisterhood-africa/global Prayer Conference Holds / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell. / You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.