Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? (20967 Views)

What's The Right Way To Dispose Of Worn Out Bible In The Home? / Church Members Lie On The Floor For Pastor, To Welcome Him (Photo) / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Larryfest(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
Is it even morally right for you allow someone read the bible to you? You can't read yourself or what?? You all depend on the pastor to read to you and he reads and interpretes what suits him to you...you make them demi-gods and they inturn take advantage of your gullibility to their own satisfaction..
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by greatjoey: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Its not morally right. What if he received an SMS on the pulpit that can shatter his emotions while on stage?

Therevis nothing wring with it. There are a couple of off line e-bible in use. It is a matter of putting off the network and put the well off line bible on.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by STPEACE10: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
oladipo322:
most people sees it as a normal thing, but I don't accept such style or whatever it is called. why can't he take the Bible and read directly from or is it too heavy...... let give God his respect when expected not doing the wrong thing in the name of TECHNOLOGY
if want to give God respect, then go to Jerusalem and look for that stone the word of God was first inscribed, secondly, during the time of Jesus, the read the word of God from scroll, there was nothing like bible so go and look for scroll.
Happy Sunday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Orikinla(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
What matters most is he Reading The WORD of GOD.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by palsenator(m): 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2016
There is nothing wrong in it my brother... It is only wrong when he forsake the original physical Bible. Let me remind you, Bible was formerly in scrolls before they were transcribed into book cover and were written in inks or carved on rocks. Will u say it was bad that the Bible was transcribed? No . But the scrolls still exist. If you have the scriptures on your phone as an e- version,i don't think anything is bad with that but as Christians,we should still carry our physical Bible aways while phone stands for quick reference.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2016
As long as it is the undiluted word of God, no problem. Those that have a problem with it can go and look for the original scrolls which contain the "original" word of God was written and take them to their own church. Who told y'all that God prefers hard copy to an E -copy.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by pelij18(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
eph12:
I don't see anything wrong with using a phone or tablet as your Bible. The medium you use is of no importance. What is important there is the undiluted word of God. As long as it has not been tampered with there is no problem. We worry too much over wrong things. Bible was not initially written like as we have it now in paper. The printing innovation came and it was fully made used of and now this (e-bible) is the new innovation. I will say embrace it.
A million point you've got there, dude.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by SherlockHollmes(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2016
donnffd:
I see this question as the testament of the level of sophistication of many Nigerians.

At the period when the bible was written, people used scrolls to document and even in the synagogues, they carried around scrolls and parchment.
Recording in books was invented later on, it was more flexible and easier to carry than the older scrolls and parchments. Most of the ancient texts including the books of the bible where transferred to paper books.

Now we are in the age of Ebooks, Pdf, Epub, apps which is far more easier to carry than books and can contain lots and lots of information in the same surface area or smaller, and someone is asking if its morally right?

Smh...
God bless you. You just said what's on my mind.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by bakynes(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
OP dont forget the word "Bible" is English not hebrew. The Bible is a compiled writtings of great men of God into a book. Like many has said with passing time and age people invented ways to make life more easier. The 10 commandments of God was writen in Stones, as time went on Scrolls were invented then books and now Mobile Electronic devices( Laptop, Phones and Ipads). Its the word of God you carry in you that is what lives with you not the book.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by OpinionCounts(m): 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
.... I think it is wrong, very wrong. He is supposed to be using a scroll like in the time of our Lord Jesus or better still a stone tab as designed by the Almighty God for Moses, even these small bibles is not right just like the phones too.
I also hope you guys do not use air conditioners in your church because that is an abomination, the church needs to be hot like in the days of Jesus so that you can feel the move of the spirit in greater measure.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by nigeriagospel(m): 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
Why are Africans so backward with their thinking, the first bible was never in papper form but written on stones, thanks to technology which latter gave b irth to printing and now we are in the digital age, its is the word of God in your spirit that works not the printed words.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by harsysky(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
If phone/tablet is wrong, the hand copy bible is wrong, too.

We should all be using

scroll

instead of the bible we're using now.

From the kind of bible he uses now, soon, you will graduate to the trouser/tie/shirt he wears. Worship God abeg and don't limit Him. Afterall, He is the one who has given us the wisdom to make these things.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Buikechukwu35(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
Can you use phone or tablet to fight demon when it comes to spiritual aspect of it?.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
OpinionCounts:
.... I think it is wrong, very wrong. He is supposed to be using a scroll like in the time of our Lord Jesus or better still a stone tab as designed by the Almighty God for Moses, even these small bibles is not right just like the phones too.
I also hope you guys do not use air conditioners in your church because that is an abomination, the church needs to be hot like in the days of Jesus so that you can feel the move of the spirit in greater measure.
Thank you.
Lool pls tell them.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by smartograpy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Of Course Yes tell me the reason why should he not use it is it is because Jesus did not use it? Jesus while he was on earth used boat to preach so if there were ipad and mic he would definiately use it
what am trying to prove is that it is right for a pastor to use ipad to preach
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by dachisom(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op,IS IT WRONG TO HAVE PHONES? In Jesus era,they used scrolls which were much in volume than the bible we have today.so is it morally wrong to use the bible instead of scrolls? NO! it has nothing to do with being moral,same with using phones over papers bible.
So pls there is no need spiritualizing everything.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Davidolives(m): 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Its not morally right. What if he received an SMS on the pulpit that can shatter his emotions while on stage?
that is why a good bible app will switch your phone to airplane mode automatically
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by STPEACE10: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Buikechukwu35:
Can you use phone or tablet to fight demon when it comes to spiritual aspect of it?.
Oga, can you use ink and paper to fight demon when it comes to spiritual aspect if it?!
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Davidolives(m): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Buikechukwu35:
and you think it is the papers and holding it that prevent the demon?my pastor once said if you cram scripture you will only pass c.r.k it doesn't mean you understand it
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by menxer: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hahahahahaha

Come to think of it, Moses used Stone Tablet to read God's commandments, so what is wrong with a Pastor using a Samsung Tablet to do same?

Tablet na Tablet, any one you use will cure your ignorance of spiritual laws. grin
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by TheSPEAKER(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
I see nothing wrong in it provided it doesn't permanently "displace" the hard copy. after all, you can read along with your bible.

It provides you an opportunity to read from numerous versions.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Loski26(m): 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
He shouldn't read the bible from a phone? Because?

But he can preach using a microphone instead of his voice? He can drive cars to church instead of riding an ass? He can don suits instead of wearing loins and garments? He can eat shoprite bread and apples instead of unleavened bread and fig fruits?

The thought - process of some Christians beats me silly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by TheSPEAKER(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
I see nothing wrong in it provided it doesn't permanently "displace" the hard copy. after all, you can read along with your bible.

It provides you an opportunity to read from numerous versions.

If he's up to other things, it's him and God.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Publo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Davidolives:
that is why a good bible app will switch your phone to airplane mode automatically
is there a Bible app like that on Play store, if yes, what's the name.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by platypus(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
It is not a question of morality. It's about dignity. The question is, is it dignifying. As far as there is no rule, tablet looks more presentable in front of audience rather than phone.
@personalopinion
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by tosyne2much(m): 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Nigerians don again come with their delusional and poverty way of thinking... It's so pathetic that in this world of technological advancement, some people still prefer to backward minded

With a topic like this, you can now see the quality of graduate being produced by Nigerian institutions.. Smh
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Toks2008(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
refiner:
Good morning and merry Sunday friends...smiley

I don't seem to get a satisfactory answer to these...and I think here might be in a better position to give me the answers I crave for...

in my church,*name undisclosed*the pastor uses a phone to read bible....but I wish to ask if it's morally right for a pastor to use a phone to read bible while preaching...

it maybe ignored if it was being used by a member,but we are talking about a pastor here,who stands by the pulpit to preach the word of God...but instead of the bible,he uses a phone...

The most important is the logos which is the written word and not the object the words are read from.

I can't remember the last time I read from the printed booklet.

Bible is the written words and you can get any version you want just at a click from your device..
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by tosyne2much(m): 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2016
tolugar:
There is nothing wrong with it op.

Some phones are so cute they even read out the scripts for you.

After all there is no place It's written in the bible that

"thou shall not read thy scriptures from a phone"
I like the emboldened grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Fikifaka(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
What's wrong with it? We are talking technology, you are asking bullshit. I tire for you.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by Orokita(m): 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2016
Interesting post..... Believe it or not we had a situation in church today where one of the ministers was finding it very difficult to read the bible... It took him longer than 5mins to read wat one wud easily read for 1min. So people were wondering why he cudnt read and I'm sure a few new peeps wud think he was illiterate or sumfink... And then he said "pardon me all I just can't seem to read the bible, permit me to read thru my phone".....with the phone he read thru rather easily. So before you judge or draw conclusions be careful....u don't know wat people are passing thru. And oh he was prayed for and asked to read the Bible again which he did relatively OK. #just saying
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by jimotochukwuobi(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
I certainly do not see anything wrong with a Pastor, a man of God or anybody whatsoever, using phone or any electronic devices to access the bible. We are in a world of technology which has made most things easier. The bible has different versions such as King James, Good news, English Translation, New King James, New International Version etc. When a Pastor is preaching, he may have cause to use these different versions of the bible for understanding purposes, technology makes it easier for him to access them and save time that would have make him carry maybe about 3 different bibles and start flipping through them. I conclusion, it nothing, even in many foreign churches these days, the pastors now rely on the projectors for bible references.
Re: Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? by sammykari99(m): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
I don't see any wrong using a phone to preach,provided the word isn't compromise.We have all application of Bible version .Even at that the message to be preach are prepare and Bible verse needed are read out,very convenient you need to turn pages of book just scroll down and pass the message. I Hope OP you won't be suprise seeing a Pastor(s) preaching with a projector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / How To Lose Your Destiny In Few Seconds / God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.