Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC (1459 Views)

Nigerian Popular Blogger "Ejump" Shares His Inspiring Hustle Story / Popular Blogger Donvin Finally Bought A Car Today / Blogging Has Paid Off!!! Popular Blogger,ogudu Clement,acquires A Brand New Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by charming1111(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
In a country like Nigeria, where youths are jobless, and the president is busy searching for the moon that was kidnapped by the Niger Delta Avengers, cyber crime, aka Yahoo Yahoo, is very common.

How on earth, would Ogudu Clement, the founder of viewngr.com(a newspaper site) and the CEO of migwor.com (an online shopping mall), be accused of cyber crime? This clearly shows that many police officers do not browse the internet for useful information that would assist them in rendering improved service to the nation.

Come to think of it, if police officers upgraded themselves by constantly browsing the internet for professional information, it means that there would be

1. POS machines at every check point as against collecting cash from defaulting drivers.

2. Instead of ceasing vehicle papers, ATM cards would be ceased and for those drivers who don’t have ATM cards, their Bank Verification Numbers(BVN) would be detained.

The perception of the average Nigerian is that only YAHOO boys have laptops and unfortunately, this was the case between clement and the officers of the Nigerian Police Force. However, after checking his phones and laptop without evidence of cyber crime, he was asked to go.

Below, is the facebook update on the timeline of the popular blogger:

So this is how it happened,
Just 30mins ago I was coming from my bro place LordEmma Jubilee on a one on one class.. I got stopped by SARS, he asked me to parked… my heart got…  Sha but no need… So I parked.

He asked me to open my boot and come down, I did. He saw my goods I sells ( ‪#‎Migwo products) and my laptop.. So he asked what re those female things doing in my boot including human hair, gowns, handbags, etc I told him they are things I sell.

He ask me to bring out my laptop.. I did. Collected all my phones he saw everything was Apple Made including my laptop.. I know say e mind don conclude say “Na dem be this” (yahoo boys)

He asked me to unlock my passworded mobiles ” Uhmm I told him I can’t that it’s my privacy that he doesn’t have a single right to glance through my privacy.. Uhmm trust them e don dey won rank leading to another I don’t know.. So to protect my self… I quietly unlock all my phones including my laptop..

You could imagine the guy start to read my chats he read my chats with my bra Nosagie Nosa-Ero on whatsapp.. Read everything I dey shout for am say he don’t need to read my chats.. Uhmm… Ok o… Read enta Oscar Jay my senior bra still enta Lordemma own… To Francis Vincent Donvin to Mccoynelly Nelly and lot more…
After 20-25mins checking behold I was clean as holy water Uhmm… He gave me my properties and said sorry while I zoomed off.

NOTE:
I showed him my company I.D Card o.. But he no send

He never knew I’m connected to their oga kpatakpata but I stepped on the low to handle this myself and see how I can defend myself in no time…
Don’t know if u would learn anything from this sha but decided to share…

http://infongr.com/2016/07/10/internet-crime-popular-blogger-ogudu-clement-was-arrested-by-the-efcc/

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by VocalWalls: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2016
Ehn? undecided
You can only imagine, to carry a laptop bag is now a crime.
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by Puresolutions: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
it' very depressing reading the headline at first but when i saw the pic brotha you need to work on your wardrobe there's a way people in the legit line dress,you're inverted so they treated you according to your dress sense and not who you are.. !

1 Like

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by emymeeky: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Puresolutions:
it' very depressing reading the headline at first but when i saw the pic brotha you need to work on your wardrobe there's a way people in the legit line dress,you're inverted so they treated you according to your dress sense and not who you are.. !

What's wrong with his dressing ? Why do you leave substance and chase shadows ? How does his dressing suggest any illegitimacy ?

The kind of judgement people pass make me wonder if they are stark illiterates

1 Like

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by Puresolutions: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
emymeeky:

What's wrong with his dressing ? Why do you leave substance and chase shadows ? How does his dressing suggest any illegitimacy ?

The kind of judgement people pass make me wonder if they are stark illiterates

it's not judgement it's reality.before people know you its your dressing they see.and spare me the pep talk pls

1 Like

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by emymeeky: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2016
Puresolutions:

it's not judgement it's reality.before people know you its your dressing they see.and spare me the pep talk pls

Grow up
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by Puresolutions: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
cheap data. once these generation sit behind a screen the next thing is to flip insults here and there.cheap data.

1 Like

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by Polaris1: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
An 'appreciable' command of written English is an asset in blogging.

1 Like

Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by macaranta(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2016
Polaris1:
An 'appreciable' command of written English is an asset in blogging.

Honestly it was a drag reading what was posted up there.
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by talk2hb1(m): 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
I had the same experience in 2012 with Area G policemen in Ogba Lagos, I was accosted by two men in mufti who was flashing his ID card to my face while I was on a call with my sister. He overheard me asking my sister of any cyber cafe around ogba, thinking I am one of their markets cheesy he identify himself a Nigeria police officer. He said what do I have in my Bag? I told him my Laptop, a Camera, and otber stuffs. He told me to hand over my phone wgich I refused, he said I must come with him to the station which I told him okay. We eventually settled it without me paying him a dime (bad Market) he tried making friendly talk which I played dumb to.
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by emillionaire: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2016
rubbish
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by lightheart(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
emymeeky:

Grow up

He only said the truth, bro.
Cheers!
Re: Internet Crime!!! Popular Blogger, Ogudu Clement, Was Arrested By The EFCC by emymeeky: 8:19am On Jul 12, 2016
lightheart:

He only said the truth, bro.
Cheers!

And I only said the lie

(1) (Reply)

Buy iptv For 1 Year With +5000 HD Channel / Business Plan Writers For Startups And Smes / I Need Your Comments On This Blog I Created For My Company With Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.