Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Avensis Malfunction - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Avensis Malfunction (1672 Views)

Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? / ABS Malfunction In My Pajero / Dashboard Lights Malfunction On 2006 Honda Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
Guys can I get some respite here.

I had removed the battery from my Avensis for sometime since I was not using it. Last week I reinstalled it but i had to touch the keyless object on the start button before starting the car. I travelled again only to come back yesterday and have tried everything but the car won't start.

I changed batteries in the hope that this will help but to no avail. Horn, light, etc are all functioning. The dashboard instruction only says, depress break pedal and push engine switch to start. I have been doing that all afternoon in this scorching heat.

Anyone knows what I am not doing right please.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
hardbody:

I had removed the battery from my Avensis for sometime since I was not using it. Last week I reinstalled it but i had to touch the keyless object on the start button before starting the car. I travelled again only to come back yesterday and have tried everything but the car won't start.

I changed batteries in the hope that this will help but to no avail. Horn, light, etc are all functioning. The dashboard instruction only says, depress break pedal and push engine switch to start. I have been doing that all afternoon in this scorching heat.

When you depress the brake pedal, does the amber warning light, on the start button change to green?
Re: Avensis Malfunction by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
hardbody:

Haba! And I thought we were close. sad
Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Haba! And I thought we were close. sad

Bros we are. But your phone no gree connect to mine. Thanks for the offline advise, i will take those steps, and coming from you i am certain the problem is already resolved.

Gazzuz of life. I doff.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Siena:

When you depress the brake pedal, does the amber warning light, on the start button change to green?

No sir. No light at all, else I won't be here seeking help.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
hardbody:

No sir. No light at all, else I won't be here seeking help.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

It is possible to have the light indicator, yet have a no start condition, this is why I asked.

2 Likes

Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
Siena:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

It is possible to have the light indicator, yet have a no start condition, this is why I asked.

Sincerely sorry Siena, i was not being sarcastic, just overwhelmed. My apologies. I had no light indicator. I do appreciate your concern and desire to be helpful.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by leuelliot(m): 9:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Does the car unlock/lock via the key fob?
Re: Avensis Malfunction by oNj(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2016
hardbody:

From my experience with push-to-start, if the lever doesn't go into park well car won't start.
Put it on neutral and see if it starts
Re: Avensis Malfunction by leuelliot(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: Avensis Malfunction by Flexherbal(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
I learn from this section everyday.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by baconline(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
The fact that u put d fob on the button b4 it starts tells u d fob is not emmiting signal to start the car by proxy or the car is not sensing the signal, have d fob read on a tango that will let u know what to do next, ask any key programmer who has a tango to read it , if it reads then the fault is from the car, if it doesn't go get a new key done
Re: Avensis Malfunction by talk2odim: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Siena:

Good day Sienna, i would like to seek ur opinnion on something if you don't mind. Your email pls. Thanks. Sorry if i derailed.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by petersje8: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2016
This happened to me something ago when I bought my 2012 toyota avalon. I think the battery of the key fob is down. Change the battery and everything will be just fine.

hardbody:

Sincerely sorry Siena, i was not being sarcastic, just overwhelmed. My apologies. I had no light indicator. I do appreciate your concern and desire to be helpful.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
petersje8:

This happened to me something ago when I bought my 2012 toyota avalon. I think the battery of the key fob is down. Change the battery and everything will be just fine.

Thanks bro. It's not working even after the change in battery.

1 Like

Re: Avensis Malfunction by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
@OP, seems you're ignoring bacoline's suggestion.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Costee:
@OP, seems you're ignoring bacoline's suggestion.

Sorry guys, i hadn't been on here for some time, i have no reason to ignore any suggestion. Interestingly i did suggest, based on my earlier experience, that it could be a programming issue going by an earlier experience with my pajero but my trusted mechanic discouraged me otherwise. My challenge now is that some items have been touched on the vehicle and while my mechanic is no longer desirous of working on the car except I tow it to his garage, i am not comfortable with towing the car because of how low it is and the rough patches on the road. So i am in a quagmire.

A programmer might not be willing to touch a car with some bits lying on the car floor, and to think that this Avensis is 2014 and still within its warranty period which I have messed up already angry sad sad

I will accept further inputs.
Re: Avensis Malfunction by hardbody: 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
baconline:
The fact that u put d fob on the button b4 it starts tells u d fob is not emmiting signal to start the car by proxy or the car is not sensing the signal, have d fob read on a tango that will let u know what to do next, ask any key programmer who has a tango to read it , if it reads then the fault is from the car, if it doesn't go get a new key done

Apologies bro. I wasn't ignoring you, been out for a while.

Thanks. Will revert.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Worst Vehicles And Their Defects. / Vehicle Engine Mileage / In Need Of A Vehicle To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.