Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,210 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

Advice Me Please!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Me Please!!! (490 Views)

Please Advice Me? / Pls.advice Me On Any Good Bible School In Benincity. / Should I Leave Home Or Face Life. Advice Me Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me Please!!! by visijo(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2016
Now secondary school is about closing, and masquerades will kick start somewhere in south south, and i keep asking why they derive joy in playing the devilish game, all i hear is that it is our culture, and it will stop me from doing my business now, because i am not one of their initiate.. So i am now seeking for advice, should i initiate so that i can ride on with my business
Re: Advice Me Please!!! by thorpido(m): 6:47am On Jul 11, 2016
Do you have to initiate?Are there not people doing business there without being initiated?
All you need to do is ask God for directions and apply wisdom in your activities.

Remember,you can't dine with the devil and expect to end unscathed.
Re: Advice Me Please!!! by ouigy99(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2016
visijo:
Now secondary school is about closing, and masquerades will kick start somewhere in south south, and i keep asking why they derive joy in playing the devilish game, all i hear is that it is our culture, and it will stop me from doing my business now, because i am not one of their initiate.. So i am now seeking for advice, should i initiate so that i can ride on with my business

OP, during Christmas season now, you will be jostling to snap with Santa Claus A.K.A father Christmas, not knowing it's also a masquerade..... Oyibo masquerade, which also has a historical background that is contrary to the Christian or islamic faith.
Now, your local masquerade in Nigeria is seen as evil, but father Christmas be like angel for your eyes.
Anyway, except being run by miscreants, masquerades aren't meant to disturb people doing their business whether they are initiates or not. Some times, all it takes is for you to keep 10 to 50 naira denominations of money, any one that comes your way is given one note, and they leave...... Except them carry you for mind on the onset.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me Please!!! by visijo(m): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2016
ouigy99:

OP, during Christmas season now, you will be jostling to snap with Santa Claus A.K.A father Christmas, not knowing it's also a masquerade..... Oyibo masquerade, which also has a historical background that is contrary to the Christian or islamic faith.
Now, your local masquerade in Nigeria is seen as evil, but father Christmas be like angel for your eyes.
Anyway, except being run by miscreants, masquerades aren't meant to disturb people doing their business whether they are initiates or not. Some times, all it takes is for you to keep 10 to 50 naira denominations of money, any one that comes your way is given one note, and they leave...... Except them carry you for mind on the onset.
... Bros thanks for your advice, but for here the story changes, they don't collect any money is either they drag you to their forest to perform the necessary ritual by force or they beat you up.. Just rascals in the guise of masquerades. And father christmas is far better than this one.. Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

About Religious Intolerance In Nigeria / VIDEO: Pastor Flogs Teenage Couple In Church For Having Pre-marital Sex. / Can a Catholics make his/her Confesion On Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.