Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall (25929 Views)

Overcrowded Port Harcourt Mall On Christmas Day (Photos) / Onitsha Shopping Mall Commissioned By Obiano - Photos / SPAR Shopping Extravaganza Abuja: Fashanu, Others Excite Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ok..
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Abagworo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Calabar mall looks empty. The reason is because there is no road to Calabar making it inaccessible to visitors.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by 4stylz: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bolustic:
Multinationals are taking over our economy and we are happy. Shoprite, SPAR are foreign companies who will repatriate their profits to their home states.

The government need to put restrictions on what MNCs can do in Nigeria, that's what we call ECONOMIC NATIONALISM. We need to look inwards.

I'm sure Just Rite and other Nigerian stores wouldn't have gotten publicities like this.

Is anyone stopping Nigerians from building malls ? Weda foreign or not , its a good thing
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by priscaoge(f): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Finally, I don't have to stroll all d way from Barracks road to Marina wink wink wink
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Queenybliss(f): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
madenigga:

money no dae at all o, check if u wud see anybody with shopping tram der or bag, they just came to snap pics nd go.
population wise amongst all d states that got malls this 2016 calabar performed d poorest that says alot.
. wat is this one talking about sef do u know the kind of crowd that was in that place that day ,people are complaining of money but u needed to see the way people were buying things
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by madenigga(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
Queenybliss:
. wat is this one talking about sef do u know the kind of crowd that was in that place that day ,people are complaining of money but u needed to see the way people were buying things
then are this pics from mars?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Queenybliss(f): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
pics

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Queenybliss(f): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2016
madenigga:

then are this pics from mars?
before I could successfully pay 4 d items I bought,I stood on the queue for close to 3hrs
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by madenigga(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
Queenybliss:
before I could successfully pay 4 d items I bought,I stood on the queue for close to 3hrs
I hope u saw pics when other malls were being opened this 2016, the owerri mall and onitsha mall to be precise and u saw d crowd.
what am saying is population wise calabar performed poorly compared to odas dat opened this 2016 that doesn't mean d people dont hv money.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by IkpuMmadu: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
PROVERBZ:
I thought the article stated that it was owned by a Nigerian organisation

or is it other wise??

Is spar and shoprite a Nigerian firm
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Belmot(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Queenybliss:
So what did you buy for us?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Belmot(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Is spar and shoprite a Nigerian firm
Most of those malls you see are not owned by shoprite and spar, they are anchor tenants.... Regarding your other points? they are spot on.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by larabae13(f): 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
Nice
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by moriton(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bolustic:
Multinationals are taking over our economy and we are happy. Shoprite, SPAR are foreign companies who will repatriate their profits to their home states.

The government need to put restrictions on what MNCs can do in Nigeria, that's what we call ECONOMIC NATIONALISM. We need to look inwards.

I'm sure Just Rite and other Nigerian stores wouldn't have gotten publicities like this.

Will not be surprised if you read political science or any thing similar. These MNCs have been sucking us dry since... worst still we celebrate it like good. This is purely development without growth
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by ganaziah(f): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
There's something I still don't understand, the masses are complaining of hardship, executives and legislatives are screaming cash crunch and all I'm seeing and hearing people jubilate about is establishment of malls that are not indigenous. And the funniest thing is, people are still patronising and buying goods despite hardship.

What's really happening?
Are we deceiving ourselves or Who's deceiving us?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by mmsen: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bolustic:

Rather than completely limit foreign companies shouldn't Nigerians put pressure on the Nigerian banking system and the government to lend money to businesses at sustainable rates - not the 25% rate that Nigerian businesses are forced to endure?

If Nigerians have access to capital they will be able to create retail outlets as good (if not better) than Spar, Shoprite, Game etc.
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2016
priscaoge:
Finally, I don't have to stroll all d way from Barracks road to Marina wink wink wink

Good to know

So you base in Calabar?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by mcyemite(m): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Am very sure they av an aisle filled with different kinda dog delicacies.;-)
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
moriton:

Will not be surprised if you read political science or any thing similar. These MNCs have been sucking us dry since... worst still we celebrate it like good. This is purely development without growth

Read Political Science and International Relations.

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by DeGenius3(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
This is really awesome...

Welcome to Calabar
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by permanentgrace(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
madenigga:

money no dae at all o, check if u wud see anybody with shopping tram der or bag, they just came to snap pics nd go.
population wise amongst all d states that got malls this 2016 calabar performed d poorest that says alot.

Boss, i dey PH city now. Any show?
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by dantori(m): 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
BrainnewsNg:
Source: http://brainnewsng.com/see-photos-from-the-unveiling-of-calabar-mall/

weldone president Buhari if na bad news una go Don call the old man name even if una grandma no fit shit for village na Buhari
Re: Photos From The Unveiling Of Spar Calabar Mall by priscaoge(f): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Good to know

So you base in Calabar?

Yeah I do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Loses N2 As Buhari Rejects Devaluation / Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.