Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. (6264 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Igbo Marginalization Will End When They Join Us – APC, chief ken-Nnamani / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
FlyoruB:
Smh. To think that these fellows are actually bragging and gloating over what they term 'group economics'. If other ethnicities were to also aggressively and collectively adopt such protectionist practices, needless to say that the Igbos won't even have any other market outside their region as they would simply not be welcomed. I don't blame them though. Na my Yoruba folks I blame for stvpidly embracing them without reservation, only to be called fools in return, and openly lectured about how smarter they are for practicing 'group economics'. Shio.
As much as I try to mentally reconcile with ibos and their marginalisation theory, I alws find their myopic perception of life fooolishly unbelievable.

3 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by rlauncher(m): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
NaijirianKing:
This may be a hard concept for non-Igbo to grasp, but Igbo people practice something called group economics, and this is culturally engrained. Meaning that once one Igbo man gets money, he tried to circulate that money as many times within his own community as many times as possible.

This is how Igbo have been so successful in commercial endeavors. A typical Igbo man knows the power of money and wealth, as such some of his actions may seem alien, but there is much to learn from studying the Igbo.

Igbo marginalization is more so structural, the Igbo get no leg-up from the government, and they have to make their own way. This is demonstrated in the fact that many Igbo millionaires are not affiliated with government.

In regards to Nigeria’s present structure, one would be unwise to categorize what we have as a true “democracy” – true democratic principles are still just taking root. People saying that Igbo will not produce another president are only fooling themselves. If anything, the South East will take the VP position next election if Buhari chooses not to run again.

This is ETHNIC ECONOMIC BIGOTRY and not group economics like you called it. It well known nationwide that Igbo people don't like to patronize people of other ethnic groups except their own. They expect people of other ethnic groups to treat them well while they do the opposite while at the same time shouting marginalisation. What an IRONY.

3 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Dainfamous: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
little wonder no ibo man features in the list of ten wealthiest Nigerians. Dangote is worlds wealthiest blackman, thanks to thinking beyond ones ethnic group. Innoson motor remains where it is, thanks to group economics.

https://www.nairaland.com/2912933/ghana-buys-innoson-cars-presidential#42622129
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Dainfamous: 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
little wonder no ibo man features in the list of ten wealthiest Nigerians. Dangote is worlds wealthiest blackman, thanks to thinking beyond ones ethnic group. Innoson motor remains where it is, thanks to group economics.
you like to sound intelligent but being who you are common research will always be your problem,need to be cured from igbophobia people like you does not have a clue how versatile igbos are

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by Dainfamous: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
If your region hate Igbo products the rest of the world love their products.So your people will always be in the minority I guess cheesy

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by 7lives: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
KevinDein:
grin
And WTF is an Igbo man still doing in ekiti if he so desperately wants to leave Nigeria. You want to have your country yet you migrate to other people's land on a fuuuckking daily basis. No one takes you confused lot serious buddy grin grin

If i begin to mention some of the remotest areas of the north west, were i have met these people while on duty as a traveling sales officer, you will know that those wailing about marginalization are actually LEECHES feeding fat on people's ignorance.
Most time when we jam like that me and my crew will be like " WHAT IS HE DOING HERE ", as usual, they operate chemist and provision shops, these are the ones who cannot survive competition in the cities in the north, only God knows whats pursuing them to those dangerous places.
But they will say Yoruba's are holding them down and not allowing them to go as if Yoruba's are the ones responsible for Igbo's aimless migration to these remote areas.
They can't stay in their homeland period, GIVE THESE PEOPLE BIAFRA A THOUSAND TIMES, THEY WILL NOT STAY THERE, THEY ARE BORN TO ROAM STICKING THEIR NOSE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOME, AND ACCUSING THEM OF NOT BEING ACCOMMODATING.

3 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by rlauncher(m): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

It's not sidelining ..it's an economic preference....I hope that okada man has given you a crash course on
Group economics 101

That's why we Igbo go village at the end if the year ..to repatriate the money we made abroad and also make some new contacts or network ...yorubas don't do that

Yoruba have a lot to learn from us . It's not all about bragging sophisticated everyday

You Igbo people are doing Evil called group economy and calling it good. Now if your host should decide to take action against you, you will call it marginalisation . Little wonder northerners are always killing you people at the slightest provocation.

2 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Dainfamous:
you like to sound intelligent but being who you are common research will always be your problem,need to be cured from igbophobia people like you does not have a clue how versatile igbos are

I ve no igbophobia. U ibos re the ones drinking unexisting phobias upon phobias into ur systems with ur short sighted thinking that the best way to be rich is by sticking to the retrogressive and archaic policy of ur so called 'group economy'.

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by 33xtr33r: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
7lives:
If i begin to mention some of the remotest areas of the north west, were i have met these people while on duty as a traveling sales officer, you will know that those wailing about marginalization are actually LEECHES feeding fat on people's ignorance.
Most time when we jam like that me and my crew will be like " WHAT IS HE DOING HERE ", as usual, they operate chemist and provision shops, these are the ones who cannot survive competition in the cities in the north, only God knows whats pursuing them to those dangerous places.
But they will say Yoruba's are holding them down and not allowing them to go as if Yoruba's are the ones responsible for Igbo's aimless migration to these remote areas.
They can't stay in their homeland period, GIVE THESE PEOPLE BIAFRA A THOUSAND TIMES, THEY WILL NOT STAY THERE, THEY ARE BORN TO ROAM STICKING THEIR NOSE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOME, AND ACCUSING THEM OF NOT BEING ACCOMMODATING.

Lies of hypocrisy to divert attention from the very obvious...

Just at the mere mentioning of Biaf... or NK many Yorubas would whine, weep, wail and gnash their teeth with thick mucous dripping down their smelly noses as if their whole essence in life is being taken away from them.

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by 33xtr33r: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
rlauncher:
You Igbo people are doing Evil called group economy and calling it good. Now if your host should decide to take action against you, you will call it marginalisation . Little wonder northerners are always killing you people at the slightest provocation.

Look at an evil, backst*bbing set of creatures who rarely appreciate the good in other people, grandstanding carelessly on NL...

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."
- Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:

See Yorubas denouncing 'One Nigeria' and calling for Odua Republic after the slaughter by your Hausa-Fulani masters in Lagos, Orile Mile 12 Saga: Massive destruction and carnage by Hausas…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrypjjD-ixA

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by aybabz101: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
33xtr33r:

Lies of hypocrisy to divert attention from the very obvious...

Just at the mere mentioning of Biaf... or NK many Yorubas would whine, weep, wail and gnash their teeth with thick mucous dripping down their smelly noses as if their whole essence in life is being taken away from them.

hw many times u don see any sign post saying anambra jobs na for igbos nt yorubas?
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by dexentity: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
I wonder what happens if everybody starts practising group economy. I'm waiting to see where sophistication will lead Yorubas to.

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
There may be a misunderstanding of what I said.

rlauncher:

This is ETHNIC ECONOMIC BIGOTRY and not group economics like you called it. It well known nationwide that Igbo people don't like to patronize people of other ethnic groups except their own. They expect people of other ethnic groups to treat them well while they do the opposite while at the same time shouting marginalisation. What an IRONY.

2 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
if everyone began practicing group economics it would actually spur growth in Nigeria.

dexentity:
I wonder what happens if everybody starts practising group economy. I'm waiting to see where sophistication will lead Yorubas to.

2 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by NaijirianKing: 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sure?

1 Like

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 7:46am On Jul 13, 2016
rlauncher:

The only action you (g)host will take on us is to have your own economic model which I doubt if you have that mental capacity and discipline to do .

Maybe if you want to take the violent route which I frown at ..we burn everything down

2 Likes

Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 7:48am On Jul 13, 2016
NaijirianKing:
Taking of human life because a group chooses to support their brother’s business is never justified. Rather than being mad at the Igbo, it would help you to try to understand why and how he does it.

Every successful nation practices group economics. Imagine if Nigeria did it as a whole. Take for example crude oil, we take our crude oil, sell it to Germany, they in turn refine it and sell it back to us. Imagine if we kept it in-house and had a Nigerian company refine it. Not only would that create jobs for you and I, it would save the country money, and then would could sell the product overseas at twice the amount we currently do.

Furthermore, imagine if we owned our own shipping lines, we could hire a Nigerian firm to take it all around the world, thus adding more jobs to the economy. Igbo people are natural economists, and if the country as a whole ran their economy the way Igbo people run their businesses, unemployment in this country would be halved by tomorrow. Instead of hating your brothers from across the Niger, step back and try to understand why they do what they do.

Why lecture him on group economics and trade protectionism
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2016
NaijirianKing:
If we all practiced group economics then that would be good as we would be buying and selling Nigerian made goods and labor. This would actually be a great thing, group economics simply means, look inside first. If you can't find it inside, then look outside. Igbo businessmen understand this well, thus they bring in something from outside Nigeria that only they possess. Thus, even if you want to buy from your brother, you can't because they are the only ones with the desired item.

if everyone began practicing group economics it would actually spur growth in Nigeria.

No mind them ...the average Yoruba dude doesn't understand the concept of competition

You have tomatoes sellers association
Gbegiri sellers association
Maggi sellers association etc in Lagos

Many funny associations all to fix prices

In park they will allow buses to load turn by turn having a fixed fare ...while in East buses loaf simultaneously having different fares for different grades of buses . Cleaner buses attract higher fares and older buses attract lower fare

That's is perfect competition ...in the east you allow demand and supply to determine the price ...or equilibrium price

But in Yoruba land they keep fixing ..that's why we are all in this mess. If oil importers have their different price regime competition will bring down the price but we keep having association of corrupt dullards called PENGASON and oil marketers

This is why I keep having problem with Nigeria ...the beat thing is let igbo run their country

We have a lot of stupidity here in Nigeria
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2016
7lives:

No venture no success

You must have adventure in life
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
FlyoruB:
Smh. To think that these fellows are actually bragging and gloating over what they term 'group economics'. If other ethnicities were to also aggressively and collectively adopt such protectionist practices, needless to say that the Igbos won't even have any other market outside their region as they would simply not be welcomed. I don't blame them though. Na my Yoruba folks I blame for stvpidly embracing them without reservation, only to be called fools in return, and openly lectured about how smarter they are for practicing 'group economics'. Shio.

Don't blame Yoruba

Blame the stupid awolowo and your dead adekunle

They should have know better 1967 to 1970
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by IkpuMmadu: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2016
ba7man:
Visit the Fanyogo thread on Ibadan and weep.

Can I have the link pls

Just for reference purposes

Biko
Re: Irony Of The Igbo Marginalization Theory. by ba7man(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Can I have the link pls

Just for reference purposes

Biko
I'm unable to on my phone, don't know why.

I've brought it back to the first page so you can save it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sit At Home ESN Scatter This Man's Head In Anambra Inside Car - PHOTOS / Dangote Going Broke? / 'you Cannot Run In 2011' Obasanjo Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.