Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common (11559 Views)

President Buhari's Remark At The Meeting With The Executives Of APC And PDP / Photos Of Buhari With APC And PDP Governors And Aisha Buhari In London / PDP Supporters In Edo Sit On Floor & Block Roads As They Protest Over Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lol... They have started already. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
berrystunn:
APGA will fix Nigeria
You are very correct!, grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by sugarwiz(f): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
dearpreye:

My boss, not all of us support and defend corruption and corrupt leaders. It's so sad the only alternative to the stupid PDP is an another equally stupid APC.
We av odds alternative..but we decided to choose APC. Na only PDP nd APC dey Nigeria? No.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by sugarwiz(f): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
dearpreye:

My boss, not all of us support and defend corruption and corrupt leaders. It's so sad the only alternative to the stupid PDP is an another equally stupid APC.
We av oda alternative..but we decided to choose APC. Na only PDP nd APC dey Nigeria? No.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by fabre4: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
My opinion although not popular is that all political positions must be occupied by politicians holding not less than a masters degree position

Also there should be only two parties in the country the rest should fold up or merge within themselves since they are never going to be the popular choice and presidency should be by zoning and in case of death a politician from the dead presidents zone should be elected within 6 months

Finally 6 year single term should be adopted

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by ken4jj(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
@ OP,i would have given you a bottle of wine now if you are close to me.
You are 100% right especially no 2. "They all support corruption". and i laugh when they condemn corrupt people.

@ OP, can we create a kind of group of independent minded people. I mean people who are not supporters of APC and PDP or any stupid politician so that we can debate issues without sentiments, tribalism, partizan support etc. it would be nice debating issues with independent minded people not with these zombie and wailer jobbers here. I don't know if it is possible but i would have loved something like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Candybob(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nice outlook on the subject..

There is however nothing wrong with been a tribalist though, after all if you dont feel for yourself how will you understand the feelings of others?

If you cant understand and defend your interest, how will u understand and defend that of others?

Tribalism makes us aware of our own and by extension what should belong to others.
Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by 2sexynet: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
OP, the number of comments on your thread just goes to show how low we have sunk. If it were a thread attacking either PDP or APC, you will pages running into 10 within a few hours.

Nigerians are their problem.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Omotonsho(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Vanquay16:

I don't live in Nigeria but I would rather Support Buhari over GEJ..It took 16years and you expect 4 years to fix it?

By the third year that's when you can decide if Buhari is really a retard_, so far he's trying hard to portray himself as one.

Intact Fvck all of them as long as we are buying oil from you I don't give a fvck angry
what's this wan saying? GEJ rule for16 yrs? We should access Bubu performance after 3 years when in his first and second year, he has shown us that he is a president of the north?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by agitator: 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
fabre4:
My opinion although not popular is that all political positions must be occupied by politicians holding not less than a masters degree position

Also there should be only two parties in the country the rest should fold up or merge within themselves since they are never going to be the popular choice and presidency should be by zoning and in case of death a politician from the dead presidents zone should be elected within 6 months

Finally 6 year single term should be adopted

Most of the government parastatals and corporations that have been run aground where done so by Master and PhD holders.

Good leadership is not by degrees. wink wink wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Bhol28: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is nothing but the fact about nairaland politicians.Somebody like me i always think well before responding to topics here.I wander why our people are just so full of tribal sentiments,some people may be they cant really read and understand the message being passed by the writer they always jump at the names which is the only word they can understand and start raining abuses.Social media if properly used can bring solutions to some of the problems this country is facing but people who might have good ideas which even our leaders may be lacking might not see it neccesary to contribute because he/she might get seriously abused by nairalaners in the house who will start refering to him as "Bubu","Clueless"
etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by forray(m): 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Feraz:
No matter how their games are stepped up, they cannot move forward if Nigerians do not support them. Nigerians do not listen to fact during campaign but emotional speeches like "I had no shoes" and "I will fight corruption like I did during the 80s". There were candidates who sounded intellectual pre-elections but Nigerians went for popular candidates. Then add the bigotry innate in Nigerians, you know why we are here; it is part of us. As for putting much into campaigns, note that most did not have enough money. Even Nigerian youths that were supposed to help make them popular through social media did not but rather killed themselves for PDP and APC and they still do like one once said here on this platform concerning Remi Sonaiya "We do not need people from other platforms. She should join APC before she can then be considered after PMB has 'ruled' for eight years".

The last bolded, that ain't going anytime soon. As long as the Igbo man sees the Yoruba man as an enemy, the Yoruba man sees the Igbo man as a hate mongerer and the Hausa man sees Nigeria as a birthright, the politics of hate, bigotry and myopic interest will continue.

Thank you my brother, God go bless u. U took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Firefire(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
Perfect!

Where are the Zombies and wailers? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by kings09(m): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
@least we now knw y it's easy for u to type certain comments. Pls com n stay in 9ja for 2months n knw hw far
Vanquay16:

I don't live in Nigeria but I would rather Support Buhari over GEJ..It took 16years and you expect 4 years to fix it?

By the third year that's when you can decide if Buhari is really a retard_, so far he's trying hard to portray himself as one.

Intact Fvck all of them as long as we are buying oil from you I don't give a fvck angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Fantastic2m(m): 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
sigh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by CyerSeries: 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

I am not APC par say I only note the world of difference bewteen the 2, I have always supported the position of Justice which transcends party.
shatap there.. Are you not ashamed of yourself? I will litter this thread with your past posts to show people that you're a lying sycophant..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Abeos(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Both na all the same undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by vedaxcool(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
[s]
CyerSeries:
shatap there.. Are you not ashamed of yourself? I will litter this thread with your past posts to show people that you're a lying sycophant..
[/s]

Take you need this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by CyerSeries: 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Take you need this
People like you are what the OP is talking about.. Now get the Fvck outer here with your stinking hypocrisy..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Mandynews(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
The most foolish people on earth since 1871 are those fightin for politicians(Y) e.g YOU & your family...can't you advise your parents to stay off politics? #GetSence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
One of the most brilliant threads I've ever seen on nairaland.
OP
*chop knuckle*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by vedaxcool(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
[s]
CyerSeries:
People like you are what the OP is talking about.. Now get the Fvck outer here with your stinking hypocrisy..
[/s]

Awwh ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
"APC supporters feel everyone in PDP are all corrupt. That is until they join APC. Funny enough, most APC politicians looted, served under PDP during the 16 years of one of the world's greatest looting in the history of democracy. To APC members, whoever decamps become an automatic saint and does not deserve to be probed.

The social media has been a blessing to Nigerian politicians. They now have access to uneducated youths incapable of rational thinking who support them for NO REASON! They loot funds, ignore projects, promise and cancel promises and STILL HAVE youths(who are victims of their nonchalance) who support and will die for them. Beautiful grin

Keep it up"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by loomer: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
See as everyone dey say the OP dey correct and the post na true, if another person open thread in 5 minutes time to insult buhari or Jonathan, na still these mumu dem go carry the matter for head.

What's the use reading all y these threads if una no dey ever learn from them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by fabre4: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
agitator:

Most of the government parastatals and corporations that have been run aground where done so by Master and PhD holders.

Good leadership is not by degrees. wink wink wink

yes u re right but we may not be able to live with the consequence of an illiterate as a President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by egobetatoday: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
Not every wailer is a PDP supporter. I'm a wailer and I'm loving it! As long as a bag of rice is 17k, and pure water 10naira , I will continue to be a wailer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Frankiss44(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
See as the thread dry.. Both guilty parties nor green comment.. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by hahn(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Feraz:
No matter how their games are stepped up, they cannot move forward if Nigerians do not support them. Nigerians do not listen to fact during campaign but emotional speeches like "I had no shoes" and "I will fight corruption like I did during the 80s". There were candidates who sounded intellectual pre-elections but Nigerians went for popular candidates. Then add the bigotry innate in Nigerians, you know why we are here; it is part of us. As for putting much into campaigns, note that most did not have enough money. Even Nigerian youths that were supposed to help make them popular through social media did not but rather killed themselves for PDP and APC and they still do like one once said here on this platform concerning Remi Sonaiya "We do not need people from other platforms. She should join APC before she can then be considered after PMB has 'ruled' for eight years".

The last bolded, that ain't going anytime soon. As long as the Igbo man sees the Yoruba man as an enemy, the Yoruba man sees the Igbo man as a hate mongerer and the Hausa man sees Nigeria as a birthright, the politics of hate, bigotry and myopic interest will continue.

I concur. Sadly undecided
Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by kuuljay(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
OP my own humble belief is that the present govt led by Buhari is setting up a very good and beneficial precedence by probing his predecessors and I wished he probed all of them and bring them to book.it will be a blessing if PDP or any other party comes back after his tenure and begins to grab him by the balls to give account in that way we will get politicians know that you can pay for your sins,i dont believe in everybody is a thief so statusquo should continue,Nigeria shall be great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by hahn(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2016
Candybob:
Nice outlook on the subject..

There is however nothing wrong with been a tribalist though, after all if you dont feel for yourself how will you understand the feelings of others?

If you cant understand and defend your interest, how will u understand and defend that of others?

Tribalism makes us aware of our own and by extension what should belong to others.

The so called African "tribes" and the current divisions we have are as a result of the manipulations of our colonial masters. The put us together then created imaginary borders to divide us. Unfortunately. most Nigerians are not taught such facts in school. The "Yorubas" alone occupy an area bigger than some European countries. Why aren't those countries referred to as tribes?

Denmark for instance have a population of 5,707,251

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark

The Yoruba constitute over 40 million people in total; the majority of this population is from Nigeria and make up 21% of its population, according to the CIA World Factbook, making them one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_people

Why can't Denmark be referred to as a tribe? undecided

1 Like

Re: Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common by Candybob(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2016
hahn:

The so called African "tribes" and the current divisions we have are as a result of the manipulations of our colonial masters. The put us together then created imaginary borders to divide us.

The borders are not imaginary, they are as real as the language we speak, the food we eat, the way we talk, the clothes we wear. You mentioned on Denmark, do you known that Lithuania has a population of 2.9m, while Switzerland is about the same size as Edo state?

They embraced their differences and it has helped them, but here we like to deceive ourselves that we operate on higher values, hence we kick against nationalism and term it tribalism.

Unfortunately most lofty ideologies look good on paper but end up problematic in reality. Many people don't even know what tribalism means, they have been taught to despise the word.

Now let me put things in the right perspective for you. First there is 'you', you come first, after you comes your family, after your family comes your immediate community (town or village), usually the inhabitants of your immediate community are your fellow tribes men. Where your tribe enjoyed a dominant historical growth, you can have a whole state or country been one tribe.

The difference between Portugal and Spain tribal, so also is the difference between Gerrmany and Russia, Poland, Ukraine and the list goes on..

So why do you deny yourselves the chance of uplifting your people, using your own resources?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. / The Evil Called Radio Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu / CNN’s Amampour: Rotimi Amaechi Looted $757M (N70B) in US Foreign Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.