Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. (5118 Views)

How To Bypass Password On Laptop / Tools To Bypass Firewalls / How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
please can any body help me out to bypass this password on our office computer.
one of my coleagues went to buy new system Desktop computer Accer Black in colour with windows vista.

as we try to boot it up reaching windows welcome screen it request for user password, and none of us know the password, i try booting it with safe mode, it prompt me the same place, i open it and clear the cemos, all at no avail, i replace the cemos battry with another one it still request for password. i finally decided to format it, after copying files, reaching to format the drive it will show me an errror message that no driver is detected that i should make sure thta the floppy or drive i am using is inserted, i decided to change the o.s disk, i used several windows vista to format it no way out, i decided to downglade to xp, after compying files, to enter to format enviroment it will shut down immediatly showing a blue screen bla bla bla dumping memory, if i am installing a new hard way i should make sure it is connected properly.

please i will really appreciate any person that will help us out. please my Enginers help me out.

thanks all

Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
please my people help me out, is causing problem to the office.
am still waiting for help.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by Abatakan: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2009
Have you tried changing the password @ Bios? Also it might sounds silly but try resetting the MOBO (motherboard) by clearing CMOS again, l know you said you did, check the MOBO and you Will see the CLR CMOS and the there is a little clip take it out,please remember to have the pc off,if the clip is missing get a screwdriver and touch bot sets other clip, this will clear the CMOS to factory default.l presume you know Ur stuff as per PC,so once CMOS cleared go back to BIOS and change booting to CD and then installed again, any issue let me know.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2009
my brother
thanks very much for your concern, well i have done as you said several times all at no avail.

my most problem now is that when i try to format it, it will not detect the hard drive, it will rather detect the usb card slots, showing me that no disk for each port.

i dont know what to do again, and this computer we spent close to 130k to purchase it.

thanks a lot
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by Abatakan: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2009
Okay, back to the basics, the hard drive not detected could mean`t the cable, l`ve got loads here but sending one will take time, swap the cable.Now do it in the order below.Trust me it makes the difference.
Pwr. off the pc, (when you pwr. off remove the lead attached to the pc, believe it or not it does makes a difference) take the cable that is connected to the hard drive from it and completely remove it from the MOBO as well. now reset CMOS again.Insert the cable to the MOBO first and then to the hard drive, pwr. back on and goto BIOS make the 1st boot, 2nd boot, 3rd boot optical (cd ) F10 and exit and try again.
Lastly can you give the name of the MOBO and l can check if it`s a known issue. For no reason some MOBO can just fails.Came home one day and pc did not work and my partner kept watching me to see if l can fix it (she said`So if you can`t fix our pc, how in the world do you justify your job in IT) needless to say`it proves a challenge and got it back working, now she sees me in different light.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by LUDALOOLO(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2009
Well contact me on 08065087378 or 07025143249, i will come down 2 ur office 2 fix it 4 u
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2009
Abatakan:

Okay, back to the basics, the hard drive not detected could mean`t the cable, l`ve got loads here but sending one will take time, swap the cable.Now do it in the order below.Trust me it makes the difference.
Pwr. off the pc, (when you pwr. off remove the lead attached to the pc, believe it or not it does makes a difference) take the cable that is connected to the hard drive from it and completely remove it from the MOBO as well. now reset CMOS again.Insert the cable to the MOBO first and then to the hard drive, pwr. back on and goto BIOS make the 1st boot, 2nd boot, 3rd boot optical (cd ) F10 and exit and try again.
Lastly can you give the name of the MOBO and l can check if it`s a known issue. For no reason some MOBO can just fails.Came home one day and pc did not work and my partner kept watching me to see if l can fix it (she said`So if you can`t fix our pc, how in the world do you justify your job in IT) needless to say`it proves a challenge and got it back working, now she sees me in different light.

my man thanks

is detecting the hard drive in the bios setup, but during the format, after copying files it shows the error message that disk is unknow.

i just dont know what to do. i have never have such experince before, i have done all i can do even my colleaques.

well thanks man for your concern

LUDALOOLO:

Well contact me on 08065087378 or 07025143249, i will come down 2 your office 2 fix it 4 u

guy i am not in lagos i am bonny island nlng camp, so thtere is no way i can invite u, even if i do then cant allow you to enter.

well thanks for your concern as well
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by mikesleek(m): 11:16am On Sep 13, 2009
First of all, if it was the operating system that was requesting user password, there was no need for tampering with the bios. Secondly, the system may not see the hdd during setup because you have not configed the bios rightly. The process is quite long and it needs to be interactive, so just load your phone and give me a call. I'll guide you thru it. 08024981478.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by PaypalGod(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2009
Get a SATA XP.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by femzy(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2009
PaypalGod:

Get a SATA XP.

Thats the remedy, I could as well get you links or you could download utilities off acer's support page and prepare a slipstream copy of an xp cd.

If you need any further aid, Call me on 08023066648

Goodluck
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
mikesleek:

First of all, if it was the operating system that was requesting user password, there was no need for tampering with the bios. Secondly, the system may not see the hdd during setup because you have not configed the bios rightly. The process is quite long and it needs to be interactive, so just load your phone and give me a call. I'll guide you thru it. 08024981478.

my man thanks

every thing is configured very well, if i want to format it with vista the hard drive will not be detected, but if is
xp after copying setup files, before pressing f8 keys it will shut down automatically.

PaypalGod:

Get a SATA XP.

sorry what do you mean by sata xp

PaypalGod:

Get a SATA XP.

please give me the link i will so much appreciate.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by zenus(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
hit F8
when promt to log in
try logging in as administrator
without password
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by miksonics(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
1 take your memory out and reseat them, 2:on bios make sure hdd detect is on auto detect, 3rd on your bios settings go to hdd setting u will see hard disk mode change to standard not native or sata mode or if confuse try all mode one by one this should solve your problem.

on first screen on xp enter repai, on command prompt type (fixmbr) answer yes . then type (fixboot) type yes,exit and restart then load normally or exit and put in your vista cd and load normally.

NOTE: the hdd mode its in is your problem and if i may ask what is type of hdd is in the system?
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by PaypalGod(m): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2009
How fast is your internet?
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by mikesleek(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2009
bro, if your bios is seeing the hdd and the OS is not, then it means the bios is configured to allow only sata installations which require you to own a SATA driver for your system. But you can always disable this feature from bios by changing the bios setting to native mode (i don't know what acer calls theirs). after saving and restarting, your installation should go through. From your explanation, that is where i see the challenge lies.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2009
mikesleek:

bro, if your bios is seeing the hdd and the OS is not, then it means the bios is configured to allow only sata installations which require you to own a SATA driver for your system. But you can always disable this feature from bios by changing the bios setting to native mode (i don't know what acer calls theirs). after saving and restarting, your installation should go through. From your explanation, that is where i see the challenge lies.

bro thanks very much. i believe that must be the problem
please there is another problem i having, another of our desktop computer is having problem of formating, when ever i try to format it, it will copy all setup files, when ever it starts to copy windows file geting to 50-55% it will off, some times it will not even pass 2%, i have try changing the hard drive, but it continues so i dont really know what is wrong with that one, the name of the system is mecury pv9000. please if you have any idea about this help me.

thanks
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by twinskenny(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2009
did u fixed the first problem? if yes then post the solution here it might be of help to other having the same problem
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by Pires07(m): 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
huh! can't stop laughing at some weird solutions.
@mikesleek, u had the solution to the 1st problem, did he cal u?
Well if it's ur Vista Operating system that was passworded, there's no need going to Bios settings to reset the mother board. For Vista there's no two ways about it, just get a Vista Home Basic or Vista Ulmate CD, insert it in your drive, boot the system, press F11 after the Bios screen had shown up, it will prompt you to re-install the os or restore it to factory settings. Since it's a new system, i guess u dnt have files on it to loose just re-install the operating system. NB. if ur installing Vista Ultimate make sure u get the Vista Activator Crack from the market, cos it's 30days trail.

2nd Problem: When copying windows (i guess xp), the system restarts right?
Get a good Ram, make sure the Ram(Memory) are compatible with ur board, check ur Motherboard manual to see if ur system uses PC133 or PC100 Ram. Very Important.
If symptoms persist, check ur processor fan, at times if ur processor fan is bad, ur system trips off within seconds.
tkc Pires.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
twinskenny:

did u fixed the first problem? if yes then post the solution here it might be of help to other having the same problem

well no my brother, the company decided to take it back to where they bought it, so they did not allow me to try this solution below given by mikleek, i beleive that would have solve the problem.

well thanks man.

Pires07:

huh! can't stop laughing at some weird solutions.
@mikesleek, u had the solution to the 1st problem, did he cal u?
Well if it's your Vista Operating system that was passworded, there's no need going to Bios settings to reset the mother board. For Vista there's no two ways about it, just get a Vista Home Basic or Vista Ulmate CD, insert it in your drive, boot the system, press F11 after the Bios screen had shown up, it will prompt you to re-install the os or restore it to factory settings. Since it's a new system, i guess u dnt have files on it to loose just re-install the operating system. NB. if your installing Vista Ultimate make sure u get the Vista Activator Crack from the market, cos it's 30days trail.

2nd Problem: When copying windows (i guess xp), the system restarts right?
Get a good Ram, make sure the Ram(Memory) are compatible with your board, check your Motherboard manual to see if your system uses PC133 or PC100 Ram. Very Important.
If symptoms persist, check your processor fan, at times if your processor fan is bad, your system trips off within seconds.
tkc Pires.

yee my man thanks very much, well the system is vista os but i have forgoten the version, the problem is that it does not allow me to format the pc. it detects the hard drive in the bios enviroment, but during formating it will not detect the hard drive, it will show me disk unknown, or no disk that was my major chanllange.

the second problem starts the same day after which they have taken the other system back to the seller.
as i said earier, the second system is mecury pv900m, i am using ddr2 512mb but i have not try changing the memory, i am even thinking may be is power pack, i even pull out the board and check on the processor to see if is not install well but every thing is ok.
the board is a new board. finally i decided to take the hard drive out and use another system to format it, after formating it, i installed it back to the system and it boots up, but if i want to install any program it will shut down, finally i decided to take away the hard drive again to another system to enable me install the prgrams after which i put it back to system but the problem persist, so i am wondering if the problem is because the board is not formated, please i will like you to give me help on that.

thanks
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by Pires07(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2009
oops u were using XP to format the system that was why it couldn't recognize the HDD. THere's what we call Sata Hard disk, xp does not have the drivers that can detect such HDD, but u can turn off the eSata stuff from bios, and also i do have a special xp cd that detects sata drives during setup, well u dnt need this anymore, since u've returned the system.

for the second problem, change the memory, try another DDr2 ram. If the problem continues, then ur system board is faulty.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by mikesleek(m): 7:36am On Sep 17, 2009
Rightly said by pires. It's either a processor fan problem or a memory problem.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2009
Pires07:

oops u were using XP to format the system that was why it couldn't recognize the HDD. THere's what we call Sata Hard disk, xp does not have the drivers that can detect such HDD, but u can turn off the eSata stuff from bios, and also i do have a special xp cd that detects sata drives during setup, well u dnt need this anymore, since u've returned the system.

for the second problem, change the memory, try another DDr2 ram. If the problem continues, then your system board is faulty.

thanks man

i as well use vista to format it, the same problem appear. well my colleague to me that the company reject to take the system back because we have worked on it, so they have to bring it back by on friday.

the second problem, the board is new board so i dont think that may be faulty, i am suspecting the power pack because the system came with 26pin why the power pack am using is 24pin, but i manage to two external pin to complete it 26pins.well i will give the ram a try today and i will give you guys feed back.

but please how can i know the different between ddr2 and ddr2 so that i will know the one to use.

mikesleek:

Rightly said by pires. It's either a processor fan problem or a memory problem.

most thanks to you for all your concern
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by mikesleek(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
You are welcome bro. I bet you wanted to say ddr 1 and ddr 2. The simplest way, it is written on it, on the white label/sticker. You can remove 1 memory each for troubleshooting if the system uses 2.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by koseepaaro(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2009
as per your second problem (problem of Mercury System), if it happen that you system reboot contineously during windows installation, your RAM might be the cause. But if it is that your system turn off automatically dring windows installation, then, it is likely that the cooling fan on your processor (CPU) is not working or not cooling the processor very well.

Good luck.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by deji2009(m): 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2009
as per your second problem (problem of Mercury System), if it happen that you system reboot contineously during windows installation, your RAM might be the cause. But if it is that your system turn off automatically dring windows installation, then, it is likely that the cooling fan on your processor (CPU) is not working or not cooling the processor very well.

Good luck.

Nice one guys

He can also check by making sure the RAM are well clipped to the slot and no bents

making sure the first RAM start from slot 1 then work backward

like the previous tec said remove and put each adaptor back to see if will make any difference

also check no damagaes to the usb ports

also make sure no pheripherals attach during installation
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by deji2009(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
having said that, on some mobotherboard DDR and SD RAM cannot be combine, you need to either use DDR OR SDRAM. Good luck!
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by Pires07(m): 12:14am On Sep 18, 2009
mikesleek:

You are welcome bro. I bet you wanted to say ddr 1 and ddr 2. The simplest way, it is written on it, on the white label/sticker. You can remove 1 memory each for troubleshooting if the system uses 2.
Nice1, u can use just one memory stick for troubleshooting so u dnt damage two at the same time. jst incase.
ddr2 and ddr1 both have just one opening at the middle, u can differentiate both when u want to fix it, u'll discover that one wont fix in cos the notch wont match the Ram slot.

Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by obatunlese: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2009
hey try using safe mode to boot to command prompt, den type NET USER: type in ur label, i.e ur system name eg sams-pc. press enter, then type password, enter den type del password, den enter. it deletes ur password. it only work 4 vista. try it.
Re: Help Me To Bypass This Password, I Have Done All I Can Do. by scantee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2009
thank you all for your efforts.

mikesleek:

You are welcome bro. I[b] bet you wanted to say ddr 1 and ddr 2.[/b]yes my brother The simplest way, it is written on it, on the white label/sticker. You can remove 1 memory each for troubleshooting if the system uses 2.

the system uses two ddr2 slots, but i am only using one ddr2 slot i dont use two memory ones.

thanks

koseepaaro:

Good luck.

yee it dosent restart, it shut down automatically, but when i put alrady formated hard drive, it will boot the system but it will not allow me to install any program. some times i can use it up to an hour before it will shut down.

when i check the fan it is working normal.

deji2009:

Nice one guys

He can also check by making sure the RAM are well clipped to the slot and no bents

making sure the first RAM start from slot 1 then work backward

like the previous tec said remove and put each adaptor back to see if will make any difference

also check no damagaes to the usb ports

also make sure no pheripherals attach during installation

thnaks

no peripheral is attached. i am using only noe ram.

deji2009:

having said that, on some mobotherboard DDR and SD RAM cannot be combine, you need to either use DDR OR SDRAM. Good luck!

the board came with only dd ram slot, and is ddr2 i am using.so i did not combine it with any sd ram

thanks for your contribution.

Pires07:

Nice1, u can use just one memory stick for troubleshooting so u dnt damage two at the same time. jst incase.
ddr2 and ddr1 both have just one opening at the middle, u can differentiate both when u want to fix it, u'll discover that one wont fix in cos the notch wont match the Ram slot.

thanks

i use only one memory.

obatunlese:

hey try using safe mode to boot to command prompt, den type NET USER: type in your label, i.e your system name eg sams-pc. press enter, then type password, enter den type del password, den enter. it deletes your password. it only work 4 vista. try it.

bro thanks.
i believe this your solution is refering to my first problem, on how to bypass the password.

@all
i am sorry that i have not relied you guys since beased on your solution, i just want to applogise to you guys because i believe that you people will be exepecting me to give you guys feed back if the solutions you guys suggested works or not, the truth is that after that my last post i went for a workshop, so i have not been able to apply them. please i am going to do as you people said and get back to you guys

best wishes.

(1) (Reply)

Post Any Windows10 Problem Here[get It Solved] / What laptop do you recommend? / Youtube Video On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.