Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (988423 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Frumentum:

I was being facetious grin grin grin
Seriously though, Botswana has armed them with 2 FN MINIMI 5.6 mm Mk3 LMGs, fired from a button in the cockpit. Talks are underway to integrate 2 X 7-tube FZ rocket launchers.
I won't want to be at the wrong end of a 23 mm smiley smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Frumentum:

And you disparage the Bat Hawk? grin grin grin
that's stretching your luck too far.
the thing looks like it was made with bamboo and nylon.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 10:11pm On Feb 26, 2018
lionel4power:

who else remembers the Minicoin aka "biafran babies" that devastated the Nigerian Air Force mig-17s. who else?

I'm I the only one who reads history here??
(pun intended smiley smiley )

http://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2016/11/reincarnation-how-biafran-baby-returns.html

if a similar aircraft was used with great effect against Nigeria, I wonder why it won't work against boko haram how sophisticated are they?
grin

Well,I am not sure I know the crux of the matter anymore but yes,I do love me a turboprop
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin

Well,I am not sure I know the crux of the matter anymore but yes,I do love me a turboprop

remember when I said if the US doesn't want to sell the tucano, then we go to the Turks, if they refuse we go to the south africans.

if they all refuse then we get an acrobatic aircraft and outfits it with rocket and gun pods.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2018
lionel4power:

I won't want to be at the wrong end of a 23 mm smiley smiley
Poor doctrine and no aircraft will survive the wrong end of a 23mm.

BTW, I think the Bat Hawk can only be used in extremely permissible environments, like belligerent herders with AKs.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
lionel4power:

remember when I said if the US doesn't want to sell the tucano, then we go to the Turks, if they refuse we go to the south africans.

if they all refuse then we get an acrobatic aircraft and outfits it with rocket and gun pods.
I recall now
Something can be done to the Mushak(I refused to learn the spelling) then.

meanwhile, did you watch the unveiling of the tsaigumi? Did you see the nafsa eagle aircraft/demonstrator? What is thine opinion
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
lionel4power:

Again, you chaps could have joined the 2 launch customers for the Paramount Mwari grin grin grin
Guided and unguided rockets, ATGMs, Gun pods, ISR sensors etc at a cheaper operating cost/hour than a helicopter and longer loiter time.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
I recall now
Something can be done to the Mushak(I refused to learn the spelling) then.

meanwhile, did you watch the unveiling of the tsaigumi? Did you see the nafsa eagle aircraft/demonstrator? What is thine opinion
It's a commendable effort. I know it's a prototype and MORE work would still be done.

i hear Comp Air Aviation was selected from three U.S.-based aviation companies to develop the platform,
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Frumentum:

Again, you chaps could have joined the 2 launch customers for the Paramount Mwari grin grin grin
Guided and unguided rockets, ATGMs, Gun pods, ISR sensors etc at a cheaper operating cost/hour than a helicopter and longer loiter time.
we missed that chance...

at least on the Mwari aspect. I still think it's better than the non existent super tucano.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
Frumentum:

Poor doctrine and no aircraft will survive the wrong end of a 23mm.

BTW, I think the Bat Hawk can only be used in extremely permissible environments, like belligerent herders with AKs.
reminds me of my childhood favourite aviation quote.

"ON A WING AND A PRAYER"

forgotten who said that.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
lionel4power:
we missed that chance...

at least on the Mwari aspect. I still think it's better than the non existent super tucano.
Actually, we know the one launch customer is in the Middle East. The 2nd, not so sure.
The model proudly sits on the desk of your CAS Abubakar, so who knows...

Actually, considering all production slots have been taken up by the 2 launch customers for the next 2 years, highly likely the addition to the Mid East customer is Central Asian - the other region where Paramount has derived strong revenue.
In any case, they'd have made a loud song and dance about an African launch customer.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:49am On Feb 27, 2018
very optimistic about DART-450 with performance close to EMB-312 but priced at only US$ 3.1 million. The manufacturing plant is already set in wuhu, China.

General characteristics
Crew: Two
Length: 10.75 m (35 ft 3 in)
Wingspan: 11.74 m (38 ft 6 in)
Height: 3.38 m (11 ft 1 in)
Empty weight: 1,330 kg (2,932 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 2,300 kg (5,071 lb)
Fuel capacity: 850 l (190 imp gal; 220 US gal) usable
Powerplant: 1 × Ivchenko-Progress Motor Sich AI-450S turboprop, 369 kW (495hp)
Propellers: 5-bladed MT Propeller

Performance
Maximum speed: 463 km/h; 288 mph (250 kn)
Cruise speed: 426 km/h; 265 mph (230 kn)
Stall speed: 111 km/h; 69 mph (60kn)
Endurance: 8 hr 10 min
Service ceiling: 7,010 m (23,000 ft) absolute
g limits: +7/-4G
Rate of climb: 15.2 m/s (2,990 ft/min)
Take-off run: 600 m (2,000 ft)
Landing run: 400 m (1,300 ft)
fuel burn: 90 litres/hour
operating cost: $500/hour
payload:870 kg

China is negotiating with Ukraine Ivchenko-Progress about license built it's engine Motor Sich AI-450S

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 7:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Russia is developing a new high-speed combat helicopter prototype capably of speed of over 400 km per hour.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 8:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Frumentum:

Actually, we know the one launch customer is in the Middle East. The 2nd, not so sure.
The model proudly sits on the desk of your CAS Abubakar, so who knows...

Actually, considering all production slots have been taken up by the 2 launch customers for the next 2 years, highly likely the addition to the Mid East customer is Central Asian - the other region where Paramount has derived strong revenue.
In any case, they'd have made a loud song and dance about an African launch customer.
Why do you think Africans don't want to buy the Mwari? or many of SA products for that matter?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2018
A test of SpotMini's ability to adjust to disturbances as it opens and walks through a door. A person (not shown) drives the robot up to the door, points the hand at the door handle, then gives the 'GO' command, both at the beginning of the video and again at 42 seconds. The robot proceeds autonomously from these points on, without help from a person. A camera in the hand finds the door handle, cameras on the body determine if the door is open or closed and navigate through the doorway. Software provides locomotion, balance and adjusts behavior when progress gets off track. The ability to tolerate and respond automatically to disturbances like these improves successful operation of the robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFuA50H9uek

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2018
scaled model of drdo Stand Off Anti-Tank Missile/ S.A.N.T Missile (also known as MLPGM/ Missile Launched Precision Guided Munition). It was tested recently from a helicopter.

It uses a MMW Seeker.

The name Missile Launched PGM (MLPGM) is given because multiple nos of it can be fitted inside a mother ballistic missile as payload and released during pre terminal stages, then the multiple MLPGM will independently seek, acquire, persue and home on the targets.

It is a good idea becz it will allow u to hit multiple armoured vehicles with a single delivery missile via fire and forget approach.

Ballistic missiles like prithvi 2 & 3 and other upcoming ballistic missiles will carry multiple of these Missile Launched Precision Guided Munition and give the capability to take out multiple targets like SAM systems and their related support systems, missile TELs and their related support systems, armoured concentration etc

Pic 3 One of the Prithvi warheads BCES (blast cum earth shock) which contains 32 penetrators that penetrate the ground , structures etc and then explode for damage . Its effect is that of a area saturation warhead.

Pic 4 Prithvi ballistic missile BCES warhead in action
But the penetrators are unguided and depend on the carrier missile for accuracy.

Here Missile Launched PGMs will use their own MMW seekers to seek out targets after being dispensed over the general area of interest at ranges of > 300km ( depends on the carrier mother missile range )

The concept is shown in the 2nd pic near CDEEP

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2018
DRDO 155/52 mm ATAGS howitzers in high altitude trials in Sikkim, Jan 2018. Bharat Forge’s G-2 prototype (L), Tata Power SED’s G-1 (R).

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2018
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force ships

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
In IAF LCA is the first and only aircraft till date to have the capability of hot refuelling.

Hot Refuelling is a single point pressure refuelling of the aircraft with the engine in operation. It is a process by which a fighter aircraft is refuelled (in between sorties) while its engine is in operation, thereby cutting down the refuelling time by half and turn-around time significantly. This capability is highly desired in combat situation which basically puts aside the need for the pilot to park the aircraft, power down and exit the cockpit for refuelling to begin.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
lionel4power:

Why do you think Africans don't want to buy the Mwari? or many of SA products for that matter?
Who says African countries don't want to buy Mwari? It's a new platform and all the production slots (24 aircraft/year) have been taken up by the 2 launch customers, for the next 2 years.
Other than SA, which other African country has ever committed to buying anything abroad based on prototypes? Even we falter, as when we stupidly turned down AIP for our subs cos we didn't want to be guinea pigs.

The SA defence industry generates adequate sales from African countries, from EW platforms and APCs in Egypt, to tents in Mozambique. WE could of course, do with more.
The question you should be asking is, "Why does SA struggle to sell high-end stuff in Africa?"

And the answer is because our defence companies cannot afford the generous finance packages that China, Russia, USA, France, Israel and recently Turkey, can put together. All our high-end stuff in Africa goes to countries like Algeria and Egypt that can finance deals on their own.

PIC 2 is for nemesis4u grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 28, 2018
Akash medium-range mobile air defense missile system elements

1. MLV (Missile Launcher Vehicle)
2. FCC (Fire Control Centre)
3. MGR (Missile Guidance Radar)
4. TPSV (TLR Power Supply Vehicle)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
South Korea scrambled more than 10 fighters just to monitor one PLANAF Y-9JB
China dispatched a single Y-9JB electronic warfare aircraft into Korea Strait on Feb. 27 and Yonhap reported that more than 10 fighters were scrambled by South Korea to monitor the four-hours flight by the Chinese.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2018
Saab GlobalEye on operational mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcL9DgEe5lQ

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
russia special ops in syria short documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsRNC-lLpvk

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Prospina anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) in top-attack mode was tested earlier today. Prospina is the latest iteration of the Nag ATGM and sports an indigenous MWIR seeker.

2nd pic is interesting , not sure but it seems that the explosion captured in the pic is due to the precursor charge , while the main charge has yet to be initiated.

The warhead used is a tandem warhead, so I maybe right.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2018
Russia officially donated two An-26 transport aircraft to Nicaragua on Feb. 23. The Russian Navy commander for naval aviation, Maj. Gen. Igor Kozhin handed over the aircraft to Commander in Chief of the Army of Nicaragua, Gen. Julio César Avilés Castillo, at the ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGSsZGJTgk
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
nemesis4u:
Prospina anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) in top-attack mode was tested earlier today. Prospina is the latest iteration of the Nag ATGM and sports an indigenous MWIR seeker.

2nd pic is interesting , not sure but it seems that the explosion captured in the pic is due to the precursor charge , while the main charge has yet to be initiated.

The warhead used is a tandem warhead, so I maybe right.
i think you meant imaging infrared seeker(IIR) not infrared seeker (IR)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
newafricaken254:
i think you meant imaging infrared seeker(IIR) not infrared seeker (IR)

Ur correct theoretically

but it is kind of understood that ATGM seekers r IIR not IR based.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by newafricaken254: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Introducing Patria Nemo Container - a heavy mortar system with high mobility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLns_5xadtA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
smiley

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 2:45am On Mar 01, 2018
newafricaken254:
South Korea scrambled more than 10 fighters just to monitor one PLANAF Y-9JB
China dispatched a single Y-9JB electronic warfare aircraft into Korea Strait on Feb. 27 and Yonhap reported that more than 10 fighters were scrambled by South Korea to monitor the four-hours flight by the Chinese.
this pic is taken by japanese self defense force

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.