Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,985 members, 7,863,510 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (1002951 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Namica firing Nag Atgm in lock on before launch mode at night.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
News broke out yesterday that Excalibur 155 mm precision guided rounds has been inducted into IA.

Hope drdo has the brains to study it and come out with its own similar product.

They already working a kit known as PGK for donkey years

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2019
nemesis8u:
Namica firing Nag Atgm in lock on before launch mode at night.
How does lock before launch works?

Does thermal signature of target come into play?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2019
lionel4power:

How does lock before launch works?

Does thermal signature of target come into play?

Yes thermal image of target is needed

It happens in either of 2 ways

First search and then lock on using the targets thermal signature generated via missiles own seeker

Or

Search and then lock on via a external EO sensor which transfers the captured thermal image of the target and any necessary coordinates to the seeker and its nav unit.

Depending of sophistication of the IIR seeker and its algorithms, the following thermal profiles r needed

Thermal signature of target
Thermal image of background
Thermal differential between target and background

NAG is capable of both LOBL and LOAL
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 18, 2019
RUDRA firing HELINA ATGM

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2019
Battery surveillance radar

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2019
Battery multi function radar

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2019
The interesting thing about the above Battery multi function radar and Battery surveillance radar is that the AESA radar panels are conformal and blends with the vehicle body. They don't stand out.

Till date personal i have not come across similar radar systems developed or in service in other countries.

Such configuration cuts down maintenance , decreases system profile and helps in camouflage , since visually from air or land they look like ordinary carriers .

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2019
OSS ( ocean surveillance ship )

Under construction

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2019
Kautilya ELINT satellite which was launched some months ago

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2019
Brahmos launch from Kolkata class destroyers

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Saudi armour losses updated! What do you do when you have more money than sense? Keep doing the same thing over & over til either smth good happens or the dollars run out-800+ MRAPs and 265 MBTs and counting among the Riyadh led coalition consisting of the Saudis,Qataris,Pakistanis (nemesis8u,why are your pals so talented in unwinnable wars?)Sudanese and Moroccans til they recently pulled out! These are known M1 Abrams,Le Clerc,LAV,Spartan etc,etc losses.

https://lostarmour.info/yemen/

At least this year their losses seem to have dipped though there are still almost 2.5 months left in 2019. I always knew they'd bit off more than they could handle but dammnn! Btw,don't blame the OEMs for all these torched weapons systems-despite fangirlism nothing on earth is indestructible especially when infantry support is poorly coordinated

Sometimes I wish Congolese could be just half as determined as Houthis,those desert Gurkhas! Instead their sole competence is to flee from trouble and take refuge in escapism in this case dressing up.

I've seen a nigga in a kilt!?

1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
nemesis8u:

Yes thermal image of target is needed

It happens in either of 2 ways

First search and then lock on using the targets thermal signature generated via missiles own seeker

Or

Search and then lock on via a external EO sensor which transfers the captured thermal image of the target and any necessary coordinates to the seeker and its nav unit.

Depending of sophistication of the IIR seeker and its algorithms, the following thermal profiles r needed

Thermal signature of target
Thermal image of background
Thermal differential between target and background

NAG is capable of both LOBL and LOAL

Okay but what if the thermal differential between the target vehicle and the environment is very low or equal to zero? Like for example, in cold season when the target vehicle has been left outside for a long period and it has dissipated all its heat. The target thermal signature must have blended with the environment.

The IIR speaker head must be very capable.

I wonder how LOBL will function in this scenario.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
nemesis8u:
RUDRA firing HELINA ATGM
I love the under chin gun turret
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 19, 2019
lionel4power:

Okay but what if the thermal differential between the target vehicle and the environment is very low or equal to zero? Like for example, in cold season when the target vehicle has been left outside for a long period and it has dissipated all its heat. The target thermal signature must have blended with the environment.

The IIR speaker head must be very capable.

I wonder how LOBL will function in this scenario.

No body will dissipate all its heat , thats impossible naturally. For that to happen all molecules inside will have to cease motion which by itself is near impossible . This is known as absolute zero and theoretically happens at around - 273 degree centigrade / 0 Kelvin.

Anyways
I wrote this before , should clear up ur doubts

nemesis8u:
After the successful completion of the summer trails NAG is now cleared for production , which is to begin at the end of this year.

More than a decade of development and trails and unreasonable demands from the end user , it's comes into production.

The biggest problem faced by NAG was that its infra-red seeker could identify and engage the target even if the environment was cool and also if the differential temperature was mere two degrees. But if the target tank was left for hours in summer (sun), that is what as done during previous day time trials ( 11 a.m. to 3 p.m ), the temperature difference between the tank and the environment become very negligible and during this time NAG could not meet the targeted four km range and neither could JAVELIN nor SPIKE ATGM during their desert trials.

so to overcome this , a cryogenic cooling unit was used to cool the highly sensitive detectors placed on missile tip for sensing heat or infra red signals. This allowed the seeker to discriminate the thermal signatures of its targets vis a vis the background noise in three different thermal scenarios

1. Thermal differential within the target ( this allows NAG to see targets which have uneven thermal profiles , eg barrel after firing is hotter than the target and the surroundings or running engine exhaust even though rest of tank is at same temperature as the surroundings.)

2. Thermal differential between the target and the background ( self explanatory )

3. Surrounding temperature variations. ( Presence of a target even at the same temperature as the surroundings sometimes creates minute localised temperature variations around the target due to many reasons like movement , flow of sand particles from running track etc which the modified seeker can pick up by running it's discrimination algorithms against the thermal profile picked up by its seeker.)

This allowed the modified NAG ATGM to hit targets at minimum of 400m to maximum of 4 km at searing temperatures of 50-55 degree centigrade successfully even with a very low thermal contrast of target vis a vis background surroundings to the tune of a mere 0.2 degree Celsius. ( Ie the temperature difference between the target and the desert is mere 0.2 degree centigrade )

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 19, 2019
kikuyu1:
Saudi armour losses updated!

Sometimes I wish Congolese could be just half as determined as Houthis,those desert Gurkhas! Instead their sole competence is to flee from trouble and take refuge in escapism in this case dressing up.

The will to fight stems from ones willingness to defend what is integral and part of one's identity.

To every man upon this earth death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods.

I fight for the same, for my traditions , for my way of life , for my god's ( embodiments of my ancient civilization - my hero's and not god perse )

No point fighting or uniting for something that is foreign to me and hence u see conflicts based on religions falter with time . They r like drug , instant hit but useless thereafter.

4 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Naval LCA with restrainers deployed

Used in aircraft carriers to allow the fighters to build up full thrust just before takeoff

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
Prahaar tactical SSM

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Jimi24: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
I suspect Iranian Revolutionary Guards Troops and Special Forces embedded with Houthis.

kikuyu1:
Saudi armour losses updated! What do you do when you have more money than sense? Keep doing the same thing over & over til either smth good happens or the dollars run out-800+ MRAPs and 265 MBTs and counting among the Riyadh led coalition consisting of the Saudis,Qataris,Pakistanis (nemesis8u,why are your pals so talented in unwinnable wars?)Sudanese and Moroccans til they recently pulled out! These are known M1 Abrams,Le Clerc,LAV,Spartan etc,etc losses.

https://lostarmour.info/yemen/

At least this year their losses seem to have dipped though there are still almost 2.5 months left in 2019. I always knew they'd bit off more than they could handle but dammnn! Btw,don't blame the OEMs for all these torched weapons systems-despite fangirlism nothing on earth is indestructible especially when infantry support is poorly coordinated

I've seen a nigga in a kilt!?

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2019
nemesis8u:

No body will dissipate all its heat , thats impossible naturally. For that to happen all molecules inside will have to cease motion which by itself is near impossible . This is known as absolute zero and theoretically happens at around - 273 degree centigrade / 0 Kelvin.

Anyways
I wrote this before , should clear up ur doubts

thanks for the explanation

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
[1] J20 open weapons bay PLAAF
[2] F22 open weapons bay USAF
[3] F35 open weapons bay USAF

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by lionel4power(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2019
SuperSixSeven:
[1] J20 open weapons bay PLAAF
[2] F22 open weapons bay USAF
[3] F35 open weapons bay USAF
the F-35 is a beautiful aircraft.

the exhaust nozzle of the J-20 and F-35 doesn't look too stealthy unlike the F-22
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2019
lionel4power:
the F-35 is a beautiful aircraft.

the exhaust nozzle of the J-20 and F-35 doesn't look too stealthy unlike the F-22

The F22 had its first flight in the 90s since then Lockheed Martin learned alot from the previous design when they designed the F35 in the 2000s. And Chinese manufactures learned from both models.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2019
From a recent exercise involving 40000 troops

The last pic showing the masts is the mast mounted mobile LORROS and radar systems.

They r used for generating situational awareness before, during and at the end of an assult by artillery systems, both rocket and gun.

They r tied into the local C&C and from their on to the higher echelons.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2019
Astra mk1 range 110-120km

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
Latest design iteration of naval LCA MK2 / MWF

It has stabilator control surfaces in the rear and vortex generators in the front, both not present in AF LCA MK2 / MWF.

It also has a more prominent stinger in the rear not present in earlier models

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
kikuyu1:
Saudi armour losses updated! What do you do when you have more money than sense?

wink grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYX5pBihw3c&t=503s

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2019
nemesis8u:
Damn Vikram lander has died undecided

Eulogy :

Don't remember me with sadness

Don't remember me with tears

Remember with the nail biting moments

As I french kissed the moon's ground in a hurry

My life was worthwhile

Till one of my damned thrusters overperformed

Knowing that I along the way to moons south pole

I made everybody happy

So please don't be unhappy

Just becz I am out of sight

Freezed to death in the damn 14 days of bitter cold night

Remember that I am always with u only 384400 km away on moon embarassed

Atunsun ! pls observe a few seconds of silence for the frozen departed.

RIP
May the ever elusive aliens keep eternal watch over it.

And don't let any earthlings steal the parts angry

The result of a ghastly oversight on the part of the ISRO; over shooting their capabilities by attempting to land in the south pole, a region that is NEVER free of shadows. NASA's 2nd time and latest photos of the crime scene show no traces of the ill fated lander.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 11:30pm On Oct 23, 2019
TayserMahri:

The result of a ghastly oversight on the part of the ISRO; over shooting their capabilities by attempting to land in the south pole, a region that is NEVER free of shadows..

What a load of nonsense! smiley
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

What a load of nonsense! smiley

Says who?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by SuperSixSeven: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2019
Australian 2nd Commando Regiment conduct counter-terrorism training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcGYWQ1mWjU
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2019
TayserMahri:

wink grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYX5pBihw3c&t=503s

Just watched-damn,fail ON ALL LEVELS! From the captain,flt eng to cabin crew,just damnnn!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (668) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.