Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (989571 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
http://www.popsci.com/china-new-long-range-air-to-air-missile

china is testing 300km + range AAM . most of the info is speculation will have to wait for official data.

i am sure it is a reworked Russian R-37 build with Russian collaboration wink again i may be wrong

again there is the K100 400km range

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 12:42am On Nov 29, 2016
chinese8107:
local pickup
yemen
this donkey would need a wheelchair after long service grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 29, 2016
Odunayaw:
this donkey would need a wheelchair after long service grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

me thinks it will need a new smarter owner grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 29, 2016
These images of AURA stealth UCAV posted here were part of a key-note presentation that DRDO chief Dr Vijay Saraswat made in Sweden 2012 at the Aerospace Forum.

most probably the design has been refined, optimized and the final configuration arrived on.

Dassault Aviation will be helping here i think especially post the rafale deal and India's inclusion into MTCR regime

officials have said that it will be capable of flying at altitudes of 30,001 feet and weighing less than 15 tonnes, and the UCAV will have rail-launching for the missiles, bombs and PGMs they will carry. the UCAV will be able to cruise at Mach 1.2 .

A non-afterburning variant of Kaveri was said to be used in the UCAV. In 2015 Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar informed Rajya Sabha that AURA will be powered by a Kaveri derivative engine ("dry" engine).

lets see if the lazy bumps can deliver it grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2016
this i how Indian space research organization ISRO started...................

on bicycles and bullock carts grin

and now this.............................

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2016
nemesis2u:
this i how Indian space research organization ISRO started...................

on bicycles and bullock carts grin

and now this.............................

Your MIC isn't perfect;but the products are many,varied and top quality,truly world class! The interface between the DRDO and forces needs may not be the best but the results are there. Among 2of your aerospace designs your brahmos is now well into block 2 and you're on your way to Mars!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
kikuyu1:

Your MIC isn't perfect;but the products are many,varied and top quality,truly world class! The interface between the DRDO and forces needs may not be the best but the results are there. Among 2of your aerospace designs your brahmos is now well into block 2 and you're on your way to Mars!!

drdo is stupid makes rookie mistakes but now sense is being kicked into them by the present government .

brahmos is well into block 4

and India is already on mars grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Upgraded soviet era M46 130mm guns into 155mm of 45cal

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLDjipA1rHQ

better video of rustom 2 with engine sounds etc grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
truck mounted weapons of vietnam

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
t 55 vietnam

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
F-16 'Viper '.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Henry240:
F-16

I hope to work on one of them some day, what a beauty, it looks modified though.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
s26 sub from china exportable customers pakistan 8 nos grin

cant see any VLS modules , guess the fanboys were wrong grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vanquay:

I hope to work on one of them some day, what a beauty, it looks modified though.
I had to check more than once to be sure it was the Vanquay I know that made this statement. wink
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Seened:

I had to check more than once to be sure it was the Vanquay I know that made this statement. wink

Hehe...Back from unfair bans...Mans just chilling here for now.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vanquay:

If you aren't American, European, Pakistani, Arab or Chilean, the chances of that happening is slim.

It's a Belgian Air Force Block 40 model. Not new like the block 60 or 70.

It sure is a beauty.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Henry240:

If you aren't American, European, Pakistani, Arab or Chilean, the chances of that happening is slim.

It's a Belgian Air Force Block 40 model. Not new like the block 60 or 70.

It sure is a beauty.

I am American, I just saw the viper part, that was why I thought it looked Modified.

I might join the Airforce as an Aerospace Engineer, Lots of F-16s to fiddle with there.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
u nigerian ogas r welcome to keep the mushshak

only condition..........................

i get to keep the girl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
al zarrar mbt modernized chinese type 56

i know for certain that RGP fired at it penetrated its frontal armour more than once , what will happen if ATGM r fired at it

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vanquay:

Hehe...Back from unfair bans...Mans just chilling here for now.
Vanquay I wonder the number of bans you've received on Nairaland cheesy You've been a very naughty boy cool
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Vanquay:

I am American, I just saw the viper part, that was why I thought it looked Modified.

I might join the Airforce as an Aerospace Engineer, Lots of F-16s to fiddle with there.

OK. That's why I put the Viper in quotes. It's not the F-16V model, the latest model.

Good for you, if that eventually happens.

The F-16 is a great aeroplane. Many people consider it as the world's best single engine fighter.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2016
nemesis2u:
u nigerian ogas r welcome to keep the mushshak

only condition..........................

i get to keep the girl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We want full spectrum capabilities. This is unfair. We won't take it! cool
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Seened: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
Interesting.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
nemesis2u:
al zarrar mbt modernized chinese type 56

i know for certain that RGP fired at it penetrated its frontal armour more than once , what will happen if ATGM r fired at it
RPG-7 ?

Latest RPGs can penetrate many tanks

No crew commander would want his tank to be at the sights of a ATGM crew or an ATGM equipped vehicle/aircraft.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Seened:

We want full spectrum capabilities. This is unfair. We won't take it! cool

in flight regulations forbids full spectrum capabilities to minimize dangerous and fatal distraction grin

also full spectrum capabilities might result in large no of AWOL pilots grin

and last but not the least u might end up loosing the mushshak as part of the divorce settlement grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
MikeCZA:
RPG-7 ?

Latest RPGs can penetrate many tanks

No crew commander would want his tank to be at the sights of a ATGM crew or an ATGM equipped vehicle/aircraft.

yes good old rpg 7 penetrated the frontal amour , when i saw the pic , i was surprised to see what was reveled if that is armour i will be damned, it is a shell

if even modern tandem warhead RPG penetrate frontal amour then i will say that the armour is not worthy of being called a amour .

in the pic below the frontal Armour failed and the base amour also took damage , u can see a hole in the base armour the kind made by shape charged RPGs .

guess the design was improved after this and included ERA tiles, not sure though

edit : it is modernized type 59 i made a typo earlier

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

yes good old rpg 7 penetrated the frontal amour , when i saw the pic , i was surprised to see what was reveled if that is armour i will be damned

if even modern tandem warhead RPG penetrate frontal amour then i will say that the armour is not worthy of being called a amour .

in the pic below the frontal Armour failed and the base amour also took damage , u can see a hole in the base armour the kind made by shape charged RPGs
Tandem warhead RPGs and ATGMs are effect because the first warhead destroys/pills the first layer of armour(Reactive armour most of the time) the second bigger warhead drills into the main armour.

Tandem warhead RPGs like the RPG-29 have penetrated heavy MBTs.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
MikeCZA:
Tandem warhead RPGs and ATGMs are effect because the first warhead destroys/pills the first layer of armour(Reactive armour most of the time) the second bigger warhead drills into the main armour.

Tandem warhead RPGs like the RPG-29 have penetrated heavy MBTs.

i know that................lol grin

do u know there r ERA tiles (kindof) which blocks even the secondary larger warhead (second detonation) in addition to the precursor smaller primary charge (first detonation) . grin

these tiles r effective mostly against RPG family including tandem warhead RPG.
again with tandem warhead ATGMs they struggle but also provide decent chance of defeating it

and i am not talking about Non-explosive reactive armour (NERA) /non-energetic reactive armour (NxRA), it is a hybrid of ERA and NERA/NxRA concept .much is classified

these info u will not find in open forums

@MikeCZA

heard of smart reactive armour ? pic 1

what i was talking above is a combination of ideas pic 2 and 3 into one reactive tile ( just to give a idea only)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

do u know there r ERA tiles which blocks even the secondary larger warhead (second detonation) in addition to the precursor smaller primary charge (first detonation) . grin

again with tandem warhead ATGMs they struggle but also provide decent chance of defeating it

and i am not talking about Non-explosive reactive armour (NERA) /non-energetic reactive armour (NxRA), it is a hybrid of ERA and NERA/NxRA concept .much is classified

Challenger, Abrams the best combat tested tanks have been penetrated/damaged by advanced RPGs.

The development of active protection systems is cause of the realisation that adding more isn't a really solution but nor active protection systems too.

They are there to negate the threat. Adding blocks adds weight.

No tank is impenetrable. Armour is a concept.

Classified? grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
nemesis2u:

do u know there r ERA tiles (kindof) which blocks even the secondary larger warhead (second detonation) in addition to the precursor smaller primary charge (first detonation) . grin

@MikeCZA

heard of smart reactive armour ? pic 1

what i was talking above is a combination of ideas pic 2 and 3 into one reactive tile ( just to give a idea only)
Challenger, Abrams the best combat tested tanks have been penetrated/damaged by advanced RPGs.

The development of active protection systems is cause of the realisation that adding more isn't a really solution but nor active protection systems too.

They are there to negate the threat. Adding blocks adds weight.

No tank is impenetrable. Armour is a concept.

Classified? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.