Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List (18734 Views)

17-Year-Old Oludamilola Oluwada Accepted Into 19 Of The World’s Top Universities / "I Should Have Cheated" - Nigerian Guy Who Fails WAEC Cries Out (photos) / Top 100 Universities In Subsaharan Africa: 26 Nigerian Universities Make List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by srrrr(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
sirOrubebe:
Seriously, thunder will rape the destinies of all the useless politicians who have succeeded (and are still in the process) of turning this country into a shameful disgrace.

Please can somebody tell me the processes involved in 'renouncing' one's nationality? I don tire for Nigeria! Nothing is working!!! :-(
abi
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Heavance(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
You know, later you'll get to see some people typing about how better one federal, or state is better than a private university here, yet none is impressive enough. Bottom line, do your thing, equip yourself well and get out to face what us out there
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by holysainbj(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Lol, where our almighty universitiesgrin
lols don't mind us jawe
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by TrollTrap: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lol world class unis comes at a cost....where do you expect the government to get such funds (that's if they actually want to make our unis world class)
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by AngelAhnie(f): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
holysainbj:

lols don't mind us jawe
I was expecting to see at least 10 among the world best 1000 universities. I'm disappointed.
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tolexander:
Thanks to our Politicians!

Instead of funding Nigerian universities, they prefer splashing the funds on their "private" luxury!
Instead of appointing the university administrators on merit, they prefer appointing base on nepotism, cronyism and party affiliation.

Upon all, they will still send their wards to the top universities in this list angry

instead of the youths protesting that their futures are being mortgaged, they carry placards for politicians (who BTW send their kids abroad) that embezzled the funds meant for their education.

Like Amaechi said......."we steal because you do not stone us"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by 1forall: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
When it's not a corruption related index
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
This shouldn't surprise anyone, we all know this to be the truth. Why do you think every well to do Nigerian, even the past and current president all send their kids abroad to school?
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
olaniyi0:
Slave Mentality! Wise up before it's too late. Most of our kids there bags 1st class.
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by BrosMayowa(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Those top schools require two things for admission; stellar grades and meritable curricular activities.. Not one useless post UTME. Yet our students thrive over there because admission processes are more meritocratic. But in my country, I don't think admission into public unis are up to 50% merit. May God help us.
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by robosky02(m): 4:48pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I was expecting to see at least 10 among the world best 1000 universities. I'm disappointed.

don't be after all its only sorting they do in your naija schools grin
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by AngelAhnie(f): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
robosky02:

don't be after all its only sorting they do in your naija schools grin
Me no dey sortgrin
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by robosky02(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Me no dey sortgrin

how are you jare cheesy
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
JixNation:
The list is fantastically corrupt and biased with American universities topping almost the top 10.

I rep naija till egg get skin.
Bros, u ll old oooo
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by AngelAhnie(f): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
robosky02:

how are you jare cheesy
I dey fine. I just dey laugh grin
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
JixNation:
The list is fantastically corrupt and biased with American universities topping almost the top 10.

American students Made Windows - You bought
American students made Apple and IOS - You bought
American student made Facebook - You used
... Etc.

Which one have you made that they bought and are using?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by robosky02(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I dey fine. I just dey laugh grin

tell me why

let me join grin
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Osmondinho(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
flyca:
Its not surprising nah. Lol, the only surpising thing here is that the OP expects Nigerian institution to be on the list. Lol. Even 1st - 2000th, e still no go dey.

Being the best in anything is not magic. Work, sufficient work has to be put in order to be tops.

Na oyibo man once talk am, "the heights achieved by great men wasn't done by a sudden flight".

In the past 20 years, have you ever met the child of a prominent Nigerian or politician in your school or your class? You think they don't have sense?

Let's them continue feasting on our treasury. Its official buffet - serve yourself! While we keep shout PDP and APC on Nairaland.

Bros, You have said it all. Nothing to add
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by AngelAhnie(f): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
robosky02:

tell me why
let me join grin
I don get alert cheesy
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
I don get alert cheesy

talk true

ok make we share na

there's love in sharing
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by AngelAhnie(f): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
robosky02:

talk true

ok make we share na

there's love in sharing
my eye dey red for money, school don resume, make I come your office grin
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by omogerohprecious(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=robosky02 post=47456973]
List of Nigeria Federal Universities, State Universities and Private Universities
FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES 25
STATE UNIVERSITIEs 25
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES 25

STATE UNIVERSITIES
1. Abia State University, Uturu.
2. Adamawa State University Mubi
3. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba.
4. Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
5. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma,
6. Anambra State University of Science & Technology, Uli
7. Bauchi State University, Gadau
8. Benue State University, Makurdi.
9. Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, Damaturu.
10. Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar
11. Delta State University Abraka
12. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
13. Ekiti State University
14. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
15. Gombe State Univeristy, Gombe
16. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
17. Ignatius Ajuru University of Education,Rumuolumeni.
18. Imo State University, Owerri
19. Jigawa State University
20. Kaduna State University, Kaduna
21. Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil
22. Kebbi State University, Kebbi
23. Kogi State University Anyigba
24. Kwara State University, Ilorin
25. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso

Here’s a list, which contains the current names, websites, founded names of all NUC approved Private Universities in Nigeria.
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES

1. Achievers University, Owo
2. Adeleke University,Ede.
3. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
4. African University of Science & Technology, Abuja
5. Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
6. Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
7. Al-Qalam University, Katsina
8. American University of Nigeria, Yola
9. Augustine University
10. Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
11. Baze University
12. Bells University of Technology, Otta
13. Benson Idahosa University,Benin City
14. Bingham University, New Karu
15. Bowen University, Iwo
16. Caleb University, Lagos
17. Caritas University, Enugu
18. CETEP City University, Lagos
19. Chrisland University
20. Christopher University
21. Covenant University Ota
22. Crawford University Igbesa
23. Crescent University,
24. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
25. Evangel University, Akaeze

Couldn't find Madonna University in your list
Or
U didn't approve it?
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by FuckTheMods: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
JixNation:

thats the spirit bro. Dont mind them
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by pacespot(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
robosky02:
imagine the Hostel in OAU
and that of Cambridge

Indeed, this is a world apart!!!
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Ellieanna: 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nigerian universities cannot even make top one million

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by pacespot(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Even looking at the number of people viewing this post says a lot about attitude of nigerians towards education and learning.

If it is a post about celebrity or nudity, the views would have clocked 50,000 or above.

This is the kind of post that people are supposed to use to challenge their leaders.

But, unfortunately, nobody is paying attention!

1 Like

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by pacespot(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Even looking at the number of people viewing this post says a lot about attitude of nigerians towards education and learning.

If it is a post about celebrity or nud.ity, the views would have clocked 50,000 or above.

This is the kind of post that people are supposed to use to challenge their leaders.

Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Dam5reey(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2016
pacespot:

If it is a post about celebrity or nud.ity, the views would have clocked 50,000 or above.

It tell you...
Its just a mindset issue... not the schools in Nigerians self...
Nigerians love entertainment pass life..
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Dam5reey(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Judging by the criterias Nigerian universities cannot make it...

We were made to understand that only success in academics will guarantee you your future.. which is not the reality now

Even a drop out from Harvard changed the world thereby increasing the school's rating Globally..
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Rubbish
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by ofwest47(m): 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Do we really have Universities in Nigeria rather what we have are glorified secondary schools when last has any Nigerian University private or public contributed any useful research work to the technological advancements of the world.
Re: World’s Top 1,000 Universities: Nigeria Fails To Make List by raph101(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Not surprised we didn't, would have been dead surprised if we did. We ain't got education in this country, as u can see from my use of English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mountain Top University MEGA Concert (MFM) Eko Hotel (photos) / Adekunle Ajasin University Akoko-akungba Admission List Is Out / Lasu Turns Out 12 First Class As Workers Disrupt Convocation amid tigh security

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.