Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,210 members, 7,839,119 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Amodu Blasts Kanu - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Blasts Kanu (5366 Views)

Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Amodu Blasts His Critics / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
okeey:

“In fact, our players disappointed us because it cannot be because Kanu did not come in in time, that is why we were so careless with the way we played and the way we conceded two goals,” said the former trainer of Orlando Pirates of South Africa.

Kanu did not come on time  angry angry , How can a coach like Amodu set discipline in his team with the Captain's attitude. Attitude reflects leadership ke, Awon psycho
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Mortiple(m): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
Apology NOT ACCEPTED!

A bad workman always querrels with his tools! Why blame Kanu? Useless coach and his employer - NFF. May they NEVER Rest in Peace (Amen)!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by omar22(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
Which part of taking responsibility this guy doesnt understand, slagging his players in public wont help, practically he would easily split the dressing room,

He should jump on the next thing smoking toward Transylvania!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Johnnny(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
omar22:

He should jump on the next thing smoking toward Transylvania!

Why dat place? Is that not the place where dracula use to hunt them?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by dayokanu(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is right, Tunisians used overaged players, the referee was Tunisian, the Nigerian players were fasting
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by NobleOnye(f): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
lamba lamb:

U guyz are shouting over Ahmodu failure but unfortunately u dont know what is going on in Tunisia, dey cancel there fasting so dey could win yet dey draw. The only thing we know in Nigeria is CRITICS, may be one day one of u guyz we get dere, nd u will den know dat no be small tin at all!!

who cares!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by tokunegiye(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
“Kanu should have taken the responsibility and ensured that the game was okay but in football, you don’t apportion too much blames to the players," Amodu said disgustedly after the match which has him criticisms from the sporting press.

Seeoo! is this Amaduoo! watin em thay think na kanu go show the boys how to win or na em joy this guy na fooooloo!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
this is the problem with nigerian coaches . . . they just assemble a bunch of names and say "oya go and show your skills". When they fail they blame the players . . .

What responsibility shld Kanu have taken? A smart coach would have immediately reinforced his midfield, played a lone striker and instructed his players to keep the ball as we were in the lead with less than 5 mins left.

Now everyone is just "blasting" the other.

Let me predict the next headline . . . Yar Adua blasts Sani Lulu.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by bothfeet: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
two words: Bleep amodu
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by chrisical(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Wetin that one sabi for football.Rather than resign for his failure,he is there criticizing one player .
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by sley4life(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
Keep your apology to yourself. The best apology is to resign
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by bee4why(m): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
amodu think he can run us down,do u think so too.yes i do coz i blive there i no more hope. sugest maybe we should concentrate mor on d nation cup and forget about the 2010 stuff. hop am right. grin grin grin cool
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by deb(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
Has Amodu ever accepted blame? He is the most useless coach Nigeria has ever had till date.
A complete mediocre of the highest order!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by fosbiggy(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is a drowning Man ! I am so surprised that he thinks Kanu and IK Uche should have played more than  they did  on that day  against a Humberto Coelho tutored side, who had a game plan. Amodu had no game plan! So the blame now is that Kanu or IK Uche should have provided him with one!./ Anyway  the best apology is to tender his resignation Letter. At theis point in time, that is the only reasonable and honourable thing to do. How do i support the Eagles knowing fully well that Amodu is in charge. An adage in Benin where i come from says " a stone u see coming will never blind your eyes" I will not support Nigeria so long as Amodu is in Charge so i dont get High Blood Pressure. I have suspended my support, until maybe Oliseh or Siasia Comes in and take over Its as simple as that, ofo ne
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Jaybaba(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu you need to be careful not to hurt Nigerians further!
The coach in a football game decides who starts, what game plan is played out (tactics  i.e how do we defend, how do we create chances and how do we score goals?). For him to single out Kanu and Uche and the players for blame is admission of incompetence and buck passing.

The NFF cannot fire him because they employed him when everyone was against it. Now they are trying to justify their faulty decision by letting him stay on.

Nigeria is a failing state. Nothing is working. Football used to be our only happiness but even that now has failed. Two world cups without Nigeria is so painful to bear. Somebody has to take blame and Amodu should take that blame. The NFF should also take some of that blame. So also should the players. I do not think they were hungry for world cup action.

God save Nigeria!
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by ojd(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2009
i dnt knw why in this part of the word we havent heard the word "resignation".if it where to be a white man he would have tendered his resignation from the bench for failing to deliver.amodu should tell his tales to the birds, as for the players they are just bunch of ingrates was it not the national clours that shot them into limelight?now they've let us down when we needed them to deliver which is typical of flying eagles, no commitment!no patriotism!! infact am ashamed of some players in the team. if the likes of beckham could still play with much zeal and passion for mother england what on earth is wrong with our own player.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
If a player is no longer passionate, isnt it th coaches responsibility to bench him?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by mrperfect(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
Nigeria can do better than what they did, but what is going on?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by bidemi12(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2009
when we say make dem take siasia that time dem no gree. na the result we de see now. I still do not know why NFA do not like the best but the rest.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by A40(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2009
That man is a lunatic!!! Whoever hired him should be maimed with a chainsaw since when did coaches start to blame captains before themselves?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by tkb417(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is arrogant and i wonder why?
the arrogant coaches i know in the world are brilliant and we see the results they churn out
SAF, Mourinho, Benitez, comes to ma mind

Amodu is full of himself but alas his skull is filled with sawdusts
no brains

he talks too much, he argues a lot, he makes noise, he throw tantrums, he fails on the pitch, he blames players, he messes with our minds/hearts

he should be sacked and tried in a failed sports tribunal
asswipe is still talking after causing sleepless nights for Nigerians

he must be a donkey
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by fosbiggy(m): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Birds of a Kind flock together.Mediocrity begets mediocrityAmodu is a puppet, Sani Lulu Abdulahi and Taiwo Ogunjobi  are mediocres. If we want to move ahead, lets get into the 1994 Class and get solid football administrators.  Oliseh, Keshi, Amuneke, Siasia, Oliha, Eguavoen , Iroha, Yekini , Rufai, Ezeugo, Okafor, Okechukwu, Emenalo, Ekoku,Amokachi, Ikpeba,Nwanu, Agbonavbare, Agu, Adepoju and George. Any of there could be Super Eagles Coach, and Any of these could be NFF Chairman as well as Head of technical dept, this class first brought Glory to Us by making a serious and meaningful impact at the World Cup, I strongly think that they can do it again. That Class is the Future of Nigerian Football.
It is the name that they made that these present eagles are currently living and feeding on. This is the very class with the midas touch to a purposeful national team
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by koolchicco: 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
This Amadioha(Amodu) sef.Biko mechie onu gi,Ewu! angry
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by chelseabmw(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
Very funny, So kanu is now the problem ehnnnn, This man self na problem e be ooo.All these coaches should learn to accept it when there are wrong, God in heaven,when will NFA or NFF beg samson saisa to coach this players, Dem no dey see road.Abeg eeeee, I can't wait to watch premiership and champions league.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2009
when are we going to learn and get it right.l am really disappointed l thought we learnt from what happened the last time.well we should accept the bitter truth that we are not going to SA 2010
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by samstels: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
Amodu is a total failure and should just resign.

H e should go back to his village and concentrate on yam farming,PDP cannot save him this time.

Kanu is a good player.

Tkx.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by juyajemi: 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2009
why should Amodu resign even though thats the dignifying thing to do b4 he gets the boot?
if Amodu must resign, the lets start frm Mr president himself, and his non performing ministers.

S.A 2010- Nigeria shall miss u, the vuvuzela, the fun etc.
THEN AGAN, SHE MITE JUST BARELY MAKE IT.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by oge4real(f): 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
Who even brought Amodu back to the job? why did Siasia not get the job even after he was successful at the interview?
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by PastorOla1: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2009
what happened to the eagles last saturday was a national disaster, they forgot this is football and not mouthball 2-2 after all said and done. skill alone don't win matches but skill plus real dogged determination with complete knowledge  what is at stake. again we may not going to world cup. let's hope for 2014.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by switchmax8: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2009
the mistake amodu made was for him not to instruct the whole players to defend while they were leading 2-1 because it is dicey to over attack while the time ticks.I wonder if they dont watch my beloved Barcelona how they demolished Manchester United in the final of champions league.all the players suck exclusive of osaze thay played his heart.yobo,adeleye and taiwo were playing as if they were from a broken family that got reunited in abuja stadium.I read it 3days ago on complete sports that Mikel was blaming adeleye for the second goal that they were about fighting before the shameless idiots were separated.In the report adeleye responded by telling mikel that why he himself did not defend the goal
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by davidif: 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2009
Way to deflect the responsibility away from yourself by blaming your player. Mr. Shuaibu Amodu, just resign because you are incredibly incompetent.
Re: Amodu Blasts Kanu by McDoe(m): 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
Our greatest problem is our pride and sense of judgement. For instasnce, before any major match that involves us and any other country, we had already assumed a win for ourselves without considering that there is no such word like 'minor' anymore as far as the round leather game is concern. These attitudes tend to slow down our preparations cum performance. Regrettably, we have failed to always learn. I think we should be more focused on preparations and be determined to win whenever there was a match between Nigeria and any other country. In any case, the Super Eagles have disappointed Nigerians particularly sports lovers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yesterday Best Odds Winning Slips On Merry Bet / eden hazard and theo walcott who is more handsome? / Daily Bet9ja Tips And Suggestions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.