Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,448 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF (14218 Views)

Nigerian Economy May Collapse Soon – Peter Obi / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
they should come and buy nigeria naw. she bi that is what they always want.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Sunnycliff(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mathemagician1:
Everybody is complaining except Adesina and majority of his family.

I know Adeshina will regret those words he said

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
D shrinking sef na small...
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by iamauxin(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jay
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sunnycliff:
All thanks to Buhari for leading us with high speed into economic recession. 1984 fully back. A leopard can never change his spots. Buhari is not too educated to lead this nation but the zombies said they wanted a nepa Bill certificate holder.

IF GEJ was in power now...you would be crying sabotage.

We are a dutch diseased economy. The oil price has just exposed how bad we really are. Which by the way happened back in 1984.

That means PMB has to get us off oil....and into manufacturing. Which means a lot of hard work, and an end to jamboree government. And that is what we should be judging this APC government on, and any government that comes after them.

Selling raw materials and sharing the money is not modern economic thought.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by olumaxi(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mathemagician1:
Everybody is complaining except Adesina and majority of his family.

plus includin liein-mohammed and all dem political thieves......say ye unto d wicked,it shal not b well wit him

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by banmee(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
[size=14pt]Nigeria's economy is reliant on oil

Therefore...

When the oil price shrinks...the economy shrinks.
[/size]

Simple.

That is why Nigeria must stop relying from revenue from oil RAW MATERIALS and start relying on revenue from what we manufacture, what we innovate.

Like for example....why can't we make phones, motorcycles, tv, pc, tablets, etc...and export to the rest of the world.?

Because Nigerians don't think like normal people do.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by meltiplexer: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
Meaning we are very close to our breakthrough,Very soon Nigerian will smile again. Naijabet man say so
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by banmee(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sunnycliff:
All thanks to Buhari for leading us with high speed into economic recession. 1984 fully back. A leopard can never change his spots. Buhari is not too educated to lead this nation but the zombies said they wanted a nepa Bill certificate holder.

I don't know how old you are, but Nigeria has been in a recession since independence. If you disagree, please point to a period in Nigeria's history and show me when Nigeria was ok. Not great. Just ok.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by dadebayo1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Shrink... They acknowledge the economy is shrinking angry grin "shrink further" chaiiii I pray We have the strength to overcome these change.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
ossaisly:
When we see posts like this, we all know what to do.

just blame the last regime.
grin grin grin

I am not a PDP man....but I blame Nigerians for fostering and encouraging an economy that is based on the revenue we earn from selling raw materials.

Problem with that model is that we do not control the prices of the raw materials we sell. So, when prices crash....we end up being broke.

Nigeria will survive if we start doing what sensible nations do....innovation and manufacture(Not assemble, manufacture).The problem is....it means no more awoof projects that you Nigerians love. So....you go on singing for more oil money and more agric products money everyday.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by BlackSeptember: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

Funny, you mean President Buhari should have diversified the economy in a little over a year while we call our past Leaders who did not diversify "heroes" and praise em?
continue blaming the last regime. I can remember how you sang their praise but today ife na eme be oke na eme be ogini

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
banmee:

I don't know how old you are, but Nigeria has been in a recession since independence. If you disagree, please point to a period in Nigeria's history and show me when Nigeria was ok. Not great. Just ok.

Things were ''good '' in the 1970's . But that ''good'' was based on high revenues from high oil prices.

Said oil prices we do not control.

And things have gotten worse. America is no longer importing oil. Everyone is discovering oil. Pirces are going to stay low. So...time we went innovating. Hope APC is hearing. PDP never hear.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by stevecantrell: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Dangerous president
Dangerous cabinet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
funny thing is that. these kind of talks are leading indicators. the economy probably won't sink if they stop saying all these. they are shrinking it deliberately.

if buhari could just legalize gay the economy will get back up. it's a war of words and policies.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by BlackSeptember: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wherete author=Mynd44 post=47471066]
Funny, you mean President Buhari should have diversified the economy in a little over a year while we call our past Leaders who did not diversify "heroes" and praise em? [/quote] continue blaming the last regime. I can remember how you sang their praise but today ife na eme be oke na eme be ogini

Where is tge CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by cococandy(f): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
This is not good news at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by maxwell767(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Change cheesy

Thanks to our change chanting Charlatans.
Since their messiah Buhari came on board, everything has gone negative, When last did you hear good news about Nigeria?.
Believe me when I say 'Buhari is an economic terrorist'.
Let's see if he'll still blame Jonathan for this.
grin bros anytime I see ur comment, e dy sweet me... U no dy carry last

Na that ur signature dy make me notice u

#team *sigh* cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Sunnycliff(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
banmee:

Do you know what really recession is? At least from 2009- 2014, we were not in recession!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by babilicious: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=Mathemagician1 post=47464180]

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/imf-nigeria-s-economy-may-shrink-further/154875.html

My mentor...A woman to emulate. ..you single-handedly made the economy and Finance of this country the best in Africa during your tenure as Finance Minister..(While Arase and Buhari are still confused and floating like a ship without a direction with The economy).. The Brain behind YouWin and Graduate internship scheme GIS..You will always be honoured and respected...Don't know why Buhari can't come down from his high-horse and beg you to come back and help us restructure our Economy. .desperate times require desperate measure..Nigeria is in desperate need of a goal -getter like you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by SeverusSnape(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
maxwell767:
grin bros anytime I see ur comment, e dy sweet me... U no dy carry last

Na that ur signature dy make me notice u

#team *sigh* cheesy
smiley smiley Thanks Boss.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Araoluwa005(m): 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nigeria Economy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by experimentist: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Mynd44:

Funny, you mean President Buhari should have diversified the economy in a little over a year while we call our past Leaders who did not diversify "heroes" and praise em?
make sure say you knack dat drum for that brainless wailer's head. If u miss am e go pain me ooo grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by abbeyty(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
prophet of doom, na him dik go shrink further no be our economy
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Tenkobos(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Hope it won't shrink more than that of a thief man's d......exposed in publiccheesy
You and your obsersion with dicks sha.

Have you fixed your phone?

I have been busy lately.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Kosy79(f): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
PUSH1:
In what ways..

Pdp never changed the power in 16 years?
Why the wailers blaming PMB..
Should will give him 16yrs? Pls have u heard of time-table, calendar e.t.c the reason students have time-table in schools is for each task to be achieved within d range of time given, time tables are made for task to be achieved on time and faster should a school let lecturer to teach chemistry for whole month or year so that students will understand it better?. He knew he can't do magic and there are limits to what he can do due to his age why then did he come out for presidency? Why did he make promises and promise to fulfill them asap he ascend d throne?, we are following his campaign promises and we are even patient cos he has been there for more than a year+ and mind u that d economy wasn't in this state when Jonah left. There is this adage in Igbo that says "bitter leaf will soon see what pounded cocoyam saw in soup", he should do fast.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by AngelAhnie(f): 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tenkobos:
You and your obsersion with sha.

Have you fixed your phone?

I have been busy lately.
Reallyshocked I didn't notice..sorry about that. Nope still managing it.

who ban ugrin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by bloodkiIler: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
[s]
Mynd44:

[/s]
Nonsense
Buhari is a terrorist an illiterate bastard economic bokoharam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by banmee(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Do you know what really recession is? At least from 2009- 2014, we were not in recession!

It is because you are used to the way Nigeria is. Nigeria has always been in a recession. There was never any real growth in the economy. The Government was stealing from peter to pay paul. And by peter, I mean oil. Now that oil revenue is dwindling, the reality is staring every Nigerian in the face. There is nowhere to hide.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
PUSH1:
In what ways..

Pdp never changed the power in 16 years?
Why the wailers blaming PMB..
you needs to be delivered by fire not water. Zombie!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Shrink Further - IMF by babestella: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
Time to relocate to a country with better economic policies, when bubu finish destroying Naija in 2019, we'll all see what remains of this beloved country. Just imagine, uncontrollable Fulani attacks, increase in spate of robbery and murder, increased tempo of propaganda and vengeance to shrinking economy, Nigeria is in deep poo and Buhari and his zombies have no clue on how to revamp the system.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are The Speakers Of The Bauchi And Edo Assemblies Legal Or Illegal? / 2023: Six South Govs Insist On PDP Ticket / PDP Crisis: Atiku Sends Adamawa Gov To Wike, Meeting Deadlocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.