Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! (5105 Views)

FFK: Pregnant Christian Woman Burnt Alive By Fulani Terrorists (Graphic Pics) / List Of Factories Commissioned Since 2015 By Lauretta Onochie / Security Agents At The Bomb-Making Factories In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 2:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
In the video, male chicks are ground alive by an Egg Factory! The managements of Egg Factories that carry out such barbaric act argue that the male chicks are useless to them, that the chicks cannot lay eggs for them and they wouldn't want to waste money in rearing them to adults. As such, the male chicks are ground alive in millions every year!

Who will save these innocent chicks from yearly gruesome murder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMm5uwbnG9Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Emmatdayo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
OP watin be ur own nw na ur mama born the chickens? grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emmatdayo:
OP watin be ur own nw na ur mama born the chickens? grin grin grin grin grin

It's not funny at all!

The fact that they are animals does not mean we should murder them like that!

That is genocide!

4 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Amberon11: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
oo
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
Somebody should please help us inform our President, the Senate President, the Speaker of the House, the Ministers, Governors and other politicians to take up the issue and report to UN! This is genocide!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Emmatdayo(m): 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

It's not funny at all!

The fact that they are animals does not mean we should murder them like that!

That is genocide!
so wat do u suggest they do about chickens they dnt need undecided

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
Emmatdayo:
so wat do u suggest they do about chickens they dnt need undecided

Some people would need them somewhere!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Emmatdayo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

Some people would need them somewhere!
true talk

2 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
If human babies are murdered like that, there would be rampage around the world!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:
If human babies are murdered like that, there would be rampage around the world!

shocked
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

That's why these are male chicks and NOT HUMANS! How on earth is it genocide?

Have you considered vegetarianism?

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

Have you watched the video? If not, watch the video first!

Animals are not to be killed in such a barbaric way! It's too gruesome! Besides, just killing them simply because you don't need them is wickedness! Why bringing them into the world in the first place? It's just like killing a newborn baby after birth simply because you feel you don't have enough money to take care of the baby!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

It is genocide simply because it involves mass gruesome killing!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

I think you are insensitive to the plight of humans facing genocide by referring to the simple CULLING of excess male chickens as genocide.

Have you tried rehabilitating these chickens on the verge of extinction by 'genocide'?

2 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

I think you are insensitive to the plight of humans facing genocide by referring to the simple CULLING of excess male chickens as genocide.
Have you tried rehabilitating these chickens on the verge of extinction by 'genocide'?

I'm not! I'm not happy at all seeing both people and animals suffering!

You called that SIMPLE CULLING?

I'm speechless!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
CRUELTY to animals is a CRIME!

Even the bible does not permit the burning of animals or putting them in fire without them being dead and their blood properly shed!

Their throat should first be slit.

Then other things can follow.

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by mbhs139(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

Animal Communities

The Quran describes that animals form communities, just as humans do:
"There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end"

If someone kills a sparrow for sport, the sparrow will cry out on the Day of Judgment, “O Lord! That person killed me in vain! He did not kill me for any useful purpose” (Sunnan An Nasai)

The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said, “Whoever kills a sparrow or anything bigger than that without a just cause, God will hold him accountable on the Day of Judgment.” The listeners asked, “O Messenger of God, what is a just cause?” He replied, “That he will kill it to eat, not simply to chop off its head and then throw it away” (Sunnan An Nasai).

Islam expects humankind to treat all animals (all living creatures - birds, sea creatures, and insects) with respect and dignity. Prophet Muhammad continuously advised people to show kindness. He forbade the practice of cutting tails and manes of horses, of branding animals at any soft spot, and of keeping horses saddled unnecessarily. “Fear God in your treatment of animals” (Abu Dawood).

However, refraining from physical cruelty is not enough; abstaining from mental cruelty is equally as important. Even a bird’s emotional distress should be treated seriously. One of Prophet Muhammad’s companions narrates, “We were on a journey and during the Prophet’s absence, we saw a bird with its two chicks; we took them. The mother bird was circling above us in the air, beating its wings in grief. When Prophet Muhammad returned he said, “Who has hurt the feelings of this bird by taking its chicks? Return them to her”

In pre Islamic times, pagan superstitions and polytheistic practices included acts of torture and cruelty to animals. Islam condemned this and put a stop to all such practices. When Prophet Muhammad and his companions migrated to Medina, they noticed that people cut off camels’ humps and the fat tails of sheep for food. The Prophet forbade them from them from doing this and said, “Whatever is cut off an animal while it is still alive, is carrion and is unlawful to eat.” (At-Tirmidhi)

In Islam, the rules pertaining to slaughtering animals are very strict and fixed. Protecting animals from pain and undue suffering is paramount.

“God has ordained kindness (and excellence) in everything. If the killing (of animals) is to be done, do it in the best manner, and when you slaughter, do it in the best manner by first sharpening the knife, and putting the animal at ease.” (Saheeh Muslim)

"When you set your dog (for the chase), mention the name of God if he catches the game, and you reach it while it is still alive, cut, its throat quickly (so it won’t suffer)” (Saheeh Bukhari & Muslim)

2 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2016
MrOlai:

I'm not! I'm not happy at all seeing both people and animals surffering!

You called that SIMPLE CULLING?

I'm speechless!

Yes, I called it that.

It's CULLING. It's what any reasonable people do when fauna population exceed bearable limits. It's a waste of resources breeding such chicks till maturity when one doesn't run a butchery.

Don't tell me you don't kill flies or mosquitoes.

But what steps have you taken in rehabilitating these soon to be extinct male chicks ( that sounds funny)?

You should direct this righteous indignation to humans facing genocide in Nigeria, since saving chicks that will end up in pots anyway is not worth it. Or will the chickens show you gratitude as cockerels on your barbecue?

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
mbhs139:

Animal Communities
"There is not an animal that lives on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but they form communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they all shall be gathered to their Lord in the end"
If someone kills a sparrow for sport, the sparrow will cry out on the Day of Judgment, “O Lord! That person killed me in vain! He did not kill me for any useful purpose” (Sunnan An Nasai)
The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said, “Whoever kills a sparrow or anything bigger than that without a just cause, God will hold him accountable on the Day of Judgment.” The listeners asked, “O Messenger of God, what is a just cause?” He replied, “That he will kill it to eat, not simply to chop off its head and then throw it away” (Sunnan An Nasai).
Islam expects humankind to treat all animals (all living creatures - birds, sea creatures, and insects) with respect and dignity. Prophet Muhammad continuously advised people to show kindness. He forbade the practice of cutting tails and manes of horses, of branding animals at any soft spot, and of keeping horses saddled unnecessarily. “Fear God in your treatment of animals” (Abu Dawood).
However, refraining from physical cruelty is not enough; abstaining from mental cruelty is equally as important. Even a bird’s emotional distress should be treated seriously. One of Prophet Muhammad’s companions narrates, “We were on a journey and during the Prophet’s absence, we saw a bird with its two chicks; we took them. The mother bird was circling above us in the air, beating its wings in grief. When Prophet Muhammad returned he said, “Who has hurt the feelings of this bird by taking its chicks? Return them to her”
In pre Islamic times, pagan superstitions and polytheistic practices included acts of torture and cruelty to animals. Islam condemned this and put a stop to all such practices. When Prophet Muhammad and his companions migrated to Medina, they noticed that people cut off camels’ humps and the fat tails of sheep for food. The Prophet forbade them from them from doing this and said, “Whatever is cut off an animal while it is still alive, is carrion and is unlawful to eat.” (At-Tirmidhi)
In Islam, the rules pertaining to slaughtering animals are very strict and fixed. Protecting animals from pain and undue suffering is paramount.
“God has ordained kindness (and excellence) in everything. If the killing (of animals) is to be done, do it in the best manner, and when you slaughter, do it in the best manner by first sharpening the knife, and putting the animal at ease.” (Saheeh Muslim)
"When you set your dog (for the chase), mention the name of God if he catches the game, and you reach it while it is still alive, cut, its throat quickly (so it won’t suffer)” (Saheeh Bukhari & Muslim)

Hmmmm! Thanks for your contribution.

I'm amazed!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

Yes, I called it that.
It's CULLING. It's what any reasonable people do when fauna population exceed bearable limits. It's a waste of resources breeding such chicks till maturity when one doesn't run a butchery

That is heartlessness! Instead of subjecting them to brutal killings simply because you don't want to waste resources, why not give them out to those in need of them who would be ready to rear them?

Tellemall:

Killing flies or mosquitoes is not the same as killing innocent chicks that have done no harm. In fact, chicks are there to benefit us with protein when they become adult chickens. Why being cruel to them for goodness sake?

Tellemall:

But what steps have you taken in rehabilitating these soon to be extinct male chicks ( that sounds funny)?

The fact that the chicks are not endangered does not mean we should subject them to brutal killing!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Boyedex: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

Yes, I called it that.

It's CULLING. It's what any reasonable people do when fauna population exceed bearable limits. It's a waste of resources breeding such chicks till maturity when one doesn't run a butchery.

You should direct this righteous indignation to humans facing genocide in Nigeria, since saving chicks that will end up in pots anyway is not worth it. Or will the chickens show you gratitude as cockerels on your barbecue?
You simply brought out the technical term for this process and unfortunately that changes nothing. Yes it's culling. But how was the culling done? Just so you know, there are ethical issues surrounding how you handle animals in saner climes. You don't just gather a group of "unwanted" birds and shred them alive in the name of culling. You can be prosecuted. That's what the op is talking about and that's what you should address.

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Tellemall:

Whether human or animal, we should not be cruel to any of them! We should be kind to both humans and animals! Even though chickens would still end up in our pots, we should not maltreat them or subject them to brutal killings!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
Boyedex:
You simply brought out the technical term for this process and unfortunately that changes nothing. Yes it's culling. But how was the culling done? Just so you know, there are ethical issues surrounding how you handle animals in saner climes. You don't just gather a group of "unwanted" birds and shred them alive in the name of culling. You can be prosecuted . That's what the op is talking about and that's what you should address.

God bless you!
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Akious2k2(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
mbhs139:

Animal Communities

Islam touches all aspects of life

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2016
MrOlai:

That is heartlessness! Instead of subjecting them to brutal killings simply because you don't want to waste resources, why not give them out to those in need of them who would be ready to rear them?

Killing flies or mosquitoes is not the same as killing innocent chicks that have done no harm. In fact, chicks are there to benefit us with protein when they become adult chickens. Why being cruel to them for goodness sake?

The fact that the chicks are not endangered does not mean we should subject them to brutal killing!

You seem genuinely touched by the killing of these chicks.

I do not share the same empathy for these chicks.

But I like your passion for them. Your shock is so shocking!

But, like I said, CULLING is CULLING. It's the same way people abort (I do not justify that) when they feel they cannot cater to the needs of the coming child. However, these are just chickens. It may be criminal, but they aren't humans. Several reasons warrant that culling .

I'm not sure if the company who owns the chickens should be the one searching for buyers of the chicks. Buyers should be the ones looking for them. And I guess there is no market for such fragile creatures that doesn't bring more expenses to the companies that produce these eggs.

@Boyedex, I brought out the technical name for a simple process that is continuously going on. If we rear too many chickens they say we're contributing to GHGs. If we save us the pain of that, they say it's cruelty! I don't need to address the economic and environmental demerits of keeping those male chicks alive. It's not good for business keeping them alive, or they would have been kept alive.

Even the government supports culling in certain instances, so I do not see what they would expect one to do with excess chickens. There's only one way to cull and you know it. Or shall we introduce gas chambers for these feathered friends? Or do we line them up, one for Monday and two for Tuesday, because that's not a mass killing?

But have you cared for humans facing genocide, Boyedex, rather than reminding me that CULLING, of all necessary things, is criminal?

2 Likes

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2016
Tellemall:

But, like I said, CULLING is CULLING. It's the same way people abort (I do not justify that) when they feel they cannot cater to the needs of the coming child. However, these are just chickens. It may be criminal, but they aren't humans. Several reasons warrant that culling .
I'm not sure if the company who owns the chickens should be the one searching for buyers of the chicks. Buyers should be the ones looking for them. And I guess there is no market for such fragile creatures that doesn't bring more expenses to the companies that produce these eggs.
@Boyedex, I brought out the technical name for a simple process that is continuously going on. If we rear too many chickens they say we're contributing to GHGs. If we save us the pain of that, they say it's cruelty! I don't need to address the economic and environmental demerits of keeping those male chicks alive. It's not good for business keeping them alive, or they would have been kept alive.
Even the government supports culling in certain instances, so I do not see what they would expect one to do with excess chickens. There's only one way to cull and you know it. Or shall we introduce gas chambers for these feathered friends? Or do we line them up, one for Monday and two for Tuesday, because that's not a mass killing?
But have you cared for humans facing genocide, Boyedex, rather than reminding me that CULLING, of all necessary things, is criminal?

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2016
MrOlai:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lol.

You're so soft I could swear you're a chocolate fudge cake on legs.

Come on, don't make me the monster in here. smiley
Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Boyedex: 9:28am On Jul 13, 2016
Tellemall:

Mr man. It's obvious you cannot touch the point the op has made. Else you wouldn't merry-go-round it without essence. You have reiterated severally on this thread that you know what culling is. I think what you need to educate yourself more on is the ethics surrounding this common process. You will probably learn other methods of killing animals without some gruesome shredding. Rather than using this discussion to learn/improve on your comic skills and questioning styles.
In the end, when you put effort to thoughts, you'll get an answer to your funny and weird question on whether I care about killing of humans in any form of it.

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Tellemall: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2016
Boyedex:
Mr man. It's obvious you cannot touch the point the op has made. Else you wouldn't merry-go-round it without essence. You have reiterated severally on this thread that you know what culling is. I think what you need to educate yourself more on is the ethics surrounding this common process. You will probably learn other methods of killing animals without some gruesome shredding. Rather than using this discussion to learn/improve on your comic skills and questioning styles.
In the end, when you put effort to thoughts, you'll get an answer to your funny and weird question on whether I care about killing of humans in any form of it.

Ethics on culling?

Pray, tell us, how do people cull if not by killing? If I kill one on Monday and five on Thursday and two on Friday, has that changed the fact that I'm still offing excess animals? Or are there now ethics for killing? The halal method of culling excess chickens, perhaps.

I do not seek to give you comic relief. I simply wish you would get over the fact that animals get killed when there are too many of them and nobody needs them. That is the point. Nobody wants them and so they get killed. What has ethics to do with things that are destined for death one way or the other?

Once I don't see it your way, it means I've got to need more education on it, right?

*Sneers at what you think is intelligence*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by Boyedex: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tellemall:

Ethics on culling?

Pray, tell us, how do people cull if not by killing? If I kill one on Monday and five on Thursday and two on Friday, has that changed the fact that I'm still offing excess animals? Or are there now ethics for killing? The halal method of culling excess chickens, perhaps.

I do not seek to give you comic relief. I simply wish you would get over the fact that animals get killed when there are too many of them and nobody needs them. That is the point. Nobody wants them and so they get killed. What has ethics to do with things that are destined for death one way or the other?

Once I don't see it your way, it means I've got to need more education on it, right?

*Sneers at what you think is intelligence*

I would have called your first question senseless but I'll rather help you ask it in a better way just so maybe you get the drift.
"What method of killing is more appropriate when culling?" If that don't still make sense to you? Then the following will be my last response to you.
You seem to just be focused on wanting your chicks dead without recourse to how it's done. This is the ethics being considered here that you find difficult to fathom.
Maceration is the approach used in the video up there. The proponents of it believe it kills the birds instantly. Those against it believe it still induces some sort of pain on the birds before death. Anyways, a commercial macerator that is efficient will do the job. There are several other methods such as gasing with CO2, electrocution and cervical dislocation. They all have their problems too. Hence, the new sense of direction is driven towards in-ovo gender identification where gender is determined before hatching in the first place.
So what I asked you to address in the first place, which the op was referring to, is the approach to the killing.
Calling culling severally over the thread definitely called no reasoning to the argument. No pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Male Chicks Ground Alive By Egg Factories! (Graphic Video)! by MrOlai: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
Man Sentenced To 9 Months In Prison After Cat Found Spray Painted, Abused.
http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/man-sentenced-to-9-months-after-cat-found-spray-painted-abused

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria National Symbols You Must Know / Enugu: APC Assembly Candidates Disown Call For Polls Postponement / Ekiti Assembly Passes Board Of Internal Revenue Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.