Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,334 members, 7,957,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. (14263 Views)

Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release / How POKEMON GO Was Created- Afriwap.com / Funny Pokemon Go Memes Players Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
I guess many of you have already heard about the latest Nintendo mobile game known as Pokemon Go. Though, it has only been launched officially in just three countries at the moment, due to this fact if you try searching for the game in the Play Store or App Store you won’t get any sensible result. For now, the supported countries only include Australia, New Zealand, and the US.

Pokemon Go is said to be one of the most successful games this year as it has gained popularity over the roof in the last few days. The game is a location based augmented reality game which you need to catch Pokemons and also dominate territories.

As much as this game is interesting, it is not available in many other countries apart from the ones mentioned above at the moment.

Pokemon Go Delayed Global Launch Due To Current Server Overload

News reaching us according to publishers, the global launch of the game is being delayed due to a server overload. It is said that the number of players the game has gathered in the last few days has exceeded what the developers envisaged

Players in the supported countries are presently experiencing glitches, and also launch in other parts of the world has been postponed until the problem is fixed... Continue Reading post and also see how to Install Pokemon Go on your device.
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Dclique(m): 3:01am On Jul 14, 2016
Download the Pokemon Go APK File , Install and play on your Android Device.

4 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Dclique:
Download the Pokemon Go APK File , Install and play on your Android Device.
Nice one
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Dclique(m): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2016
dogstyle007:
Nice one
You're welcome!
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by annacheem: 3:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
what is even the game about self

2 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2016
annacheem:
lol... read the complete post u will understand it.... there is a video included also for u to understand what the game is all about
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by peteonline: 4:44am On Jul 15, 2016

But wait, there are loads of APKs out there...can get you the Pokemon go game irrespective of your area. But I am not going to share the links because most of them contains harmful malwares which is not good for your health, no for your mobile device.

http://www.mymobnet.com/how-to-download-and-install-the-pokemon-go-game-nigeria-india-uk-china-kenya-tanzania-egypt-israel-etc/

Just so that you know. DownloDad APK from Google Play only or at most from trusted sites.
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
peteonline:

http://www.mymobnet.com/how-to-download-and-install-the-pokemon-go-game-nigeria-india-uk-china-kenya-tanzania-egypt-israel-etc/

Just so that you know. DownloDad APK from Google Play only or at most from trusted sites.
Yeah you are right about this.. its safer to download from the Play Store or App Store
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by clans(f): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2016
I doubt it's going to work in Nigeria.
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Smeeky(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Its not working
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by midasbliss(f): 8:47am On Jul 17, 2016
nothing special, it's just a game enjoying its time of popularity... If e like make e no dey available for Nigerians...

5 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 10:34am On Jul 17, 2016
midasbliss:
nothing special, it's just a game enjoying its time of popularity... If e like make e no dey available for Nigerians...
lol.... you're very funny... i guess you ain't a game lover then.. smiley
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2016
Smeeky:
Its not working
did you follow the steps in the link? like switching to U.S account?
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2016
clans:
I doubt it's going to work in Nigeria.
why did you say so?
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by midasbliss(f): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2016
dogstyle007:
lol.... you're very funny... i guess you ain't a game lover then.. smiley
lol... overhyped stuff... Im not anyway....

3 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2016
midasbliss:
lol... overhyped stuff... Im not anyway....
hmmmm i see... anyways i guess its for game lovers and peeps that don't have work.... lol

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by matrixx9(m): 10:56am On Jul 17, 2016
My Advice to anyone viewing this thread.. Do not download Pokémon go until it's legally available in Nigeria. I'm a Tech Blogger and I must say to the OP, I am quite disappointed. You didn't even remember to tell people that most of the versions of the game that's not available on Playstore are filled with Malware And viruses that are used by hackers. Recently, the HummingBad virus has been hitting android devices. The virus continously shows pop up adverts on Android devices and earn money for one hacking group based in China and most versions of the game are infected with this . The HummingBad virus currently has no permanent solution apart from flashing the firmware of the phone again...
You're too concerned about getting traffic to your site without putting safety of users first. This is very disappointing.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2016
matrixx9:
My Advice to anyone viewing this thread.. Do not download Pokémon go until it's legally available in Nigeria. I'm a Tech Blogger and I must say to the OP, I am quite disappointed. You didn't even remember to tell people that most of the versions of the game that's not available on Playstore are filled with Malware And viruses that are used by hackers. Recently, the HummingBad virus has been hitting android devices. The virus continously shows pop up adverts on Android devices and earn money for one hacking group based in China and most versions of the game are infected with this . The HummingBad virus currently has no permanent solution apart from flashing the firmware of the phone again...
You're too concerned about getting traffic to your site without putting safety of users first. This is very disappointing.
I understand what you're saying but that information about the virus ish is included in the post.... did you read the full post?

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Awoofawo(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2016
annacheem:

If you download that game just know that you signoff your privacy to the Big Bro!

By law google and other similar coys are barred from capturing anything under building roofs/ within 4 walls of a building but now with that game you are making their job easier................ Do not complain when compromising picture of you show up somewhere online.............

cool

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2016
Awoofawo:

If you download that game just know that you signoff your privacy to the Big Bro!

By law google and other similar coys are barred from capturing anything under building roofs/ within 4 early but now with that game you are make their job easier................ Do not complain when compromising picture of you show up somewhere online.............

cool
Yeah you're right about this but here's a thread that talks about how to fix that issue https://www.nairaland.com/3224354/pokemon-go-snooping-google-account
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by leahcimzil: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2016
the game integrates wit yur map, so i Doubt if it's gonna work in Naija
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by badbros(m): 11:30am On Jul 17, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by badbros(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2016
leahcimzil:
the game integrates wit yur map, so i Doubt if it's gonna work in Naija
It works, just few hiccups like pokestop cry not too many, any others
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2016
badbros:

It works, just few hiccups like pokestop cry not too many, any others
Did you try using a vpn?
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 17, 2016
midasbliss:
no mind them, Nigerians na copy copy slaves... if na Nigerian guy create the game them no go hype am o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Kinstein: 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2016
Who cares about that boring game

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by midasbliss(f): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lexxyfund:
no mind them, Nigerians na copy copy slaves... if na Nigerian guy create the game them no go hype am o
lol
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
Why is this game so popular. What's the fuss about it. Half of reddit's frontpage is about PockemonGo

2 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by dogstyle007(m): 1:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pushas:
Why is this game so popular. What's the fuss about it. Half of reddit's frontpage is about PockemonGo
lol.... as if the game gives them money sef...

2 Likes

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by Mizzzbeee(f): 2:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Smeeky:
Its not working
THIS IS A BIG LIE IT WORKS IN NIGERIA...GUYS IN MY OFFICE PLAY THIS GAME ON THEIR FONES

1 Like

Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by lewispius: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2016
who has downloaded it??
Oya
i nid screenshots
Re: Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. by major466(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
Pushas:
I wonder. Aljazira did some news about it this morning. South Koreans are crazy about pokemon go. Still can't understand why grown adults are obsessed with a computer game meant for little children.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Beware ! Your Smart Phone May Be Teaching You Bad English / Get It Bigger And Faster With Gionee M6 Mirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.