Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. (53725 Views)

Impunity Is A Forgone Past In Imo Pdp - Ahanonu / Breaking New: No Formal Independence Address And No March Past In Ebonyi / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Stanleysteno(m): 10:33am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Growing up: Do you remember eating this? Share your experience.

We call it esunsun(Dont no the English), they fly around in the night during rainy season and they're attracted to fluorescent bulbs, halogen lamps and so on. We capture them using brooms, we put them in bowl/bucket of water and fry with salt, pepper etc.
Ate it today, delicious....
@explorer it's called winged termite
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by tinktanker: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Final check, preparation for Queen Elizabeth visit, 1956.
apes obey!
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Explorers(m): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Audrinakane:
Nice thread explorers keep it up. This thread is amazing. Nigeria would have been great if we had put tribalism and religious differences aside. There was once a country cry

Sure.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by martinsrichie(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Good old day!! !!!
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
please steal it and sell to me, am a collector
cupidhero:

My dad owns about 6 ivory bracelets.
I will surely advise him to bury or throw it away. Elephants were almost hunted into extinction in the name of fashion. If him no troway the bracelet make him find who him go dash am cos i ain't wearing something like that in the future.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by donnie(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Police on parade Northern Nigeria, 1948.

grin grin
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by donnie(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
A lion keeper with cubs at the Zoological garden, University of Ibadan. 1971.

E b like na groundnut and cornflakes lion dey chop those days. cheesy
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by laudate: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
gartamanta:
This what people say when they have no superior argument. History is there and the fact remains that Gowon caused the war by going against the Aburi agreement he signed in Ghana

Your mission to derail this thread with your propaganda will NOT succeed. Abeg, swerve! Explorer, resume your posts please. cheesy
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by laudate: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2017
Rockyrascal:
lipton for 75k, shocked

75 kobo. It was less than 1 naira. Or didn't you grow up to see them using coins as a means of legal tender? cheesy
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Rockyrascal(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2017
laudate:

75 kobo. It was less than 1 naira. Or didn't you grow up to see them using coins as a means of legal tender? cheesy
cheesy I for say o, whether if u drink d lipton u no go thirst again.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Aderupoko2: 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Waoh
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by donnie(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Workers on top of groundnuts. Kano, 1965.

Before they became corrupted by niger delta oil.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by obaaderemi: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2017
laudate:

A bottle of 35cl coke was just N1 in 1990 if my memory serves me well.You wouldn't even buy teabags of lipton way back then,you would buy a pack.One naira could buy stuffs then.A DC comic then at utc stores,dugbe in ibadan was 6naira and a tintin comic was 25naira.The last time i saw tintin comic at shoprite,it was 1600naira.even with my humble background,i could save money and buy those things on my own as a child.i just pity today's kids with humble backgrounds.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by laudate: 4:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
obaaderemi:
A bottle of 35cl coke was just N1 in 1990 if my memory serves me well.You wouldn't even buy teabags of lipton way back then,you would buy a pack.One naira could buy stuffs then.A DC comic then at utc stores,dugbe in ibadan was 6naira and a tintin comic was 25naira.The last time i saw tintin comic at shoprite,it was 1600naira.even with my humble background,i could save money and buy those things on my own as a child.i just pity today's kids with humble backgrounds.

Oga, if you don't mind my asking - just how old are you? cheesy
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Very nice pics from years gone by...if we have better leaders only God knows how developed Nigeria will be now
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by obaaderemi: 5:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
laudate:

Oga, if you don't mind my asking - just how old are you? cheesy
37 .It's just that the rate at which things nosedived saddens me and makes me feel I am no longer in the same country where i grew up,though even then i didnt think i was living in a good society,but then things were cheap and power supply was good.I am talking about early 90s nigeria.Now explorer's thread shows us it was even better in the 60s and 70s.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by happen2: 5:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
God bless you explorer.!!!

2 Likes

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by anaton(m): 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
Explorers:
Biafran fighter beating his enemy, 1968.

Beating the spirit of one Nigeria out of him. grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Menace2Society(m): 12:11am On Feb 25, 2017
Emperormartin:

Onyeka Onwenu must be a runs girl
undecided
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by donnie(m): 8:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Explorers:
Hyena being trained in Jos, 1923

They covered its mouth... how do they expect it to express itself?

1 Like

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by laudate: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
37 .It's just that the rate at which things nosedived saddens me and makes me feel I am no longer in the same country where i grew up,though even then i didnt think i was living in a good society,but then things were cheap and power supply was good.I am talking about early 90s nigeria.Now explorer's thread shows us it was even better in the 60s and 70s.

Thanks for your response. I understand what you mean. I truly do. I pray Nigeria gets better soon, for all of us. undecided
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
Tribalism happened to it.But I like to believe that january 1966 coup did us a lot of hurt,and the civil war too.

The Civil war was just an excuse to openly show how much hate the different tribes had for themselves.

This clip of Ahmadu Bello talking on job opportunity to southerners made me realize there was never a country. Maybe Southern Nigerian could have been one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA

1 Like

Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by Omoluabi16(m): 10:20am On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by uckennety(m): 9:06am On Mar 29, 2017
cupidhero:

My dad owns about 6 ivory bracelets.
I will surely advise him to bury or throw it away. Elephants were almost hunted into extinction in the name of fashion. If him no troway the bracelet make him find who him go dash am cos i ain't wearing something like that in the future.

Do you know How much it cost?
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by cupidhero(m): 9:08am On Mar 29, 2017
uckennety:

Do you know How much it cost?
No idea....Too many fakes in the market and some made of bone can also be sold as ivory.
Re: Historical Nigeria: A Rare Look Into The Past In Fascinating Photos. by uckennety(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2017
cupidhero:

No idea....Too many fakes in the market and some made of bone can also be sold as ivory.

My dear your a millionaire but u don't know!

A lot. Of fake gold out there just meet someone dt knows it's true worth

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS protests: Police Assist Protesters With Their Vehicles / Reno Omokri Leads 'Harass Buhari Out Of New York' Protest (Pictures, Video) / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.