Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Govt Will Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy- Okorocha Tells Striking Judiciary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Will Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy- Okorocha Tells Striking Judiciary (346 Views)

Stop Developing Abuja, Kano - Okorocha Tells Ndigbo / I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers / No Work, No Pay, FG Tells Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Govt Will Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ Policy- Okorocha Tells Striking Judiciary by Newsbreakers: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Governor Rochas Okorocha read the riot act yesterday when the Imo State Council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, played host to him at the Press Centre, Owerri. “The judiciary workers in the state have been on strike for several weeks now. I want to warn them immediately that this administration will now adopt the policy of no work, no pay for as long as they fail to return to work.
Okorocha said “I will use their salaries for the development of the state”.

Addressing the protests engineered by the demolition of people’s homes and business outfits in and around Owerri municipality, Okorocha vowed to continue with what his administration was doing. “I am looking ahead for the state. I am not deterred by the protests or what people say or write in the papers about this administration. People can say what they like, while I will continue to do what I think best for the state,” the governor warned. Answering a question on the proposed relocation of the Owerri Main Market, Governor Okorocha said he would not go back on the plan. “That market will be relocated to Egbeada. I know Vanguard will not like this proposal but it is a programme that must be accomplished,” Okorocha said.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Women Protest Against Dino Melaye In Lagos / Can We Really Fight Corruption In Nigeria? / Nigerian Youths Political Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.