Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. (1517 Views)

Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / How To Check Where JAMB Have Posted You For Admission / Help:jamb Have Not Sent Me My Exam Center Till Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Lordmykel(m): 12:22am On Jul 13, 2016
This is why i support Federal Government and JAMB.

I think Unical's usual 7,000 naira post-utme fee is too much for post-utme even more than the 6,500 i paid for jamb.
Things are not going easy these days and no one knows how our parents toil to get the money.

The buhari administration means good for the Candidates . After-all its JAMB that will be giving admission and if you are not among the highest scoring 45% to be admitted on merit you may be on the highest scoring 35% for catchment area or the highest scoring 20% EDLS not forgetting the 10% DE for that course in that university, or you will be referred to another university. Making ALMOST everyone who had above 180 to get admission on that prefered course of yours.

But when there is aptitude test (post utme) there are lots of corruption. I can remember a friend told me her parents paid a certain amount for her to get 350 in unical's last post-utme because she scored quite low in jamb and today she is a civil law student in unical dening some who wrote on their own admission.

After a guy in my street learnt i wrote UTME, he came up to me and told me he could help me score higher in aptitude test so i could get admission easily, when we talked more and i asked how, he said he was going to write post-utme for me or leak me with the questions before the examination date, ofcause not for free.

This is corruption and i go with the scrapping of post-utme and agree that JAMB should do the admission themselves.

last year my very close friend applied for medcine and surgery, he scored 251 in UTME(jamb) and 280 in Unical's post utme, having an average of 265.5 when medicine's cut off in unical was 263 plus the fact that he is an indigene he was not given admission neither was he redirected to another department, another friend told us his name was probably crossed out and replaced on the admission list since they usually do that when other candidates bring a sum to buy the admission.

So if you do not have money or know anyone in the university, your chances of getting admitted is by grace.....

And now FG has come to recognize the poor, brilliant and straight-forward

God bless president buhari's regime, God bless Nigeria.

THANK YOU, a jambite.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Kenneth205(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2016
To some extent, I concur with you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by druxy(m): 6:31am On Jul 13, 2016
naija sha...so you guys have forgotten how this year's jamb was easily....I suppose yab you op...buh make ah no vent my frustration on you..it would have been good if something was done about the jamb initially... those with low scores and high scores by errorwhat's gonn' happen

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by DrayZee: 9:10am On Jul 13, 2016
druxy:
naija sha...so you guys have forgotten how this year's jamb was easily....I suppose yab you op...buh make ah no vent my frustration on you..it would have been good if something was done about the jamb initially... those with low scores and high scores by errorwhat's gonn' happen
Maybe this year's Jamb favoured him. That's why he can think like this.

OP, I understand the point you are trying to make, but the truth is, the corruption observed in Post UTME is no different from that in Utme. Infact, that of the UTME is worse.

Firstly, there were examination centres where you could pay to recieve answers to questions. Do people engaged in such deserve admission?

Then, there are centres whose candidates experienced technical difficulties. These are people who would, ordinarily have aced the exam. Must one year of their lives be truncated because of the incompetence of a silly body?

Then, there is the case of inappropriate recompense of marks...First, Jamb added some marks to some students, because they said there was a mistake. So why then did they later remove the marks? Then, there are those whose scores were in no way a reflection of what they put into the exam...What will happen to these ones?

The reality is that this year's UTME is not a credible one, and as such, the fate of our future generation should not be based solely in it's hands. Additon of Post UTME is taking the lesser of two evils. Take these factors into consideration before you make a conclusion like that.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by klef2baba(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2016
what about those people seeking for admission with awaiting result lyk my cousin too bad jamb score 205 just waste
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by davbravo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
what you've forgotten is that the carrying capacity of all institutions( Universities, poly, COE, etc) in Nigeria is not upto 700 thousand......And how many millions of students wrote jamb this year.. so even if students are posted to other institutions not everyone can be admitted...what if u stay in the south and you're posted faraway to the north or to a university you can't afford...... though am not against the new policy but it's not transparent... they should have atleast released the cutoffs for each department of the various institutions..... now we're having a situation whereby a candidate who scored 201 is posted and another candidate that scored 240 who is also from a catchment area not been posted, though I don't know the reason for this(maybe they're still uploading the names) but if at the end that person is not posted then how'll agree it's not transparent...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by odubiyi39(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice piece OP.... Meanwhile, do u av copyright restriction for your signature?...'Cos I'll like to copy it... *winks*
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by odubiyi39(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Nice piece OP.... Meanwhile, do u av copyright restriction for your signature?...'Cos I'll like to copy it... *winks*
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
davbravo:
what you've forgotten is that the carrying capacity of all institutions( Universities, poly, COE, etc) in Nigeria is not upto 700 thousand......And how many millions of students wrote jamb this year.. so even if students are posted to other institutions not everyone can be admitted...what if u stay in the south and you're posted faraway to the north or to a university you can't afford...... though am not against the new policy but it's not transparent... they should have atleast released the cutoffs for each department of the various institutions..... now we're having a situation whereby a candidate who scored 201 is posted and another candidate that scored 240 who is also from a catchment area not been posted, though I don't know the reason for this(maybe they're still uploading the names) but if at the end that person is not posted then how'll agree it's not transparent...

God bless you my bruv....point is..dey should release a cut off instead of randomly picking students. to the op forgive me but u lack common sense....

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by bolaji3071(m): 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
zaragal:

God bless you my bruv....point is..dey should release a cut off instead of randomly picking students. to the op forgive me but u lack common sense....

Zaragal, I guess you haven't been posted yet. No wonder you said the op lacks common sense for sharing his own opinion..but the question is, will you also say this if you were to have been posted?

To the op. May God continue to increase your knowledge. Nice article you've got there. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
This method is not that bad, but JAMB should look into the technical area of conducting their UTME
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Lordmykel(m): 5:51am On Jul 14, 2016
klef2baba:
what about those people seeking for admission with awaiting result lyk my cousin too bad jamb score 205 just waste

if he has been considered my JAMB, there is no problem, your only problem is if he does not make his Weac or Neco
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Lordmykel(m): 5:53am On Jul 14, 2016
odubiyi39:
No restriction sir.. Do as you wish

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Lordmykel(m): 5:54am On Jul 14, 2016
bolaji3071:

Zaragal, I guess you haven't been posted yet. No wonder you said the op lacks common sense for sharing his own opinion..but the question is, will you also say this if you were to have been posted?

To the op. May God continue to increase your knowledge. Nice article you've got there. grin

Thank you and God bless you plenty sir.
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Lordmykel(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Angeldepedro:
This method is not that bad, but JAMB should look into the technical area of conducting their UTME

i agree with you on this, lets hope next year's JAMB will be better.

cc: lalasticlala
cc: fynestboi
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by seunlayi(m): 6:55am On Jul 14, 2016
Jamb is simply going back to its old tradition which was abandoned

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by awesomeDiva(f): 8:36am On Jul 14, 2016
my own is that jamb should scrap catchment areas and ELDS

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by sweetetlove(f): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2016
is not a bad idea but it could have been next year to give jamb enough time to reform their system. this year jamb was a disaster after releasing result they had to add marks for students. I was at a cyber cafe the other day and a girl was saying she didn't read for jamb exam that the exam is based on luck. you can imagine the number of Dunce that will gain admission to the university this year.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by agoadiv(m): 11:21am On Jul 14, 2016
awesomeDiva:
my own is that jamb should scrap catchment areas and ELDS

hehehehehehehehe finally someone shares my view
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by NearPerfect(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2016
This policy should have been implemented next year, at least. Considering the fact that this year's jamb was a washout with too many flaws - some jambites were simply 'dash' marks by jamb nothing to show for their high marks against some of us that were robbed by the system. Sad.
Re: Why I Think FG And JAMB Have Done The Best Thing. by Henz24(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
I bet this system favoured op, that's why he is posting this. The truth is that our educational system is bleeped up, JAMB on its own too is a messed up body, cheating is also on the high side during jamb exams. For me, I would prefer JAMB be scrapped, if you want to go to any school, you simply walk into the school and buy their form and write their exam, this will give students opportunity to write for as many school as they wish increasing their chances of being admitted, you can never find a civilized nation that has a body that is responsible for admitting student especially a messed up one like JAMB, only the schools are responsible for that....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Secondary Students To Represent Nigeria In A Debate In Germany / Alyson Hannigan Scandal Wait, That Was A Most Gruesome Activity Accomplished To / Female Unilorin First Class Graduate Shines In UK University (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.