Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code (979 Views)

You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / This Might Just Be The Probable Cause Of Your Car's Overheating Problems. / Annoying Car Overheating Problem. Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by Igbudu23: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello experts in d house,
Having an overheating issue with me infiniti Fx35.. D car was idle for 3weeks and when I moved it, I noticed it was overheating and one of ac fan not working. I hav repaced the ac fan but still ovrheating.. I scaned it and got P1721 error code. I have disconnet and onected back the battery but noticed that though I over heats but not as fast as before.. Before the temp jumps vey high under 5 min of driving but after disconnecting and conecting the batery, the temprature rise is gradual.. Attains a high temperatue rise after about 45 mins of driving. The car doesnt overheat while idle and even with the Ac on... Plese how do i reolve this overheating isue .. Whats the implication of this P1721 error code as per this overheating in my infiniti fx35 2005 model
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by isaacputi(m): 1:55am On Jul 13, 2016
Igbudu23:

Having an overheating issue with me infiniti Fx35.. D car was idle for 3weeks and when I moved it, I noticed it was overheating and one of ac fan not working. I hav repaced the ac fan but still ovrheating.. I scaned it and got P1721 error code. I have disconnet and onected back the battery but noticed that though I over heats but not as fast as before.. Before the temp jumps vey high under 5 min of driving but after disconnecting and conecting the batery, the temprature rise is gradual.. Attains a high temperatue rise after about 45 mins of driving. The car doesnt overheat while idle and even with the Ac on... Plese how do i reolve this overheating isue .. Whats the implication of this P1721 error code as per this overheating in my infiniti fx35 2005 model

Check if it has thermostat which the road-side mechanic call thomostat...if there is, it has to be removed...it was placed there to cause heating on cars in the temperate regions during winter it keeps the car going...but here in the tropic region it usually causes over-heating.
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2016
isaacputi:

Check if it has thermostat which the road-side mechanic call thomostat...if there is, it has to be removed...it was placed there to cause heating on cars in the temperate regions during winter it keeps the car going...but here in the tropic region it usually causes over-heating.

you should change your name to kazeem cheesy

Igbudu23:

seems like a radiator issue. Drive to a car was and have the radiator washed with a pressure hose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by honmusa(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2016
Igbudu23:

The dtc code P1721 doesn't have anything to do with this issue. If you are in Lagos ,call autologic @ 08061166316 to investigate and resolve the overheating for you.
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by cokoduck: 7:56am On Jul 13, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you should change your name to kazeem cheesy

seems like a radiator issue. Drive to a car was and have the radiator washed with a pressure hose.
oh my God, I like ur style
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2016
Igbudu23:

does it reach the red mark or middle mark ?
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by mayor2013: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
Run a cooling system pressure test to reveal the cause of the overheating. If in lagos call multi autolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872.
Re: Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code by gentlered: 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2016
Plz I'm having similar issues with my pathfinder which has same engine configuration with your FX35. I'd love to know how you finally fixed yours.

(1) (Reply)

N32m 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Targa Spotted In Lagos / Sell All Car Parts / After 4 Months Of Marriage,lady Discovers Her Husband Is A Car Wash & Not A Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.