Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations (613 Views)

Nigeria A Beautiful West African Country (pictures!!!) / Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Country In The World By World Economic Forum / This Beautiful Place Is The ONLY Country In The World With No Mosquitoes (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations by judebebo32: 3:29am On Jul 13, 2016
Last year election was historic,as the sitting president was voted out of power. In all honesty I supported the meek, gentle and sometimes clueless leader and I was met with utmost disappointment when it became lucid that he had lost the election. Truth be told 2015 general election was marred with deceit, propaganda and ethnic bigotry, and the effect still lingers on in our daily lives. I have been to plethora of countries and I am left stone faced anytime I had to join a long queue just to have my passport checked, then the thought of only one country where I won't have to queue to check the authenticity of any visa lingers through my mind and that country is Nigeria. We might lack the basic social amenities, we might be perceived as fantastically corrupt, we might be seen as morally degrading and technologically backward country but the truth is no doubt God has blessed us beyond imagination.crude oil, Gold, Coal , fertile land and many more are the good things the almighty benign creator has blessed us with. During my youth service last year I could barely afford chicken but I eat fish almost everyday, over here in London the reverse is the case.The simple answer to the question why sea foods are cheaper in Nigeria is simply because we have it in abundance.
I might be out of the country but my heart yearns for my be lovette country, I am aware of the hardship and economic situation, the most surprising thing is our youths our perceived leaders of tomorrow seeking for all means to travel abroad with never to return perception. It saddens my heart when my parents categorically told me not to return home after my studies because there's nothing for me at home, they might be right as unemployment is increasing as the day progresses, but I am a world changer I carry with me dreams to turn Nigeria around, dreams to make my country great again. While most people hide their passport I am proud to flaunt mine, my green passport is my identity, it's my origin, I am an ambassador of my great nation. I might not be a supporter of the current president but we all need to support him in his dreams to make our nation great again, his desire to cleanse the mess created during the last 16years. Let's drop out tribal sentiments, our political party affiliations and support President Buhari to make Nigeria great again.
One nation, one country,
I love my country .

Nect
My ordeal in Iran.... TBC
Re: Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 13, 2016
yes, you believe in your country....yes, Nigeria will be great again..yes , you are an ambassador....bla bla bla....

what ever you do, DON'T COME BACK TO NIGERIA ATLEAST NOT YET...else
well, na you sabi
Re: Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations by Ugosample(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
judebebo32:
Last year election was historic,as the sitting president was voted out of power. In all honesty I supported the meek, gentle and sometimes clueless leader and I was met with utmost disappointment when it became lucid that he had lost the election. Truth be told 2015 general election was marred with deceit, propaganda and ethnic bigotry, and the effect still lingers on in our daily lives. I have been to plethora of countries and I am left stone faced anytime I had to join a long queue just to have my passport checked, then the thought of only one country where I won't have to queue to check the authenticity of any visa lingers through my mind and that country is Nigeria. We might lack the basic social amenities, we might be perceived as fantastically corrupt, we might be seen as morally degrading and technologically backward country but the truth is no doubt God has blessed us beyond imagination.crude oil, Gold, Coal , fertile land and many more are the good things the almighty benign creator has blessed us with. During my youth service last year I could barely afford chicken but I eat fish almost everyday, over here in London the reverse is the case.The simple answer to the question why sea foods are cheaper in Nigeria is simply because we have it in abundance.
I might be out of the country but my heart yearns for my be lovette country, I am aware of the hardship and economic situation, the most surprising thing is our youths our perceived leaders of tomorrow seeking for all means to travel abroad with never to return perception. It saddens my heart when my parents categorically told me not to return home after my studies because there's nothing for me at home, they might be right as unemployment is increasing as the day progresses, but I am a world changer I carry with me dreams to turn Nigeria around, dreams to make my country great again. While most people hide their passport I am proud to flaunt mine, my green passport is my identity, it's my origin, I am an ambassador of my great nation. I might not be a supporter of the current president but we all need to support him in his dreams to make our nation great again, his desire to cleanse the mess created during the last 16years. Let's drop out tribal sentiments, our political party affiliations and support President Buhari to make Nigeria great again.
One nation, one country,
I love my country .

Nect
My ordeal in Iran.... TBC

Following
Re: Nigeria: A Country In Distress But With Great Expectations by otokx(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2016
Noted

German Chancellor Angela Merkel Says She Will Deport 100,000 Migrants / Tips About South Africa. / 110 Passengers Land, Take Off From Kaduna Airport With Ethiopian Airline