Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko (15736 Views)

PDP May Move Against Governor Fayose / PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by dre11(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP ) Governors’ Forum, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, has raised fears over the possible survival of the party, saying the opposition party may go into extinction.

The National Headquarters of the PDP is yet to be reopened, 52 days after it was shut. Mimiko hinged his fears on indiscipline among the rank and file of the party members which has given rise to several litigations in different courts on the leadership crisis in the party. He spoke at the zonal meeting of the PDP held in Akure, the state capital, yesterday.

Both Senators Ali Modu Sheriff and Ahmed Makarfi factions are in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja courts contending over the leadership crisis in the party. Mimiko said it was indiscipline that made people to rush to court over issues that could be settled without interference of the judiciary. This indiscipline, he said, must be kicked out of the PDP before it kills the party .

Apparently referring to Sheriff , Mimiko wondered how somebody would think of running a political party based on court judgements when all organs of the party have not given him the nod.
These courts cases , he said, may eventually lead to the death of the party and foster one - party state and dictatorial tendency on the citizens.

His words: “ Unless, let me repeat it, unless we exorcise this demonic tendency to rush to the court, this party will never find its feet: the future is jeopardised, the future will continue to be uncertain if each time anybody feels abused the next thing is to go to court. “I think this is one area we must tackle as a party if we must move forward. That is the biggest threat and challenge we have as a party.

Nobody should deceive himself, especially those who are not direct political practitioners, nobody should deceive himself that trouble in PDP will necessarily translate and remain as trouble within PDP alone. Ultimately, the PDP that is unsettled is a veritable origination of dictatorship in our land.”

According to him, the high level of indiscipline in the party has culminated into series of leadership crises at the national level and challenges that also have overbearing effects in some state chapters of the party.

According to him, “there is no question about the fact that recent events within our party can challenge anybody no matter how strong hearted you are. Recent events in our party can set people asking; is this party really jinxed?” “One of those weaknesses is this demonic propensity to rush to the court for issues that can be settled within.

I think the level of indiscipline in the PDP is the number one challenge we have. ” Mimiko compared the PDP with the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying “ as divisive as APC is, in spite of all the different tendencies working themselves out in APC, I have not heard of their cases in court.

But, PDP has endless cases in courts. That is the demon we must exorcise from PDP if this party must progress. ” Meanwhile , Sheriff has denied media reports that the senator representing Ogun East in the National Assembly, Buruji Kashamu, is his political godfather.

This is as former National Vice Chairman (South- South ), Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, has predicted that PDP would come out stronger after its present crisis. There have been media reports that the leadership crisis in PDP was because of Kashamu who have been nudging Sheriff to keep on laying claim to the party’ s leadership.

But Sheriff, in a statement yesterday by his media aide, Inuwa Bwala, described it as a smear campaign and urged PDP loyalists to work towards finding lasting solution to the crisis in the party.

“While it remains obvious that the said report was part of the mischief and orchestrated smear campaigns embarked upon by some people against the National Chairman, we wish to state for the avoidance of doubt that, he has no godfather in politics and Senator Buruji Kashamu could not have been one.

“It is becoming clearer that the PDP National Chairman’s critics have run out of ideas on how to achieve their selfish agenda, hence the resort to blackmail and blatant falsehood in order to distract Sheriff from manifesting his capacity to reposition the PDP,” the statement noted.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN ) who visited the party ’s national secretariat yesterday reports that its entrance was still locked and manned by men of the Nigeria Police. As at 2 p.m, the time of visit, no fewer than 10 police officers were seen within and outside the secretariat. A police Hilux vehicle from Wuse Division, marked NPF 6684 C, was used to block the access road to the complex.

However, few members of staff of the secretariat were seen hanging around under trees, nursing the hope of having the office reopened soon.

Armed police officers had, on May 22, blocked all the entrance gates to the secretariat, preventing human and vehicular movements to the facility. The action, according to the police, was to prevent crisis from springing up following the party ’s May 21 national convention held in Port Harcourt.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/leadership-crisis-pdp-may-die-say-governors/

3 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by SeverusSnape(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2016
If PDP dies, It's their fault, not anyone's. Since they can't settle their differences amicably.

7 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by madridguy(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2016
PDP is dead long time ago, even we don do PDP final burial ceremony. The guy above me and below me even follow buy from the Aso Ebi grin. Na remembrance party now dey cause wahala between Modu Sheriff and Makarfi as the duo they fight who to buy COW for the remembrance party.

Sai APC till PDP e-lord get over the pain grin

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Firefire(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
If PDP dies, It's their fault, not anyone's.

Let all corrupt politicians still alive in Nigeria die a mysterious death.

11 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by SeverusSnape(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

Bros grin that means you want all Nigerian politicians to die. grin

... Because the last time I checked, They are all corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Firefire(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Bros grin that means you want all Nigerian politicians to die. grin

... Because the last time I checked, They are all corrupt.

YES! ALL of them.

The pains I have coming online, is seeing some professional looters and corrupt persons forming Progressives.

Their corruption level cries to the heavenly, and you see them forming ANGEL MICHAEL and discussing fellow corrupt criminals.

All Corrupt politicians in Nigeria.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR................?

FALL-DOWN-AND-DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2016
But Mimiko can't dissociate himself from the current crises of PDP.
Anyway, I agree with him that the numerous court cases are unnecessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Babzrockman: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2016
Akpabio is a great forcaster. The guy go sabi forcast Baba Ijebu o. No wonder, he's been romance with the APC.

Time no dey jare.

10 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by SeverusSnape(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

YES! ALL of them.

The pains I have coming online, is seeing some professional looters and corrupt persons forming Progressives.

Their corruption level cries to the heavenly, and you see them forming ANGEL MICHAEL and discussing fellow corrupt criminals.

All Corrupt politicians in Nigeria.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR................?

Amen cheesy

Die by fire!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by goonsmi: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

YES! ALL of them.

Oga firefire don turn pastor ooooo

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by seunmsg(m): 7:33am On Jul 13, 2016
Who cares? Nigeria will even be better off without that useless party.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by modath(f): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

Barefaced lie, e nor reach ya belle.... Anyone who doesn't know you will almost be sucked in, you want IB and baba Tewonde George to die bah? + you gan sef!! smiley

The only ones you pray to die are ;Tinubu , Buhari and the N-PDP men that assisted in the derailment and wrecking of una gravy train.....

See Bey hailing your "jikness".. wink

18 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by yaki84: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
seunmsg:
Who cares? Nigeria will even be better off without that useless party.

so if all pdp members move to apc, nigeria no go spoil again?

some people dey reason like our former goat, nkoyo.

4 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Firefire(m): 7:40am On Jul 13, 2016
modath:

Barefaced lie, e nor reach ya belle.... Anyone who doesn't know you will almost be sucked in, you want IB and baba Tewonde George to die bah? + you gan sef!! smiley

The only ones you pray to die are ;Tinubu , Buhari and the N-PDP men that assisted in the derailment and wrecking of una gravy train..

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways...

I already explained to you time without numbers why I will continue to support Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, now point me to where you ever see me type anything in support of PDP or her looters in my entire post history on NL? Waiting...

My way is simple... equity & justice.

May all looters of our common wealth suffer a mysterious sickness that our loot in their custody cannot cure.

Shalom!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by babyfaceafrica: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2016
Who pdp epp?

2 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2016
SeverusSnape:
If PDP dies, It's their fault, not anyone's. Since they can't settle their differences amicably.

You are always on point with the truth irrespective of whose Ox is gored. Thumbs up cool cool

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by omenka(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2016
PDP died the very day Obj tore his membership card. What these vultures are fighting over is just the carcass left behind. cheesy

Isn't it amazing that the placards bearing horde of corruption supporting zealots are the ones now singing "corrupt politicians should all die"?? What a moment to sing such a sombre tune. They never saw this coming from one of their own even when we told them on countless occasion this is/will be the situation.

They pretend to know what politics entails but time and again, they've proven themselves eternal novices when it comes to the mechanisms of power play and politics.

I can only pray yall graduate from your kindergarten class someday soon.

15 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by SeverusSnape(m): 7:49am On Jul 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

You are always on point with the truth irrespective of whose Ox is gored. Thumbs up cool cool
Thank you sir.
Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by modath(f): 8:01am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways...

I already explained to you time without numbers why I will continue to support Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, now point me to where you ever see me type anything in support of PDP or her looters in my entire post history on NL? Waiting...

My way is simple... equity & justice.

May all looters of our common wealth suffer a mysterious sickness that our loot in their custody cannot cure.

Shalom!

Fire , nor dey call african mongrel for me as monkey, we know as e dey go, drop the pretense .. cheesy

You support IB ( i dont know your reasons) and are a card carrying member of PDP, you nor get talk..

I support Buhari and uphold Pa Awo's legacy of Yoruba pride and interests..... Difference dey, i nor join party, i don't even like 99% of them sef....

There is no emotion attached, Make i leave you alone for today, shalom..

7 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Firefire(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2016
modath:

Fire , nor dey call african mongrel for me as monkey, we know as e dey go, drop the pretense .. cheesy

You support IB ( i dont know your reasons) and are a card carrying member of PDP, you nor get talk..

I support Buhari and uphold Pa Awo's legacy of Yoruba pride and interests..... Difference dey, i nor join party, i don't even like 99% of them sef....

There is no emotion attached, Make i leave you alone for today, shalom..

Small and open challenge, you are running away.

Check my posts history and come up with something relating to me ever supporting looters.

My forever support remains with GEJ for the wicked and malicious politics played against him by my kinsmen in SW.

Have a great day.

Goodbye.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Islie: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2016
that's what senator Akpabio saw that made him to secretly dine with APC.....

PDP is almost a regional party just like APGA..... the caused their downfall and it seems they would be buried soon
Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by modath(f): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2016
Firefire:

Small and open challenge, you are running away.

Check my posts history and come up with something relating to me ever supporting looters.

My forever support remains with GEJ for the wicked and malicious politics played against him by my kinsmen in SW.

Have a great day.

Goodbye.

Fire, Me run away? You are a joker.. i won't let you make me do what is against my better nature , you can have the last word... wink

Which of your imaginary kinsmen played malicious politics, your kinsmen looted security funds to prosecute an undeserved 2nd term a la Dasukigate? Misappropriated NNPC funds, went dancing in Kano after bomb blast, unlooked when Abba Moro murdered job seekers, pitted ethnic and religious groups against each other for his selfish ambition , abegi!! Fire, be gone!!!

& you have no kinsmen in the west, your kinsmen are your throat and belle... cool bye!!!

15 Likes

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Hilles(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2016
PDP aleady has lost its way..they have started dying already grin
Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Daslim180(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2016
It is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that PDP is on the realm of extinction

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by kayo80(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2016
PDP is dead and already in Rigor Mortis state.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by harrysjones(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2016
PDP already has lost its way..they have started dying already yeah.. this is the rea of change.. and whang ave started...APC..CHANGE.... pls dont forget to check my signature...
Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by allanphash7(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2016
Pdp is dead already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Jayus1: 10:19am On Jul 13, 2016
Make e die na. If e die APC will celebrate and we will continue in our sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by FagsamPHP(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2016
my quiet but dangerous Governor!!!!!! Iroko the slayer of Tinubu on 2 different Occasions, Ride on Baba!!!

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by Flexherbal(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2016
What have done for the betterment of Nigeria?
Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by lankieman: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2016
Ameeen.

quote author=Firefire post=47487581]

Let all corrupt politicians still alive in Nigeria die a mysterious death. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Leadership Crisis: PDP May Die - Mimiko by HRich(m): 10:21am On Jul 13, 2016
APC will be buried before PDP will die.
APC with the likes of Dino Melaye is already a dead farty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Transformation Of Nigeria, Part I - New Kaduna City (Master Plan) / 2019: ‘not Too Young To Run’ Bill Scales Through 21 States Assemblies (names) / Fubara And I Are in PDP but In Different Political Camps – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.