Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far (30175 Views)

10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / Top Black CEOs At Global Corporations And Lessons From Their Careers / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by millionboi(m): 7:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Ronaldo
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by rawpadgin(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2016
cool
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by rozayx5(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2016
Jalubarika:
This is a story when Cristiano Ronaldo was little and he was still a nobody. He and his friend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.

“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my succes. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that : “Who score’s more goals will come in our academy”.

“We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us.

Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper , he rounded the goalkeeper and i was running in front of him.

All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and i scored the third goal , so i got that spot and went to the academy.

After the match i went to him and asked him why ? .. he said that “Because you are better than me”

Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes.

He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed.

“But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also able keep your family .. From where did this come from? ‘

Albert more proudly replied: “It is from Ronaldo

as a barca , this was great from ronaldo

3 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 17, 2016
and his charities ... wow.. God gives to those who gives
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by TPAND(f): 7:50am On Jul 17, 2016
He has in no way eluded Messi. How many trophies can you speak of Ronaldo in the same league he plays with Messi.

Ehnnn maybe 4
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 17, 2016
Ronaldo is the highest paid footballer in the world with £15 million a year ($21.5m) a year after tax salary.
Only Messi can match his yearly salary from club football.

Ronaldo is also the most endorsed footballer and currently has 4th most lucrative endorsement deal in sports with Nike worth £14.1 million a year ($21m) plus number of other deals.

Ronaldo also have CR7 branded has clothing and shoes lines plus his $80 million worth of CR7 hotel project in 4 different cities.

Cristiano Ronaldo has a unique contract with Real Madrid where he is getting paid £288,000 a week (after tax) salary costing Real Madrid over £500,000 a week to have him in the squad.
That is massive £15 million a year ($21.5m) after tax salary more than anyone else in football making him the highest paid footballer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2016
Ronaldo evolves everyday, he lives everyday and he is a child at heart and you know how determined children are.

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by misterchris(m): 8:06am On Jul 17, 2016
ednut1:
After the world cup saga with Rooney. Ronaldo was the most hated man when he came bk to england. The away fans literally booed for 90mins , he was determined to shut dem up. In doing so his game improved. I used to work in a beer shop at villa park den as per student hustle. Dey booed Ronaldo die dat day nov or dec 06. Bt when he nack dem akpako twice dey kept shut
at amuwo?
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by bewla(m): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2016
Jalubarika:
This is a story when Cristiano Ronaldo was little and he was still a nobody. He and his friend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.

“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my succes. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that : “Who score’s more goals will come in our academy”.

“We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us.

Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper , he rounded the goalkeeper and i was running in front of him.

All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and i scored the third goal , so i got that spot and went to the academy.

After the match i went to him and asked him why ? .. he said that “Because you are better than me”

Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes.

He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed.

“But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also able keep your family .. From where did this come from? ‘

have had this b4 nice one
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by saintdennis(m): 8:11am On Jul 17, 2016
thorbar:
CR7
He indeed has a winning spirit
Hater will compare him with Messi
But these are great footballers closely greatest
Why not let us sit down and enjoy them while dey play

I love RONALDO
I say no to camparison
#my opinion

I keep wondering how many ballon d'ors he would have won IF he stayed @ man. United and dominated epl while messi dominated la liga?

Na only UCL em 4 dey use judge be dat lols.

The guy got balls going to a whole madrid (the flop capital). Many have gone few have excelled.

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by saintdennis(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2016
TPAND:
He has in no way eluded Messi. How many trophies can you speak of Ronaldo in the same league he plays with Messi.

Ehnnn maybe 4

Messi had the best team...
That's one criticism of real Madrid they consider 2 things when buying a player #1.marketability b4 #2. What he adds to the team.

The suarez issue is a good example: RMCF were odds on to buy him but when he bit chiellini his brand was affected so RMCF withdrew their bid.

For the past 2 seasons suarez has proved more important to barca than neymar...hasn't he?

Look now they never buy any wing back after losing arbeloa and only having marcelo @ left back. While barca don already buy digne and are shopping for a RB.

If ur shirt no go sell, madrid no go buy lols

3 Likes

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by iamrealdeji(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2016
Jalubarika:

This story makes me shed little tears. I never knew Ronaldo is such a good person. How many friends would tell this story? How many friends will pay back such a good friend? How many friends will be this grateful? How many friends would be this nice? I've been unfortunate when it comes to friendship and my friends usually try to take advantage of me and backstab me,bad mouth me. This story means a lot to me. This is old school friendship,true friendship,friendship of '50's

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 8:25am On Jul 17, 2016
King Cr7 (Greatest player ever)

What can we learn from messi's career sef undecided
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Boswell89(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2016
saintdennis:

That's one criticism of real Madrid they consider 2 things when buying a player #1.marketability b4 #2. What he adds to the team.

The suarez issue is a good example: RMCF were odds on to buy him but when he bit chiellini his brand was affected so RMCF withdrew their bid.

For the past 2 seasons suarez has proved more important to barca than neymar...hasn't he?

Look now they never buy any wing back after losing arbeloa and only having marcelo @ left back. While barca don already buy digne and are shopping for a RB.

What r u saying? U sound as if arbeloa is one exceptional player. He won't be missed. And again dey hv carvajal and Danilo as there RB. Maybe u hv not bn watching Madrid matches 4 years now. Hw can u even mention dat arbeloa( luckiest player of their time) grabbing trophies without hardwork. He is even a world cup winner. Lucky son of a gun
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by wunmi590(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2016
That's my ororo of life, without this ororo, you can fry a better egg grin

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 8:35am On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdibig:
The lesson I learn everyday from that guy is hard work and dedication. I always say that Messi is a product of talent(naturally talented) while Ronald(not as talented as Messi but is competing with him at the highest level) is a product of hard work. Nobody gave him chance when he went to Madrid. Even Kaka was once rated above this guy but look at them today.

Some of una for this nairaland sabi talk nonsense sha! So messi doesn't work hard abi?
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by MsTIQ(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2016
The Man of the Year smiley
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Inspiring! EstharFabian doesn't like football, so lemme bring her here. tongue
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Khaliyah(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2016
Not forgetting also His Charitable nature, he was 2015 most charitable sportsman till date.. Cr7 all d way!!!
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Some of una for this nairaland sabi talk nonsense sha! So messi doesn't work hard abi?

When comprehension becomes a problem, insults becomes a way out. where did I mention that messi is not hardworking? or don't you know that Messi is more talented than Rolando?

read and understand before you comment and don't mention me if you are here for messi/ronaldo war please.

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2016
Haute:
Inspiring! EstharFabian doesn't like football, so lemme bring her here. tongue
LoL. grin

remember the time I said I loved you?

I wanna take it back... wanna rip your throat off..angry

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2016
iamrealdeji:
This story makes me shed little tears. I never knew Ronaldo is such a good person. How many friends would tell this story? How many friends will pay back such a good friend? How many friends will be this grateful? How many friends would be this nice? I've been unfortunate when it comes to friendship and my friends usually try to take advantage of me and backstab me,bad mouth me. This story means a lot to me. This is old school friendship,true friendship,friendship of '50's 

That's the problem with nigerians! Follow follow! You never knew he was good person but you followed MUMU HATERS in criticising!

Meanwhile, to haters, the truth is that King Cr7 and messi are talented and hard workers

Messi just plays in a far BETTER TEAM

That's the little difference btw the 2 of them!
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by LesbianBoy(m): 9:05am On Jul 17, 2016
nnamdibig:

When comprehension becomes a problem, insults becomes a way out. where did I mention that messi is not hardworking? or don't you know that Messi is more talented than Rolando?

read and understand before you comment and don't mention me if you are here for messi/ronaldo war please.

When you say messi is a natural talent and ronaldo is a product of hard work, what are you insinuating?

And messi is not talented than ronaldo! He just plays in far BETTER TEAM!
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by eitsei(m): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2016
saintdennis:

I agree with you
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Ijaya123: 9:16am On Jul 17, 2016
OP, how did you arrive at the conclusion that the greatest soccer player in history is Lionel Messi?

Nice write up, though.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Orikinla(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Misterdhee1:
BY ADEDIRAN ADEDAYO ABDULLAHI

Cristiano Ronaldo is back in the limelight, this time for every goo reasons. With 3 Balon d'ors, three champions league winners' medals, three English Premier League titles, one Laliga winners' medal and of recent, an Euros gold medal off his Portuguese National side's triumph at the Continental tournament in France, alongside a daunting long list of individual awards, Cristiano Ronaldo is no doubt one of the greatest players to have graced the soccer pitch ever. At 31, he has virtually won every trophy he has competed for, in his club career, and an important bragging right, with his latest winner's medal with his country, which has ironically eluded his career nemesis, and 5 -time Balon d'or winner, Lionel Messi. From his daring ego, to his "crazy never lose mentality", Cristiano is surely a model to be studied by every dick and Harry that craves for success in their life pursuits. Here are the top takeaways:

- HARDWORKINGNESS : Numerous accounts have been giving by his teammates and coaches, both of present and in the past of how much an hardworker Ronaldo is. From his frequent early arrivals at the training sessions, to being the last to go home after training, to unimaginable fitness routines, it is a no-brainer, the extent to which diligence has driven Cristiano to the very top of the sporting ladder.

- SELF-BELIEF AND WORTH : Taunt him as much as you can on his tense Rivalry with Lionel Messi, it will never in a way achieve the desired 'taunting' objectives, because it will only propel the Portuguese to smashing past records and setting new records of his own Making. He so much believe in his abilities on the pitch, that the best of his epic replies to criticisms have been performance-related on the soccer field. You criticize Cristiano, he breaks new goal scoring record to respond accordingly.

- WINNING MENTALITY : Try list the sorest of losers in the world of sports, and Cristiano Ronaldo's name will be spelt out in gold. His "always win" mindset has made him much haters, as much as it has placed him in the league of his own as a soccer great. He has cried puerilely for losing matches, lashed out at teammates for his teams' defeats, and go bizarre lengths to get fit for important fixtures he looked set to miss. You can't beat his winning mentality!

- REALNESS : It is a glaring fact that Ronaldo for all his greatness is proud and individualistic, but what has helped him through these controversial lifestyles, is his submission to be real to himself and the world. He rubs his characters at your face and let you know without fear of rebuke that he is only human. He is human being, that comes first before his career profile. He uses it to his own advantage, without giving a damn about who loves or hates him for being real to himself.

- COMPETITIVENESS AND CONSISTENCY : Having won his first Balon d'or award at Manchester United, as a young age of 23 in 2008, the prospect of having the Balon d'or all to himself for many years, was cut short by the ingenuity of Barcelona's Lionel Messi, who snatched the 2009 trophy from him, and condemned him to 2nd place for two more years, and a no appearance at the best three in 2010. For a player has incredible as Cristiano, this is a failure. Losing out at such reproachful frequency, was enough to reduce him to mediocrity, but he chose to be consistent in his performances in other to be in competitive reach of his archrival. He came back to the Balon d'or podium as a winner in 2013, four years after his first win. With his successes with both Country and Club so far this year in major competitions, he looks set to scoop what will be his fourth Balon d'or award (With Leo Messi on five) , in a career that has seen him compete relentlessly and admirably with 'arguably' the greatest soccer player in history Lionel Messi, for the best player gong.

SOURCE : http://www.nkenu.com/2016/07/important-career-lessons-to-learn-from.html?m=1

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by nnamdibig(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

When you say messi is a natural talent and ronaldo is a product of hard work, what are you insinuating?

And messi is not talented than ronaldo! He just plays in far BETTER TEAM!

Yes messi is naturally talented cos he has been playing at this level since he was 18. But for Ronald, he is better now compared to when he was at ManU, remember that as at 2007, Ronaldo could even be compared to kaka. Since he joined Madrid, he has been improving as a player.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by saintdennis(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Boswell89:

What r u saying? U sound as if arbeloa is one exceptional player. He won't be missed. And again dey hv carvajal and Danilo as there RB. Maybe u hv not bn watching Madrid matches 4 years now. Hw can u even mention dat arbeloa( luckiest player of their time) grabbing trophies without hardwork. He is even a world cup winner. Lucky son of a gun

Lols arbeloa is far better than danilo... I'm wondering what made madrid shell out so much for such a talentless mofo.
Arbeloa got old...simple. He doesn't offer much going forward BUT is solid in defence (like juanfran)

Have u forgotten last season madrid fans were singing from the terraces "don't play danilo!" lols

I'm even wondering why we haven't put him up on the market... we need 2 new solid wing backs. Carvajal Is already a top player but I worry about his recent spate of injuries that is why I said we need 2 new wing backs.

1 Like

Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by matoyeh(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2016
veekid:
Okay I'll read later
you ar too lazy
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Frankaka8(m): 9:31am On Jul 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

That's the problem with nigerians! Follow follow! You never knew he was good person but you followed MUMU HATERS in criticising!

Meanwhile, to haters, the truth is that King Cr7 and messi are talented and hard workers

Messi just plays in a far BETTER TEAM

That's the little difference btw the 2 of them!
u mean Argentina team? Hv u forgotten dat ororo is in star studded galacticos for 8yrs now. U rate arg above portugal, buh fail to admit RM is far better to barca in squad strength.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by Frankaka8(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2016
Ijaya123:
OP, how did you arrive at the conclusion that the greatest soccer player in history is Lionel Messi?

Nice write up, though.
yes he is. Goal.com did a voting with Messi, Pele and maradona... Messi won the poll. That little man is just 29yrs, more to come.
Re: Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far by bluecircle470: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2016
This writer is very articulate. Nice 1 bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / A Kogi State Civil Servant Resigned Due To Non Payment Of Salary / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.