Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Can I Change My Genotype? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can I Change My Genotype? (6889 Views)

'Help! My Two Year Old Has SS Genotype' / Please Explain What Genotype AC Is / Can Two People With AS Genotype Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2009
I know this sound a bit silly but is it possible? Can I change my Genotype from AS to AA? Is there like a sickle-gene Suppresant that can wipe the sickle gene out from a person's system? Cos I'm really tired of the whole drama!
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
I read somewhere recently that scientists are carrying out investigations on the possibility of changing genotype.

If possible, you should expect to pay over the odds for it.

Ujujoan:

I know this sound a bit silly but is it possible? Can I change my Genotype from AS to AA? Is there like a sickle-gene Suppresant that can wipe the sickle gene out from a person's system? Cos I'm really tired of the whole drama!

Meanwhile, is that what i'm thinking?
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
OMO IBO:

I read somewhere recently that scientists are carrying out investigations on the possibility of changing genotype.

Are you serious? Is it authentic? I mean can it be done? I'm a Biotechnologist and scientifially I dont see the possibility, but hey if there is . . I'll like to be the first to know!! grin

OMO IBO:

Meanwhile, is that what i'm thinking?

LOL . . it depends on what u t thinking. I'm not a mind reader . . cheesy
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ujujoan:

Are you serious? Is it authentic? I mean can it be done? I'm a Biotechnologist and scientifially I dont see the possibility, but hey if there is . . I'll like to be the first to know!! grin

Thank you for introducing yourself
I'm NZE OMO IBO and i'm just an average joe

@ Topic,
well, i have little or no knowledge about genetics however as i said before there is an on-going research.
If i find the article I'll post it on here.

LOL . . it depends on what u t thinking. I'm not a mind reader . . Cheesy

keep acting like you really don't know
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by candylips(m): 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2009
i dont think its possible
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by boomlogic(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2009
You can't change your genotype.

Changing genotype is like changing LIFE
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by MUZBO(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ujujoan:

I know this sound a bit silly but is it possible? Can I change my Genotype from AS to AA?
Of course it is possible. . .
as soon as a tiger is able to change its stripes you'll be able to change your genotype. One more thing, it doesn't sound silly, it is SILLY!
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Sissy3(f): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2009
dont see the possiblity
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by MUZBO(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
Is there like a sickle-gene Suppresant that can wipe the sickle gene out from a person's system? Cos I'm really tired of the whole drama!
[quote][/quote]
Oh, so you have issues with AS and you were busy posting choosy I-need-a-millionaire threads.
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2009
wipe out your entire bone marrow with irradiation and transplant a new bone marrow. Done easily in mice . . . and children with leukaemia.
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

Thank you for introducing yourself
I'm NZE OMO IBO and i'm just an average joe

@ Topic,
well, i have little or no knowledge about genetics however as i said before there is an on-going research.
If i find the article I'll post it on here.

keep acting like you really don't know

LOL grin grin

Neway still waiting for the article wink

davidylan:

wipe out your entire bone marrow with irradiation and transplant a new bone marrow. Done easily in mice . . . and children with leukaemia.

Oh that? undecided . . I think I'll pass!! cheesy

MUZBO:

Oh, so you have issues with AS and you were busy posting choosy I-need-a-millionaire threads.

Oh will you please get over that? I dint have a choice with my genotype but I sure as well have one with my LP tongue

And will you please not say that I have 'issues' with my Genotype like I have a disease or sth. I could still go ahead with the AS-AS thing and damn the consequences. Afterall, it's my choice innit? tongue
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by mukina2: 11:39am On Sep 14, 2009
poster i feel you, wish i could change my IS too angry angry
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by agathamari(f): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
NO are you retarted? thats like trying to change your blood type or chromosonal factor.
Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by mandate12: 1:16am On Mar 15, 2015
With intensive all nite prayers, evrything is possible (including genotype change).. Mine changed from AS to AA - True life testimony

2 Likes

Re: Can I Change My Genotype? by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 15, 2015
mandate12:
With intensive all nite prayers, evrything is possible (including genotype change).. Mine changed from AS to AA - True life testimony

Then you questioning God's creation in your life .....Hmm, remember God created you in his own image . People are blinded with religion .

(1) (Reply)

Revive Capsule For Men / Abuja To Stage Walk Against Autism / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.