Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale (22469 Views)

Niger State CAN Reacts To Buhari’s National Broadcast / CAN Reacts To Buhari's Sack Of Jim Obazee, FRCN Boss / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Islie: 7:50am On Jul 13, 2016
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN ) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari and state governors in the country to make sure that perpetrators of unprovoked attacks against Christians and murder of some Christian leaders are brought to justice.

The Christian body said this is the only way the confidence of Christians can be maintained even as it called on Christian faithful across the country to buckle up and be ready to defend themselves against these incessant unprovoked and mindless attacks.

CAN in a statement issued in Abuja yesterday by its General Secretary, Rev. Dr . Musa Asake, condemned the gruesome murder of a 42 year old Christian mother of seven children, Mrs. Eunice Olawale, who was last Saturday brutally killed while doing Christian evangelism.

It noted that her murder came just about a month after Mrs . Bridget Agbaheme, a 74 year old Christian, was murdered at Wambai Market, Kano, due to an altercation with a Muslim man who came to the front of her shop to perform ablution. The Christian body added that just last week , a clergyman of the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), Reverend Zakariya, was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Obi Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

CAN said: “They attacked him on his farm, cut off his arms and legs , then chopped off his head with a machete. Another fresh but sad news reaching us is that of a Fulani militia group that is now on rampage, killing 81 people in multiple attacks in Logo and Ukum Local Government Areas of Benue State, ” it lamented.

While commiserating with the families of the affected people , it described as mindless, orgies of death and destruction of the Christian community in the country.

CAN said the recurring decimal of violence and murder of innocent Nigerian citizens on the basis of religious intolerance demands specific and relevant response from all concerned citizens in the country. It particularly expressed worry that the government in power seems to have adopted a lukewarm attitude to the evils being perpetrated in Nigeria in the name of religion.

“We pray that God in His mercies shall comfort and strengthen the families of all the Nigerians affected in these unwarranted murders unleashed upon the nation by religious extremists.

The discrimination against non -Muslims in Nigeria under the Muhammadu Buhari administration is assuming a dangerous dimension that should not be left to the vagaries of time and circumstance to resolve.

Meanwhile, a group, Christian Brotherhood Association of Nigeria, has condemned the gruesome murder of Mrs. Eunice Olawale, during routine morning evangelism in Kubwa, a suburb of Abuja on Saturday, describing it as outrageous, barbaric, abominable and sadism of the worst order.

The group in a statement by its President, Ayodele Sunday, said it was appalling that Mrs. Elisha, who was also a pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God in the area, could be slaughtered while preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/unprovoked-murder-can-urges-christians-defend/

3 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by SeverusSnape(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2016
The discrimination against non -Muslims in Nigeria under the Muhammadu Buhari administration is assuming a dangerous dimension that should not be left to the vagaries of time and circumstance to resolve.

^^^ This is nothing but the truth. Non-Muslims should not wait for this jihadist government to protect them, because government will turn a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by these vermins, What have the government done about Fulani herdsmen killings? Nothing!

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by madridguy(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Ok
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by SMARTKOSSY: 8:00am On Jul 13, 2016
I concur
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by SMARTKOSSY: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2016
madridguy:
Ok
just OK? Na una people abi...av always tot dat u madridguy na yoruba dude till u made this comment below.Repent o.

14 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by madridguy(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2016
Am not related to terrorist. I am a Muslim and am not a terrorist.

SMARTKOSSY:
just OK? Na una people abi...

5 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by bennygreat1(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2016
Can't understand why this religion can't allow their God fight for himself,than fighting for their God...

The Christians should be more careful.. not only in North,but everywhere..

Funny enough there's little or nothing CAN can do...

#OnlyGodCanIntervine...

8 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by orisa37: 8:10am On Jul 13, 2016
CAN should stop those early morning Preachers. Street Preaching between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. is Clang Banging and very disturbing.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Kenneth205(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2016
This is serious shocked
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by SMARTKOSSY: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2016
madridguy:

Smh....

3 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by ijustdey: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2016
modified.......

double post
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by ijustdey: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2016
good development.......

if one value his life in the face of danger, let him fight back
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by malvisguy212: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2016
madridguy:

we know you are a muslim, the terrorist, are they not muslims also ? The imam is a muslim also. Let know religious issue join you with a hausa muslim.

19 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by truthmans2012: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2016
I support self-defence. What is giving the muslims the gut to perpetrate their evil is because they believe Christians would only make a lot of noise and nothing will happen afterwards.

It is satan's plan to destroy all the Christian preachers and by extension the Church. What is happening now will actually discourage preaching. But if the muslims know that it is life for life, they will think twice before they kill.

There was a Church in Kano in the 80s that returned fire for fire. The Church then was a small denomination but it has grown so large today. If they have succeeded in killing the founder, the Church will be no more.

14 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by veekid(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sighs
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Pafredy818(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
..God save us from evil
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by allanphash7(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Even me reacted to the death

RIP to the dead
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
bennygreat1:
Can't understand why this religion can't allow their God fight for himself,than fighting for their God...
The Christians should be more careful.. not only in North,but everywhere..
Funny enough there's little or nothing CAN can do...
#OnlyGodCanIntervine...

Indeed Only God can intervene
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Only Allah knows what really transpired between the woman and her assailants that day. She might be preaching inciteful messages that were too hard to bare. Even tho i condemn the action of the killers, by preaching around a mosque makes her actions daring. It's like an imam coming to preach in a church territory. I suggest the government ban street evangelism so cases like this can be averted in future. It is wrong to go around with megaphone and start preaching as early as 5am when people are resting. Those who blame Islam for her death are just displaying ignorance. We cannot use the action of few to judge the entire muslims. Islam remains a peaceful and tolerant religion. cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by superfelix: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
na wa oh
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Sunnycliff(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Let the Government security do the best to apprehend and prosecute the killers but Persecution and Christianity is like Bread and Butter!

Mark 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 2 Thessalonians 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 2 Timothy 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
If you are a genuine christian you will not support this trash CAN is saying. Yes the govt should do its best to protect all its citizens but Christians cannot escape persecution in this world. That's your christian trademark. Be glad and rejoice instead that God has found you worthy through Christ to partake in his sufferings that you may partake in his glory

7 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by CHANNELStv2020: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
WE ARE LIVING WITH BEASTS FROM THE NORTH THAT KILLS, BEHEADS ON DAILY BASES, I HATE THE FACTS THAT LIKE MYSELF THEY IDENTIFY THEM SELVES AS NIGERIANS,IT'S A SHAME.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Olukat(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
orisa37:
CAN should stop those early morning Preachers. Street Preaching between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. is Clang Banging and very disturbing.

And you think the 530am madness on horn speakers calling for your blood sucking demon is cool? angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by TheFreeOne: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
TheFreeOne:
At the rate things are going in the country Buhari is likely to be the last president of a 'one Nigeria'.

Like I have opined severally life is a gift and nobody should allow his or her life be taken without fighting back.

I am 100% for team #Selfprotection.
-------------
-------------

Fulani herdsmen are terrorists.

- fulanimafia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by sugarwiz(f): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Na today..... everybody alredy reacted....we want action not reaction....bloated heads
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by experimentist: 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abeg make we hear words jaree.
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Strawman: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Only Allah knows what really transpired between the woman and her assailants that day. She might be preaching inciteful messages that were too hard to bare. Even tho i condemn the action of the killers, by preaching around a mosque makes her actions daring. It's like an imam coming to preach in a church territory. I suggest the government ban street evangelism so cases like this can be averted in future. It is wrong to go around with megaphone and start preaching as early as 5am when people are resting. Those who blame Islam for her death are just displaying ignorance. We cannot use the action of few to judge the entire muslims. Islam remains a peaceful and tolerant religion. cool

Guy you are saying rubbish! You said she might have been preaching "inciteful" messages, why are you just assuming rubbish just to defend those Muslim murderers?

You say it's like an imam coming to preach in a church territory, if an imam did that, would any Christian kill him??

You suggest the government ban street evangelism, the government has already banned murder since and your Muslim people are still killing up and down, you will not talk about that one.

You say it's wrong to preach around 5am when people are resting, will people who were resting be gallant enough to butcher somebody to death? I'm sure those your guys were awake and agile smoking shisha in that area.

Gerrarahere mehn!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN ) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari and state governors in the country to make sure that perpetrators of unprovoked attacks against Christians and murder of some Christian leaders are brought to justice
Justice? Does that act still exist in this sharia government of the north?
The Christian body said this is the only way the confidence of Christians can be maintained even as it called on Christian faithful across the country to buckle up and be ready to defend themselves against these incessant unprovoked and mindless attacks
CAN in a statement issued in Abuja yesterday by its General Secretary, Rev. Dr . Musa Asake, condemned the gruesome murder of a 42 year old Christian mother of seven children, Mrs. Eunice Olawale, who was last Saturday brutally killed while doing Christian evangelism
The government doesn't even give a fvck what we think about it or if we have any confidence in them. I particularly like the bolded, it's about time move into the stage of self determination, the Jos way.
It noted that her murder came just about a month after Mrs . Bridget Agbaheme, a 74 year old Christian, was murdered at Wambai Market, Kano, due to an altercation with a Muslim man who came to the front of her shop to perform ablution. The Christian body added that just last week , a clergyman of the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA), Reverend Zakariya, was killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Obi Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
CAN said: “They attacked him on his farm, cut off his arms and legs , then chopped off his head with a machete. Another fresh but sad news reaching us is that of a Fulani militia group that is now on rampage, killing 81 people in multiple attacks in Logo and Ukum Local Government Areas of Benue State, ” it lamented.
While commiserating with the families of the affected people , it described as mindless, SinParties of death and destruction of the Christian community in the country.
CAN said the recurring decimal of violence and murder of innocent Nigerian citizens on the basis of religious intolerance demands specific and relevant response from all concerned citizens in the country. It particularly expressed worry that the government in power seems to have adopted a lukewarm attitude to the evils being perpetrated in Nigeria in the name of religion
Am I the only one who noted the bolded?
Religion of piss indeed. Abeg who get SMG to borrow me?

2 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by perojelly: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
Religion arms of the PDP
Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by odunkomolafe: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
mrkayusfit:
So killing her is the right thing to do. Could she not have been reported to the police. The truth is so glaring

7 Likes

Re: CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale by Chuukwudi(m): 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
I'm sorry I didn't know you are very happy with the news of the Anglican Holy Eucharistic Liturgy the same time as a result of the speaker and you. I am very the in the arms of a woman who wasn't my wife Standing for a moment trying to recall the second line of the speaker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2019 Prophecies: '1 Governor, 4 Senators Will Die’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.