Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Brothers Grimm (godfather Death) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Brothers Grimm (godfather Death) (651 Views)

J.K RANDLE The Godfather Never Sleeps Needed Pls !! / Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore / The Godfather By Mario Puzo Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brothers Grimm (godfather Death) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Due to the possibility of readers I this blog not having come across the Brothers Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, I'll be featuring some of their fairy tales in this blog for a short period.
Now beware, they might be fairy tales, but there's no sugar and sweetness in them. Even, there might be no light at the end of a long, long, tunnel...

Once upon a time,
A poor man had twelve children and was forced to work night and day to give them even bread. When therefore the thirteenth came into the world, he knew not what to do in his trouble, but ran out into the great highway, and resolved to ask the first person whom he met to be godfather.

The first to meet him was the good God who already knew what filled his heart, and said to him, poor man, I pity you. I will hold your child at its christening, and will take charge of it and make it happy on earth. The man said, who are you. I am God. Then I do not desire to have you for a godfather, said the man, you give to the rich, and leave the poor to hunger...

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

(1) (Reply)

Lust / Get Access To Download Premium E-books, Audio And Videos Training/tutorial (WSO) / The Black Rose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.