Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos (660 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own / Ifeanyi Ubah At Joe Obijiaku's Son's Traditional Marriage In Nimo (Photos) / A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos by Scholes007(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2016
Yesterday the topic "Joe Igbokwe: Igbo bigotry and hate campaigne worries me made front page". Well I had to read it and maybe draw some lessons at the same time criticize if necessary. Before i go into discussing his views, I must point out that I was disappointed by the mode a supposed Igbo eldered smeared in block his people and their image. He clearly painted the Igbos especially the youths as bigots and hateful without reservation. He choice of word and presentation was absolutely petty for a leader who the younger generation look upto. Yes everyone must have sentiments but nothing justifies using your sentiments to rundown your own just blatantly. I also notice that he didn't include were he have aired his dissatisfations to the appropriate authorities or any measures he took before running to the media house to air his view. Many who actually applaude him may not know the danger or is absolutely happy for it. With that said let's look into his opinion which looks more like allegations...
Re: A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos by Scholes007(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2016
1. Accusation of the SE region as not moving on after the loss of Goodluck Jonathan.
Here I look at this statement as very dumb, come to thing of it does south east political region now equate to Igbos as a tribe? Well let's say in his defination south east geopolitical region is Igbo ethnic group. Another question is what do he mean by not moving on because last time I check no south eastern government,social cultural group,traditional leadership is having a log ahead with the govt of Buhari. No single political war/tension exist bw the fg and the regional government, then what is not moving on here?

2. Accusation that Igbo now preach hate against buhari's govt in buses,churches,markets and other public gatherings This is the worst of it all. An allegation that worth kill someone for. The let's critical at it, have anyone in the market,bus stop or any public gathering heard where the Igbos as ethnic group preach against buhari? Have you in any church or other worship centre heard that the igbos are preaching hate against buhari government? Clearly I see no reason why this supposed leader and elder spokesman should be this petty because of his sentiment and selfishness
Re: A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos by bonechamberlain(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2016
That man is a nuisance Igbos are bigot but they voted massively for yar adua ( may his soul rip). Like I have always said, even Jesus wouldn't convince Igbos to vote buhari, that man is evil. Igbos would vote a moderate northerner and not an extremist. Let me end here.

1 Like

Re: A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos by EQUALROGHT: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
All the defunct regions in Nigerian eastern
, northern and western regions can attest to this. late former president yaradua is the best president of Nigeria. He is not a self acclaimed saint BT his actions and utterances gives it to him. We can remember that he publicly declared his assets and acknowledged that the election that brought him in was marred with irregularities. It does nt end there he promised to reform the electoral laws and he did also carried everybody along both party and ethnic nationalities it.I think he left a legacy this present government supposed to emulate and the critics will douse down. During his reign despite been a Fulani man Nigeria was so progressive and united and people was happy
Re: A Look At Joe Igbokwe's Opinion On The Igbos by Mynd44: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2016

(1)

Dino And Oluremi Tinubu. Dino's Full Press Release. / Buhari Abandons Umana, Appoints Ndoma-egba NDDC Chairman / Renowned Medical Doctor Declared Missing In Kwara State(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.