Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month (1956 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
I am a Liberian residing in the US and have always loved Nigerians and their culture (probably was a Nigerian in my past life lol)  I plan to spend the Christmas holidays in Lagos; this will be my first time visiting Lagos. What I need to know from you all is this:  What will it cost to live in Lagos for a month (considering  hotel, feeding, transportation, and entertainment)? I would also like to visit Abuja before returning.  Please make your suggestions I'm all ears.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by morpheus24: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2009
Equipper:

I am a Liberian residing in the US and have always loved Nigerians and their culture (probably was a Nigerian in my past life lol) I plan to spend the Christmas holidays in Lagos; this will be my first time visiting Lagos. What I need to know from you all is this: What will it cost to live in Lagos for a month (considering hotel, feeding, transportation, and entertainment)? I would also like to visit Abuja before returning. Please make your suggestions I'm all ears.
Keep hoping the exchange rates stays as it is or even gets better and you might be lucky.

Hotels in lagos in good areas are quite expensive( ie on the island). The average per night using the exchange rate now would be $150/night so a whole month will be steep. Feeding and entertainment depends on what you want to do and see so need more details.

Abuja is worse as far as hotels costing well over $200/night. You will need transportation of somesorts which is also expensive.

I wouls stronglly suggest if you have friends in the country who are good people to contact them, will cut your expenses down seriously.

If you make it to naija you are welcome. Liberia, sierra leone and Nigeria are just about the last friends in West Africa left without animosity against each other and hope that doesn't end anytime soon.

Cheers.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
@morpheus24
WOW!  I guess I will have to make some friends fast since I do not currently have any in Lagos.   I was really looking forward to staying with a friend; but the friend I know lives all the way in Benin city.  I have not been able to make contact with him for over a month now.  the way I see things the cost of living in a hotel is very expensive.  the last time I visited Freetown, I lived with a family but God used me be a blessing to them in a way that they continue to ask me to return.  That's the kind of thing I would really like to do.  I need to locate such a family that I could be a blessing to.

Concerning our three countries you have made so much sacrifice in helping us with our past troubles that we feel so obligated to you.  You guys are the true big brothers because you have proven it.  I have visited Sierra Leone often and have learnt so much about that country and its people.  Now I want to turn to Nigeria.  Can I tell you a secret?  I want to get married to a Nigerian;  that is how passionate I am about Nigeria.  I want my children to have Nigerian blood.  I just love you guys; I cannot explain it nor can I escape it.  I have this strong amorous bias towards Nigerians.   
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by morpheus24: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
Equipper:

Can I tell you a secret? I want to get married to a Nigerian; that is how passionate I am about Nigeria. I want my children to have Nigerian blood. I just love you guys; I cannot explain it nor can I escape it. I have this strong amorous bias towards Nigerians. [/color]

Take am softly oh so you don't run into a bad guy. There are good pickings if that is what you choose. The cultures are not far from one another so compatability will not be a major issue.

There are many Yorubas today of sierra leonian decent in Nigeria although some of them will not admit it

In regards traveling, i still suggest you find a naija friend and tag along with them, The experience will be ten times more enjoyable. Trust me on that one.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2009
morpheus24:

Take am softly oh so you don't run into a bad guy. There are good pickings if that is what you choose. The cultures are not far from one another so compatability will not be a major issue.

There are many Yorubas today of sierra leonian decent in Nigeria although some of them will not admit it

In regards traveling, i still suggest you find a naija friend and tag along with them, The experience will be ten times more enjoyable. Trust me on that one.

Soooo true my guy.  I am asking God to guide me in this matter while I tread cautiously.  Some of our brothers are bad o.  I will really appreciate if you could give me some clues.  Let me lay it out to you I am a practicing Christian and would like to get some clues on how to navigate this terrain.  I want to make genuine friends that is why I am here.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by morpheus24: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2009
Equipper:

Soooo true my guy. I am asking God to guide me in this matter while I tread cautiously. Some of our brothers are bad o. I will really appreciate if you could give me some clues. Let me lay it out to you I am a practicing Christian and would like to get some clues on how to navigate this terrain. I want to make genuine friends that is why I am here.

Try and mingle with the ones state side first

Face book is also a way of making friends easy.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
I copy. Let me just say this you know among the many tribes in Nigeria, I gravitate towards the Yorubas. I'll ge to working this thing out since time is of the essence. I am sure I will get in touch with some of the guys here who could become friends.

Is there anything I need to be aware of, I mean culrurally. You are so conscious of your cultural heritage. Thanks any way for the heads up
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by suxes2005(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2009
Hey, I work with a Pastor @ Christ Crusaders' Deliverance Ministries. When u are in Lagos, try tell us here and I`ll want you to come down to my church. Its around Berger area. Ask anybody who knows this are. www.christcrusadersng.org is the church's website. PLEASE only writing u because u said u r a Xtian.

SHALOM
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2009
suxes2005:

Hey, I work with a Pastor @ Christ Crusaders' Deliverance Ministries. When u are in Lagos, try tell us here and I`ll want you to come down to my church. Its around Berger area. Ask anybody who knows this are. www.christcrusadersng.org is the church's website. PLEASE only writing u because u said u r a Xtian.

SHALOM
WOW!  This is wonderful suxes2005 and I appreciate this gesture.  I am going to check up your website right away.  Stay blessed
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2009
if u ain't gats no money take ur broke ass home! we don't want broke ass peeps in lasgidi! geddit? angry cheesy grin tongue
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2009
No I don't!  Who are you? You are a very troubled soul who obvously need some help. I do sympathize with you for the way you were treated while you served time. Get a life grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by suxes2005(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2009
WOW! This is wonderful suxes2005 and I appreciate this gesture. I am going to check up your website right away. Stay blessed

Aight!

Waiting for your reply.

SHALOM
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by GODSON2009(m): 1:02am On Sep 14, 2009
@poster
while i am not knocking anyone,ill strongly advice you to make the liberian embassy your first point of call rather than a church or ministry you are not familiar with or not had any prior dealings with,while the man may mean well it is better to err on the side of caution,however if you must implicitly put your trust in any church,then let it be a known and prominent church like the redeemed church or deeper life e.t.c

as for your question,ill suggest you budget about 5,000 naira per day excluding accomodation,transportation is the most expensive and money sapping quest in lagos, i should know as i just came back about two weeks ago though my stay was shorter
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
GODSON2009:

@poster
while i am not knocking anyone,ill strongly advice you to make the liberian embassy your first point of call rather than a church or ministry you are not familiar with or not had any prior dealings with,while the man may mean well it is better to err on the side of caution,however if you must implicitly put your trust in any church,then let it be a known and prominent church like the redeemed church or deeper life e.t.c

as for your question,ill suggest you budget about 5,000 naira per day excluding accomodation,transportation is the most expensive and money sapping quest in lagos, i should know as i just came back about two weeks ago though my stay was shorter

Thanks GODSON2009 do appreciate the heads up. You know I never thought about contacting the embassy over there. Thanks again brother.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by morpheus24: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
Equipper:

Thanks GODSON2009 do appreciate the heads up. You know I never thought about contacting the embassy over there. Thanks again brother.
'

Godson2009 is right please locate your embassy first and try to visit them so they can give you information on Liberian communities in Nigerian as well.

As far as hangin with any church, I have nothin agianst them but please know there are evil people everywhere
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
morpheus24:

'
Godson2009 is right please locate your embassy first and try to visit them so they can give you information on Liberian communities in Nigerian as well.
As far as hangin with any church, I have nothin agianst them but please know there are evil people everywhere

I am so cool with that morpheus24. You know this is one instance of how valuable this forum is.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by suxes2005(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
Yep look before you leap. I never wanted him 2 come & stay in my church but just 2 attend a Sunday service if he is close to my area. That is all.

SHALOM
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by OAM4J: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
let me also just say that not all the hotels in nigeria are that costly. I was still in nigeria last week. The hotel they got for me somewhere in Okota,Lagos was only about N3,000 a night (thats about $20) believe me it was very ok. but if you want a 5 star hotel, then be ready to pay more.

I also believe your embassy can be of help.

You can also check online for some holiday packages in nigeria. just goggle holiday in nigeria. i guess u will find something. but still verify all claim.s

all the best.

1 Like

Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Equipper: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2009
OAM4J:

let me also just say that not all the hotels in nigeria are that costly. I was still in nigeria last week. The hotel they got for me somewhere in Okota,Lagos was only about N3,000 a night (thats about $20) believe me it was very ok. but if you want a 5 star hotel, then be ready to pay more.
You can also check online for some holiday packages in nigeria. just goggle holiday in nigeria. i guess u will find something. but still verify all claim.s
all the best.

Thanks and well appreciate for giving me the heads up. I think with all the pieces of advice given to me; I have my heads screwed on right. I am already on the move with your advice. Thanks o.
Re: What Would It Cost To Live In Lagos For A Month by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 13, 2015
Wear my cleats,you can fly with them cool
OAM4J:

all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Germany Student Visa With A Sponsor. / Rhine Waal University Of Applied Science Students Forum / Can I Travel To Canada With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.