Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund (1509 Views)

Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / Which Kids Are Naughtier? Naija Kids Or Kids Living Abroad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by jacq(f): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2005
My friend gave some money to his uncle (who he thought he could trust ) in nigeria to help him buy a piece of land ; but what did this uncle did he spent the money to buy land for his self shocked and he refused to tell my friends other members of the family that the boy gave him some huge amount of money for buying some property.

Now friend is planning to got to naija and asked for his money back,but i told him he should not even bother hisself because i am sure he is not going to get even 1 kobo of his money back
and he should put it as money lost , but he is still determined to go and get his money back .

What advice will you give to this guy ? and do you all think he will still get his money back ?
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by smartsoft(m): 5:35am On Nov 23, 2005
Hey guy allow the collect his money back man.. how can someone feel the best way is by scamming someone that trusted yah to buy something .?? huh men let him go ahead has for me, no human can eat my maney and go scot free.we go put leg for same trouser..
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Renike(f): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2005
seriously, idk
but that is really messed up oo
the first thing dat came to mind was going back home and getting d money/land back
but it all depends tho on if d uncle can pay back, if there is no juju, etc
if not, i wld just sit down

sorry o sad
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by eveseh(f): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2006
Renike:

seriously, idk
but that is really messed up oo
the first thing that came to mind was going back home and getting d money/land back
but it all depends tho on if d uncle can pay back, if there is no juju, etc
if not, i would just sit down

sorry o sad

yea,it is embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2006
he should be careful,these sort of people could be really dangerous undecided
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Rlst84sale(m): 11:48pm On May 07, 2008
If the guy knows top military officer or CID let them carry the uncle and investigate if the money truly came from the guy abroad and put the uncle in confinement until the land is sold. If they sell the land for more, then he will take his money and give the ucle the difference. Otherwise he should just foregt it and hope the uncle would not hurt him because of fear of him telling people about it.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by lucabrasi(m): 2:28am On May 08, 2008
let him use efcc if he has proof of the payments he made to the uncle, their judgement is always fast and swift and the guy will get his money back,nobody can harm you or kill you if GOD has not decreed that its your time, i know a couple of people in situations of tryna recover their money and efcc did it without collecting bribe and that was 2006
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Spermdrops(m): 3:27am On May 08, 2008
Typical of 419  Nigerians. The greatest con artists are from your immediate family members.  I think the guys should forget about the money let the uncle depart this world with a guilty conscience, that is if he has one at all.

No need to fight anyone for money especially family. My siblings have wacked my money too, and I have wacked theirs. We still love each other dearly. We just limit the "financial" dealings to the bearest minimum.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by ololade34(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

he should be careful,these sort of people could be really dangerous undecided

I quite agree with you on that, he needs to very be careful, the uncle would be prepared for trouble as well as he knows your friend would ask him back for his money, he could even denied it, maybe that's why he never told anyone.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Rlst84sale(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2008
Just get EFCC on his dihonest tail and he will get his just compensation. A lot of people don't have a slice idea what we endure overseas to earn money. Some people would kill for ordinary $20 here in the States. What kind of uncle is that?
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by bluehorizo(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2008
Your friend should pretend as if nothing transpired between him and the uncle. He is wicked! Your friend should not challenge him but should stay afar from him. Life goes on and he will make more thank the seed he sow.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Oracle(m): 6:57pm On May 18, 2008
That guy has to provide that money somehow.

Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by ima1(f): 8:36pm On May 18, 2008
I think your guy should count the money as lost because going to naija is risky, when it comes to collecting your money, they could kill him. so there is no need losing his life over money, let God do the payback.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 20, 2008
That's what happened to my husband house and cars .uncles in Nigeria they are bad ,
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by jacq(f): 7:26pm On May 23, 2008
They last i spoke to my friend about this matter , he told everybody in the family what has happpend en ofcourse the uncle denied ever getting any money from my friend so now my friend he has decided to let God do the payback because he trusted his uncle who in turns misused that trust,this uncle himself has got 2 children abroad so you see how bad hearted people can be.
My friend has put this matter before God,we shall all sow what we reap.
Re: Uncle Of Nigerian Living Abroad Misappropriates Building Fund by Teejay07(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2008
@ poster,

and you think that is the end of the story. Hope the uncle does not turn round to accuse your friend of calling him a liar and thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, if the uncle has any grown children the situation could get messier.

Would have been better if your friend had not told the whole family. Or, better still not asked if he knew he was not ready to press hard for the money. Just goes to show you that people can be very funny. When you think you know and understand them, they get up and bite you in the nose grin.

(1) (Reply)

Accussed and Detained For Stealing, Free At Last..... breaking news / I Want To Get Married / Research:Men Talk Three Times Less Than Women!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.