Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) (41046 Views)

Machete-Wielding Cultists Kill Man. In Ogun State. Graphic Photos / Lady Came To Kill Man Who Dumped Her With Charm In Lagos, Strips Unclad (Photos) / Cultists Kill Benue State University Student & Girlfriend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by ijustdey: 1:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
By Evelyn Usman

The annual Egungun ceremony in Isheri, Magodo area of Lagos State was marred, weekend, after one of the guests, Mutiu Edunjobi, was allegedly stabbed to death by a suspected cultist.

Late Edunjobi, a 34-year-old battery charger, who resided at 3, Egbedina Street, Isheri, was said to have been lured to the party by suspected cultists, Sunday, who had plotted to kill him for being sympathetic to a rival cult group.

A fight broke out between rival cult groups at about 8p.m., during which dangerous objects were reportedly used. In the process, the father of two was allegedly stabbed in the neck by one Kehinde Lawal, a suspected cultist.

When news of Edunjobi’s attack went round, youths in the area reportedly went berserk as they attempted to carry out jungle justice on his assailant and members of his cult group.

Eyewitnesses said the angry youths stormed the assailant’s residence at 5, Ajegunle Street, Isheri and threatened to set it ablaze but for the intervention of policemen.

He was my everything —WIFE
When Vanguard visited the deceased’s home yesterday, his widow, Mariam, was seen with her 41-day-old baby, while the elder one, aged six, rested her head on her mother’s lap.

She said: “My husband was not a cultist. They just killed him for nothing. He was my friend, brother and father. He promised to open a shop for me when my baby turns one and half.

“Now he is gone. Who will take care of me and my children?”
Father of the deceased, Mr. Dauda Edunjobi, disclosed that cultists were always at loggerheads in the area, calling on Lagos State government to address the issue, as it was getting out of hand.

He maintained that his son was never a cultist. According to the distraught father, “The person that stabbed my son to death is about 10 years his junior. They were never friends. My late son was an easy-going fellow, who was loved by all.

“He was not a cult member. Their grievance was that he was sympathetic to their enemies and for that reason, they have been threatening to kill him.

“My late son was invited to the party by Ipodo’s brother. He never knew it was an invitation of death, as it was a deliberate plan to kill him. They have been telling people that they will kill him and now they have carried out their threat. All we want is for justice to be done.”

Police
When contacted, spokesperson for Lagos State Police Command, Dolapo Badmus, a Superintendent of Police, said: “I can confirm that at about 8p.m., one Kehinde Lawal allegedly stabbed one Mutiu Edunjobi on his neck with a knife during a fight at Edum compound, Isheri.

“Edunjobi was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he died. The corpse was deposited at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, Ikeja for autopsy. Meanwhile, efforts are on to arrest the suspect.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/cultists-lure-father-2-party-kill/

PIC: The widow, and late Edunjobi(inset).

2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by AngryNigerian(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Na wa oo
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by satelliteDISH(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abeg, make Una no vex. I dey hungry. Since morning, I never chop.

I say make I go kitchen go check weather I go see something put for mouth take hold bele before somebody go call me for work.

After I don scatter every poly bag, plates and pots na only salt I come see wey full bowl.

Na wetin be this na? Why e be say salt no dey gree finish for house?

19 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by qualityovenbake(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2016
Too bad, wasted life. For him to be sympathetic to the rival cults proves that he is either a member or he usually has dealings with them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by johnbuck81(m): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
don't get involve with things like this.. things like this goes with the game.

4 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
There is a statement in the world of cultists " offence nor dey sour". That's what happened, check what he did years ago as a cultists, the hit men just used him to earn new ranks
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by passionate88: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lagos again? No problem sha, after all their governor is also one of them angry angry

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Kenneth205(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
What a sad end! cry
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by veekid(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Lobatan
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
The result of night owambe. Ndi ofe mmanu and party be like Bubu and travel

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by GloriaNinja(f): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
He looks like a cultist to me .
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by royalfamily(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2016
It has been destiny that some won't stay alive witness the change that buhari promise. .As for me n the eye that's reading this we shall live to see the change in Good health n wealth.

17 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by nepapole(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
cekhoe:
There is a statement in the world of cultists " offence nor dey sour". That's what happened, check what he did years ago as a cultists, the hit men just used him to earn new ranks
How do you knw that statement?

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by EvilSeeed: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
[size=15pt]Nigeria which way na sad [/size]
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by jericco1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
and now he's rendered his wife husbandless...
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by cardoctor(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
Whats the gain in joining cults?
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by geraldgiz(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Men of the underworld in human forms, may God save his people. Bad news will not come near u nor will any ordeal befall u, if u agree hit the like button. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Vendoor(f): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hmmmm... Too bad, R.I.P
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Philinho(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
Sodom n Gomora loading.... but God forbid
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Bluette(f): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
God have mercy
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by gbaskiboy: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
bad news everywhere in isheri magodo
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
nepapole:

How do you knw that statement?
I didn't grow up in GRA, I grew up in Benin city, If I mention my area,you will understand how I know

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
ok
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by Cherishing(f): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
@34 you Stil doing cultism ,A family man for that matter
now u see ya life
innocent kids and wife is now left to suffer at Ur foolishness .
One question
Who have ever known peace after joining cultism Infact your problems begins immediately from the moment to make up your mind to join .

All those protestants should be arrested by the police! Nonsense !

Cultism Destroys!

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by cherriton12: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
This is wickedness..
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by passionate88: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
cekhoe:
I didn't grow up in GRA, I grew up in Benin city, If I mention my area,you will understand how I know
ekosodin?
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by emillionaire: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
completed
Re: Cultists Kill Man At Egungun Ceremony In Isheri, Lagos (photo) by sugarwiz(f): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2016
Stay away from bad company....moral lesson.
I wonder wat people derive from bin a criminal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Criminals Burnt By FUTO Students In Owerri [see Photos] / Amber Karaoke & Lounge Nightclub Calabar Owner Accused Of Burying 2 Children / Robbers Shoot SARS Officer Dead On His Way Back Home In Umuahia(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.