Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire (29694 Views)

13-Year-Old Joshua Ajayi Wins N1million On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / First Female To Win N5 Million Naira On MTN Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? / How Do I Sit In Audience Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by soloqy: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2009
I know that guy that won and know his older ones. He is still single because its not as if he is late in getting married.

If he gets married now, it wouldn't be late nor too early.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2009
I would have answered 12 out of the 15 without using any lifeline.
the questions are way to cheap.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by maedan(f): 11:48am On Sep 14, 2009
^^^True, @soloqy, I was thinking how young he looks even with the grey beard and old school hairstyle. I knew a boy in primary school who had a spot of grey hair even then. I wonder how he looks now. I think its called premature greying and to some, it makes one look quite distinguished.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by obake: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
that was an amazing feat to have won 10milla, its no mean achievment. kudos to him.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by cecegorz(m): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
One lesson we can learn from the guy is that general knowledge still pays instead of all these cram and pass education some folks engage in.

He is well educated, well travelled, well informed, a movie buff, a former banker, loves life and looks much like a keen observer of events ( had to picture CNN stream in his mind to answer the 'DAX' question) lol.

Another is that destiny played into his hands. How else can you describe a man whose neighbour  happens to be one of the answers? ( Reminds me of the Slumdog Millionaire)

Forget his singlehood @36. Igbo guys  generally marry btw 34-40 unlike Hausa/Yorubas that hit it well below 30.

For someone that got to Ast. Mgr position in Diamond bank before going private, i don't think he will have a problem with gold diggers.

Finally, as he is from ANAMBRA state, i strongly advice that he should never think of travelling home in the nearest future because ransome takers have all taken their positions behind his village house grin  grin  grin

But wait ooo,  what if they kidnap one of his folks and then 'phone a brother' to drop the prize money?     

Enjoy your spoil, man. Regards to your equally informed cousin ( Without whom you may have landed back to 250k)

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by JProspero: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Na waah for this Aroma guy! I know the guy. He is from Nnewi, Anambra State. I think say those guys na only business they sabi? Where him come get all the brain wey he carry answer all the questions? Hope someone no go talk say na juju the guy use? Congrats, brother! Shine your eye. No blow the money sharp sharp o!
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by soloqy: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2009
cecegorz:

One lesson we can learn from the guy is that general knowledge still pays instead of all these cram and pass education some folks engage in.

He is well educated, well travelled, well informed, a movie buff, a former banker, loves life and looks much like a keen observer of events ( had to picture CNN stream in his mind to answer the 'DAX' question) lol.

Another is that destiny played into his hands. How else can you describe a man whose neighbour  happens to be one of the answers? ( Reminds me of the Slumdog Millionaire)

Forget his singlehood @36. Igbo guys  generally marry btw 34-40 unlike Hausa/Yorubas that hit it well below 30.

For someone that got to Ast. Mgr position in Diamond bank before going private, i don't think he will have a problem with gold diggers.

Finally, as he is from ANAMBRA state, i strongly advice that he should never think of travelling home in the nearest future because ransome takers have all taken their positions behind his village house grin  grin  grin

But wait ooo,  what if they kidnap one of his folks and then 'phone a brother' to drop the prize money?     

Enjoy your spoil, man. Regards to your equally informed cousin ( Without whom you may have landed back to 250k)

@ The highlighted part, abeg no give people ideas o.

Every kind of person visits Nairaland. The Good, The Bad AND The Ugly.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by prodam(m): 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2009
hello nairalanders i am the person that won the money thanx i no be aroma i be prodam haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cry kiss shocked smiley i give him this[img]http://"cup.jpg"[/img] hurray
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by Virgo83(m): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2009
Aroma Ufodike. You made History
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by phemygee(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2009
I am really for him. I guess the man spent most of his time watching all the episodes of "WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE". He deserved to be recognize.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by lawrence83: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
10 million! cool cheda, spend ya money, its yours!
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by peejays(f): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
kinda luks n sounds like sean connery, naijas own, lol kiss
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by ceasyc(f): 12:09am On Sep 15, 2009
i enjoy d show whenever am in d uk angola n 9ja
dat 9ja aroma one was a 9ja classic
d guy was so calm n humble unlike some arrogant/stupid
ones dat i've seen on d show

he reminded me of 1 of d guys who won 1 mil pounds in d uk version of d show,
he literally guessed d last 3-5 questions and kept sayin i am a gambler, i came here
wit nutin so i'll gues n play/continue.i was shocked wen he won a million pounds
dat was just wow!

10 mil naira is not dat much compared to £1 million which is
wot 1 gets if u answer 15 questions correctly in d uk
just convert 1 mil pounds 2 naira, now dat is moneeeeeeyyyyy!

anyhooo 10mil naira's not 2 bad, but its less than 50,000 pounds tho

sure mtn gains alot from ppl texting dem 4 a chance 2 get on d show n all
dat but also remember dat its not only d jackpot of 10 mil naira dat mtn looses as well e.g a bini guy won
5 million naira (1st person 2 have won dat amount n d highest b4 aroma) in d last season of d show,

another guy from benin won 250k (i no dis guy n his family
but he was too pompous n cocky on d show),others have won 1 mil, 2mil, 500k, 250k, etc
add dem up n u'll c dat mtn gives alot of money away too

2b contd
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by ceasyc(f): 12:35am On Sep 15, 2009
contd
wetin frank wan loose e job 4 because person win 10 mil naira?
cmon now he's just d presenter innit? moreover i dont think dat mtn expects no1 to win
d show was made for some1 or ppl to win at least some moni and if possible d 10 mil

i feel dat frank gives ppl hints 2 d right n wrong answers sometimes
especially from 0 naira to 250k, which i think is wrong of him. e.g. if u choose d right
answer, he immediately says is dat your final answer? if u say yes then dey
reveal d answer but

if u choose d wrong option, he goes r u sure u dont
want 2 use a life line? r u sure u dont want 2 walk away? y did u choose
dat option?blah blah blah

sometimes i shout at d screen, oh u fool he's (frank) giving u a hint! but some
ppl r just plain dumb, dey dont get it n end up choosing d wrong answer after all
dat frank tries 2 help dem by giving those hints
but am also amazed dat sum ppl do get frank and change their wrong answer after such hints

just watch him carefully n c, anywayz dats wot he did in d last season of d show
dey've changed sum tins in dis season so u neva no. DAT WAS JUST WRONG
I TOT HE NEEDS TO WATCH D UK ONE AND C HOW ITS DONE! no cheating/hints/noise of any kind

2b contd
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by ceasyc(f): 1:08am On Sep 15, 2009
contd
some1 stated d guy dat won 1 mil pounds in d uk
version of d show and was asked 2 return it.
of course dey did d right tin by finding him guilty n asking him to return
d moni

d guy was a CHEAT,it was shown on d news, he went 2 court,d show
was repeated 4 d public 2 c wot went wrong, d guy had his wife n friend in
d audience to tell him d answers by coughing out loud

1 cough meant option A (cough)
2 coughs meant B (cough, cough)
3 coughs meant C (cough, cough, cough)
4 coughs meant D (cough, cough, cough, cough)
it was so obvious wen it was replayed but in d initial show we tot d
person just had a bad cough

if na 10 mil naira e cheat us i 4 vex well well n more talk less say na
1 million pounds, dats a lot of money man!

oyibole ole, catch am catch am thief thief thief!
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2009
I NOTICED  THE FOLLOWING ERRORS.

1.FRANK WAS NOT SURPOSED TO READ THE ''CALL A FRIEND'' QUESTION ON BEHALF OF AROMA EVEN AFTER SAYING THE NEXT VOICE U HEAR WILL BE AROMAS

2.THEY WENT FOR A BREAK SO AS TO BRING OUT A DIFFICULT QUESTION FOR THE N10M.AM VERY SURE THAT WAS NOT THE INITIAL QUESTION AT HAND.  FOOL PLAY.BUT YET WHAY WILL BE WILL BE.BRAVO AROMA

1 Like

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2009
sholadoma:

I NOTICED THE FOLLOWING ERRORS.

1.FRANK WAS NOT SURPOSED TO READ THE ''CALL A FRIEND'' QUESTION ON BEHALF OF AROMA EVEN AFTER SAYING THE NEXT VOICE U HEAR WILL BE AROMAS

Aroma is not the first person Frank has done that for!!
I used to watch the show back in 9ja and their were times he helped the contestants read the questions especially when the network was bad
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by KakiP(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2009
aroma,keep the flag flying,nnewi for life.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by TheSeeker(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
[Quote author=otukpo]Aroma is a very handsome, cool, intelligent etc man. i watched the show on friday and when he won the 10mills, i rejoiced like say na me win the money.

Kudos to him. He deserved it.[/Quote]

Will all these money-mongers please shut up?! angry angry
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by KakiP(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ The Seeker: why r u hating? its not difficult,just go out there, buy 200 naira card and register lets see if u go even try enter the hall talkmore reaching hot seat. grin
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by jidsey(m): 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
I really duff my cap for somebody like Aroma, he is vast, intelligent and brilliant.
MTN jinx as been broken, Tanx to Aroma.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by GboGboAye: 2:53am On Sep 16, 2009
Abeg make someone upload the video.I trip for the man men
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by IGWEUSA(m): 10:13am On Sep 16, 2009
Anything worth doing at all is worth doing good. . . . AROMA, you perfected your game. Keep it up. smiley
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by sunnykiss(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2009
where d party dey ooooo yeaaahh make una invite me oo
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by AjanleKoko: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2009
After reading through the questions, they seemed pretty easy to me.
Everybody knows Linus Mba is a referee, Wangari Maathai won the Nobel Peace Prize, and Clint Eastwood directed 'Million Dollar Baby'.
Tienamen Square? All you need to do is watch a little CNN.
Unfortunately I work with a competitor, else I for show up next week smiley
No beefing tho. Congrats to the chap.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by spicy007(f): 12:37pm On Sep 16, 2009
i jolly well know Aroma (we stay in the same estate) in Lag. tho its been a while i saw him. I was tripped when i first heard the story on him winning WWTBAM 10 cool million. but asides the 10m, he's a comfortable guy, drives a nice Jeep so i guess he participated in the show just for the fun of it. im really happy for him and i say kudos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by niddamugu(m): 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2009
Nna! just make sure you don't take that trip to ND. or else,
i really envy your courage. i could have walked away looongggg time ago if i was on that hot seat.

congrats bro.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by 9ja4eva: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2009
Can someone post the highlights please?

D guy try sha.
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by 49cents(m): 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
I smell a rat as big as the corporate giant MTN as per the guy winning 10million bucks straight in one game show; i missed the friday broadcast but fueled my gen to catch the repeat  on sunday night my expectations to see a hard fought contest was dashed; like in The Lord Of the Rings where The Ring wanted to be found MTN wanted someone to go all the way to win 10million, EARLY IN THE SEASON SIX , with the logical reason to boost dials to 132 or playing the online game version like Aroma did to get on the show ,

In retrospect i see the following ,

fastest fingers fast was not about really about who was fastest as the question that should be about speed was about thw knowledge of geography "coincidentally" Aroma's said he read the geography as a forst degree, everybody failed the question save for one guy who came pretty distant second!

The first 6 questions were simple and straightforward you dont have to to have trotted the globe to answer you will agree; in the past if you remember many have been forced to use "reasonably" UP TO  TWO lifelines because the question were  not that general and cheap .
With this stage of 6 questions, MTN wanted to sell to us that the questions are too cheap that you dont need to read much to win N120K without even using a lifeline!

1) Which of these is a name of a club in England.
Ans; Blackburn Rovers

2) An establishment where money can be deposited is called
Ans; Bank

3) Which of these is a name given to a boy born on Sunday in Ghanaian tribe
a) Bassey b) Kwesi c) Abiodun d) Ejima

4) Which of the following refers to d word fire
a) Inferno b) Domino c) Scendo d) Tornado

5) According to d constitution, a public officer is not allow to do ant of these in d line of duty
a) Marry a wife b) Bury a dead body c) go to the church for thanksgiving d) Accept bribe or gift

6) The process by which genetic traits are transmitted from parents to offspring is called what
a) Tenancity b) Verification c) Heredity d) Vacidation

The next two questions were tailored to suit the Aroma's  background as being well travelled, a logical reason why he CAN answer the questions! MTN is telling us that your hobbies can come in handy thus reinforcing the belief that you can progress to N500K. Frank highlights this by actually talking about Aroma's background of being travelled at this point.

7) Roland Garros stadium is in which city
a) Paris b) Copenhagen c) New York d) Madrid

Where is Tienanmen Square
a) Mumbai b) Beijing c) Rio De Jeneiro d) Soweto

The next tells us that even along the way should you not know the answer or if not sure dont despair you "idea"  sonic sounds like SOUND and super suggests GREATER. Frank stresses this when he asked Aroma how he got to his choice of answer.

9) The word supersonic denotes which of these
a) A speed equal to that of sound b) A speed grater to that of sound c) A speed equal to that light d) A speed greater than that of light

This is a very cheap question as it is JSS Integerated science with very not to misleading options; MTN says here: you dont have to be a Prof to be on this Hot seat!
10) Which of these hold bones together at joints in the body
a) Nephrons b) Nerves c) Ligaments d) Stitches

Here coincidence can bail you out: as in Aroma's case Linus Mbah lives the next floor to Aroma![/b]11) Linus Mbah achieved fame in Nigerian sporting circles at what
a) Swimmer b) Refree c) Football fan d) Judoka

[b]Your ability to simply visualise again what you see even on TV  can double your winning, just like that!

12) DAX refers to the stock market of which country
a) France b) USA c) Germany d) India

13) Who won academy award for directing the movie"million dollar baby"
a) Clint Eastwood b) Oliver Stone c) Peter Jackson d) Morgan Freeman

A general Entertainment question! What about those crazy questions MTN asked Aroma's "predecessors" which i felt was very unfair.  In the past MTN would put this question like this:

In what year did Clint Eastwood win the Academy Award for directing the movie "million dollar baby"
a) 2001 b) 2002 c) 2003 d) 2004.
even though you knew about "Million dollar baby" and Clint Eastwood you wont be too sure of the year, and you will forced to walk out "reasonably".  Mind you the film they would ask would be like a fiilm made in the 1950's.

14) In which country is the Galeras volcano
a) Lebanon b) Columbia c) Japan d) Eritea

(he uses 2 lifelines (ask d audience and 50/50) on this 5million Naira question. Were you Aroma would you trust whatever the audience? well let's say he just wanted to use the untouched lifelines and hear what the audience had to say; again he would use "idea" on this one as he said it sounded more Columbian than lebanese, japanese or eritrean.

15) Professor Maathai Wangari won the Nobel price for which of these
a) Literature b) Economics c) Peace d) Medicine[/b]he uses his last lifeline to call his cousin Lutana a brain boxer like him

I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION MY ELDER SISTER KNOWS IT.
AROMA TOO DOES NOT KNOW THE ANSWER.  FOR THE FIRST TIME HE ADMITS IT .
HERE MTN WANT TO MAKE IT REAL AND DRAMATOIC,  
AROMA CALLS A FRIEND WHO 15 SECONDS INTO THE 30 SECONDS LIMIT HE HAS TO LIMIT ANSWEWR THE QUESTION AND SAY HOW SURE HE IS:
FRANK BADGES IN ASKS AROMA'S FRIEND HIMSELF AND AROMA'S FRIEND SAID THE ANSWER: PEACE, WITHOIUT TELLING HOW SURE HE! T
HIS IS A [b]10 MILLION NAIRA QUESTIONS
;
AROMA ACCPETS IT AND WINS 10 MILLION!
AROMA'S LIVES HAPPILY EVER AFTER JUNKETING THE PLANET!
WE ALL START, CONTINUE DIALING 132 AND PLAYING THE ONLINE SHOW AS AROMA DID  

PEOPLE IF YOU WERE IN AROMA'S SEAT WOULD YOU REALLY RISK A 4.75MILLION BUCKS IN SECONDS?;
WOULDN'T YOU "REASONABLY" WALK AWAY?;
AROMA DID NOT, EVEN THOUGH HE DID NOT HEAR FROM HIS FRIEND HOW SURE HE WAS OF THE ANSWER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by IGWEUSA(m): 4:34am On Sep 18, 2009
10 million naira in less than 1 hour!! lipsrsealed
Aroma your star is tight. . . Enjoy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by Gamine(f): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2009
Well, They are very smart in their family sha.

Chimuanya Aroma Ufodike

http://www.chiomaandakolisa.com/3_poll.html
Re: Aroma Ufodike Wins N10m Ultimate Prize In Mtn Who Want's To Be A Millionaire by CrudeOil2(m): 1:39am On Sep 19, 2009
Weldone Aroma. btw what does Aroma mean in igbo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Amaka And Phyna Fight / Bbnaija All-star: Lagos Agency Slams Seyi Over Comment About Son / Mo Abudu’s EbonyLife, Universal Pictures Secured Rights For Movie On Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.