Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know (1342 Views)

Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release / Funny Pokemon Go Memes Players Can Relate To / Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2016
Pokemon Go is an augmented reality game on smartphones.

It uses your GPS. You play by walking around the real world catching cutesy little virtual monsters like Pikachu and Jigglypuff in places near your phone location and training them to fight each other.

The monsters in it were first popular in the 1990s when they started on the Nintendo Game Boy. Trading cards were a huge hit in school playgrounds well before Minecraft, but after yoyos and, well, marbles.
Pokemon has been out on Game Boy and DS, it's been a cartoon programme and it's been a low-tech trading card game, but this is the first time it's been a smartphone game.

• Pokemon = pocket monster
•Pokestop = landmark
• Pokeball = a supply that you can throw to capture Pokemon for training
• Gym = a location where Pokemon battle each other
• Pikachu = the most famous Pokemon and an icon of Japanese culture

How can I get my hands on the game?

On the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). It's free but as with other free games, there are things to buy with real money once you're in the game.

Privacy Speculations

Some people have pointed out that because it works in real time, if you are close to another player in the game you can probably see them in real life.
When you sign up to play, you allow Niantic Labs to use your location and share it through the app.
This is similar to what all social networking apps ask for, but while you can turn the location functionality off with the likes of Facebook and Twitter, doing the same for Pokemon Go is going to make you less able to actually play the game.

Source: http://femdevcon..com/?m=1

Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Kenneth205(m): 6:40am On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks Op

1 Like

Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2016
So you need Internet connection to play it?
Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Oliviaxx(f): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2016
With this data i'm managing undecided hm...lemme download it first n' see
Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by boss1310(m): 10:08am On Jul 14, 2016
I heard it hasn't come to Nigeria yet but I wonder how people can play that game in a city like Lagos because you have to go out with your phone to catch monsters.that's an invitation for accidents and for more mad looking people in this country

1 Like

Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by lewispius: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2016
D game no dey naija...
So
E no concern us...
Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by piperson(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
oshey

Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
lewispius:
D game no dey naija...
So
E no concern us...
Get your fact right there is a way you can download it
http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/07/download-pokemon-go-for-android.html?m=1
Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by lewispius: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2016
olasircoded:

Get your fact right there is a way you can download it
http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/07/download-pokemon-go-for-android.html?m=1

Give me screenshots first..
Re: Pokemon Go: Everything You Need To Know by Flashtool(m): 8:56am On Jul 15, 2016
Na under this Nigerian hot sun pesin wan play Pokemon go

(1) (Reply)

My Tecno Camon C8 Was Stolen / Xiaomi Updates Problem / Help Mtn Wan Kill Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.