Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide (1181 Views)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / Student Commits Suicide After Losing $3000 USD In World Cup Gamble / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide by ndelta1(m): 8:20am On Sep 12, 2009
200-Level UNILORIN student commits suicide
By Demola Akinyemi
Friday, September 11, 2009

Ilorin - A 200-level student of the University of Ilorin, Mr Kazeem Adekeye, yesterday in Ilorin, committed suicide. His lifeless body was discovered hanging on the Oyun Bridge.

advertisement

The deceased, who was a student in the department of religious studies, according to Vanguard investigation, was with his friends in Zango area of Ilorin where he was residing till the late hours of Wednesday, cracking jokes with them after breaking his fast.

One of the sympathisers, who pleaded anonymity, in an interview said the late Kazeem did not give any sign or impression that anything was wrong that could have forced him to terminate his own life.

“Nothing was wrong with him. He was okay. There was no problem that could have forced him to hang himself as much as I know. I can’t understand this.

This is unbelievable,” he stressed.

Kazeem apparently tied a strong rope on the bridge iron bar before tying the other end of the same rope on his own neck and then jumped, thereby forcing the rope to jerk his neck. He apparently died writhing in pains, hanging loosely on the bridge. The men of Kwara State Police Command later removed his corpse from the bridge.

The spokesman for the command, ASP Dabo Ezekiel, who confirmed the incident in an interview, explained that Police have commenced investigation into the ugly incident.

He said the corpse has been deposited at the UNILORIN Teaching Hospital.
Re: 200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide by qse: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2009
is this a uni ilorin 9/11 isaster?
Re: 200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide by Nigerd(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
i was told the guy had a lot of carry over
Re: 200-level Unilorin Student Commits Suicide by Oluschenco(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
He is tired of life, studying religious but not religious. grin

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be Famous / Lets Make A List Of Correct Sentences With The word "jega". / Man, 87, Has Married 107 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.