Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,191 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! (14409 Views)

Learning To Code In Naijarea / I Need Online Banking Source Code In PHP, MSQL / Online Banking Source Code In PHP, MSQL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Donald3d(m): 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
dhtml18:

Ooh yeah, bookayasha, thanks
You still dey get the name wrong , hahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by maekhel(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
jidez007:

Even you? Even I have started working on the perfect platform for developers. The combination of Nairaland, gdevit, stackoverflow and quora together... ALL IN ONE
grin grin grin

And mind you those are not my REAL teeth o wink
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
Craigston:

I like what I see there. How can beginners like me contribute to the community there? You know it doesn't feel good being what torrent users call the leech (the guy that benefits without contributing).

Then we have something in common: I'm not good at writing programs but I'm patient when reading programs and I figured it out from the objects he created.
Well, I'm not even good at reading programs because I've not had to debug very large programs (and reading code and keeping track of context will be very important in such a task despite having debuggers). So let me console myself by printing "Hello World!" to the screen (at least it's a start.
printf("Hello World!"wink;

It's a discussion forum for developers, designers and content makers...you could share a story about a bug you faced for months, or talk about the latest on programming languages, domains e.t.c It's very new, hope you join tho
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Solmax:

Your best Languages are
Php
JavaScript
Python
Got it without running the code, I can't really program well but am sure good in reading code.

Thumbs up bro, it wasn't difficult tho...maybe if I randomized or salted the array of languages or scattered the text in the arrays to form a bee-hive you would have spent more time..anyway, good job
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by tr3y(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Craigston:

printf("Hello World!"wink;

Syntax Error Expected expression got wink

1 Like

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
jidez007:

Even you? Even I have started working on the perfect platform for developers. The combination of Nairaland, gdevit, stackoverflow and quora together... ALL IN ONE
That will be super-awesome!! But mind you, the Nairaland.com you see is deprecated - a brand new one is coming out.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
dhtml18:

That will be super-awesome!! But mind you, the Nairaland.com you see is deprecated - a brand new one is coming out.

A product can't be deprecated if a newer version is not yet available, yes the term deprecated means old...but new versions make other versions deprecated grin
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by jidez007: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Awesome ke. Me I dey joke ni o. Something I will use 6 months to develop and I will still be begging people to come and use.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by jidez007: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

A product can't be deprecated if a newer version is not yet available, yes the term deprecated means old...but new versions make other versions deprecated grin
The new one is already coming out in staged releases, once it is completed - I shall no longer support the old one. It will expire like PHP 5, Windows XP and the likes. . . .
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Newbie peeps.... shocked

....Discovered its code wars

*tear race*
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
larisoft:
Am not impressed by what I see a person has done. Not with all the free apps out there available for one to customize and claim ownership of. And definitely not with many brilliant coders lacking GUI skills. Yes; A coder should not have to be GUI design genius.

what I look at are:

1. The neatness of code (does it have comments? is it well tabbed and spaced?).

2. The structure and architecture: Are related classes placed in the same folders? Are there irrelevant classes? If I add a module to this app, will I have to change everything else? Does a method perform only one function or several functions?

3. What are the unique things this app does? Is it basic crude operations (under which circumstances I will think you are good), or does it bring new breath taking algorithms which handle data with so much dexterity one thinks there is a human brain in there. (under which circumstances I will think you are super dope)? Programming is an art. Doing stuff that works is okay. Doing stuff that marvels is ....cool.

Finally, how much of this code did you actually write? It is definitely okay to use someone else's code, after all, the best code is no code at all (learnt that from Code Complete), but you shouldn't take credit for another person's work by posing as though you wrote it.

As for languages, the problem I have with people who claim to know several languages is that they dont even know those languages. You know C# right? If you were given only notepad, would you be able to write a medium-level c# app... like say...a windows form? What about those that claim to know PHP? could you install your own PHP (not lamp stack) and configure your simple notepad scripts to run php? Do you know how that language works? Do you know its founding philosophy and WHEN NOT TO USE IT?

If you could do all these in all the languages you claim to know, you'd definitely know computers deeply enough to justify your claims to bragging rights. But most of these guys only know one language. Some dont even know any at all.
U ar good (thumbs up)
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by jidez007: 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
dhtml18:

The new one is already coming out in staged releases, once it is completed - I shall no longer support the old one. It will expire like PHP 5.0, Windows XP and the likes. . . .

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
jidez007:

Php versions > 5.4 are very much still supported

He probably meant PHP 5.0
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
jidez007:

Php versions > 5.4 are very much still supported
O yeah, but 5.4 and below are dead

1 Like

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Craigston: 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

It's a discussion forum for developers, designers and content makers...you could share a story about a bug you faced for months, or talk about the latest on programming languages, domains e.t.c It's very new, hope you join tho
Registered.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Craigston: 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
tr3y:

Syntax Error Expected expression got wink
Shhhhh... Let's leave it there just to annoy the other developers.
Btw that's not my error. Nairaland misinterpreted it as an emoticon (I wonder which one) and wouldn't display the closing parentheses. I had to edit it to Python 2 style. Bug fixed.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by jidez007: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

He probably meant PHP 5.0
Yes. Just not to confuse beginners.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by FincoApps(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2016
Meanwhile at BlackBerry World cheesy

This is another reason, I'm sticking with BB development
#PinPals

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 16, 2016
^^You are just too much jor!
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by FincoApps(m): 1:11am On Jul 16, 2016
dhtml18:
^^You are just too much jor!

{{In yoruba accent}} Eshe gaaaan
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by jboy01(m): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2016
FincoApps:
Meanwhile at BlackBerry World cheesy

This is another reason, I'm sticking with BB development
#PinPals
Nice app bro.
some people will be trying to develop website for developers while we already have Nairaland and gdevit. My advice to them is that they should think outside the box and find another problem to solve the africa man's way.

3 Likes

Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2016
^^^let them please, i believe that is what is reigning now. Nairaland upgrade is already on the way, those that are interested in assisting with codes, mouth, advices or whatever are welcome to join me on facebook.com/dhtml5 - so far, many nairalanders have been more than helpful.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by GoodBoi1(m): 10:06am On Jul 16, 2016
I've been wondering if Booyakasha is really a girl. All the information I'm seeing online is pointing to a guy or guys. What do you gain claiming to be female? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2016
^^^You are deviating from the top, *Finco, abeg help me bring e-whip i kept in your drawer* ** somebody is trying to turn this place to a toasting section and needs serious e-flogging **
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^You are deviating from the top, *Finco, abeg help me bring e-whip i kept in your drawer* ** somebody is trying to turn this place to a toasting section and needs serious e-flogging **

No, let him deviate abeg...I've also been suspecting because on Nairaland it's @Booyakasha but on gdevit, it's http://www.gdevit.com/@tunerobrainz. Maybe we should open another thread for this, because I sight an e-war coming...more like Mad Max Fury Road

http://www.gdevit.com/@tunerobrainz likes all these manga stuff, @Booyakasha 's nairaland d.p is manga too or shit (I don't even know self)
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
jboy01:
Nice app bro.
some people will be trying to develop website for developers while we already have Nairaland and gdevit. My advice to them is that they should think outside the box and find another problem to solve the africa man's way.

Well I guess you're referring to me,
I'm surely thinking out of the box, friendosphere is not my main project... we devs normally have what we call "Side projects", friendosphere is just one of 'em, got that?
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by FincoApps(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
jboy01:
Nice app bro.

Thanks mehn

And I was about to say the same thing about everyone trying to copy Aricoders and that other one
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by FincoApps(m): 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
dhtml18:

hahahaha I dey come
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by larisoft: 4:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Finco Apps... making sense since 1900
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
Thread getting more and more interesting. . . .
Re: I Can Code In 75 Languages!!! by onedayatime(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
jboy01:
Nice app bro.
african mentality. If facebook have acceptted yahoo messenger supremacy, he wouldn't have created it. Also twitter wouldn't have arrive if he was sure two social apps are only enough, not to mention of bbm, instagram, eskimi, nimbuzz and the rest.
that is why dangote rides on you people till now.
Poor african mentality.
Other programming languages will not be created just because we have c and c++ and jquery creator John Resig would have been afraid because of anjular js and others infront of him likewise react will not have been a success because the dream would just be bury in his heart. You wouldn't have compared laravel with zend and codeIgneter if laravel is happy just to use what programmers like him write.
Poor african mentality

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need Advice On How I Can Create A Social Media / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development / Learn Android App Development For FREE Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.