Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development (14521 Views)

Learning Backend Web Development / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand / Object-oriented Programming In Python(A more simplified and thorough guide). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Holymann(m): 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by LikeAking: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

The Python geng will reply you soon... Just wait.

3 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by spartan117(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
Holymann:
The demand for PHP and Node JS is far higher than that of Python (backend dev) especially in Nigeria.

With this information you choose the one you want to learn.

7 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by shantti(m): 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2022
But is there any advantage of php or node.js in backend development over pythin
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
python not cool for backend.
php does the job.
python works better for system applications and AI technology.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by BlaqFaze: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
Python is very good for backend and stop listening to suggestions that python is only good for Ai/ml....

What makes Python a first choice for AI, data science...is simply because of the great libraries and frameworks Python has..

Same can also be said for Web Dev with the Django and Flask framework which are really good...and there's a new framework now, which is like express(node.js) called FastApi...just do a Google search on FARM stack, it's like MERN stack but with Python/FastApi replacing node.js/express

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Python is very good for backend and stop listening to suggestions that python is only good for Ai/ml....

What makes Python a first choice for AI, data science...is simply because of the great libraries and frameworks Python has..

Same can also be said for Web Dev with the Django and Flask framework which are really good...and there's a new framework now, which is like express(node.js) called FastApi...just do a Google search on FARM stack, it's like MERN stack but with Python/FastApi replacing node.js/express

can python communicate well with html as php does?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by bedfordng(m): 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
If you want fast job opportunities, then PHP, node js has more jobs out there but If your learning python is not urgently triggered for job hunting, then you can learn python as it is also very good for backend.

Learning python doesn't also stop there, you also need to learn how to deploy it online as it's deployment is not as straight forward like PHP , JavaScript.

It's up to you to decide.

10 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by BlaqFaze: 5:58am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

can python communicate well with html as php does?
Yes, and if you're talking about writing PHP in frontend, that's not great atall...the backend should be in a separate file.

There's no advantage of using PHP over Python undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 6:13am On Mar 03, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Yes, and if you're talking about writing PHP in frontend, that's not great atall...the backend should be in a separate file.

There's no advantage of using PHP over Python undecided

oga, python can't create a functional forum website,

php does that perfectly.
php allows user update and delete data from server.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by BlaqFaze: 6:21am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

php does that perfectly.

Django can do that easily and perfectly undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Holymann(m): 8:39am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

php does that perfectly.

QuoraDOTcom is actually built with python

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:

QuoraDOTcom is actually built with python

if true, that is why it doesn't work well on browsers.
that web app has infrastructure issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 9:22am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

php does that perfectly.

Please stop making careless sweeping statements line this! Jeeeez!

And you statement that PHP allows user update and delete data from server is very infantile to say the least.

Have you heard of Odoo? ERPNEXT?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

check out site created with php backend and the so-called sites with python backend.

you will see the difference in speed, response and experience
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

And you statement that PHP allows user update and delete data from server is very infantile to say the least.

Have you heard of Odoo? ERPNEXT?

what's Odoo? or ERPNEXT?

I need to know please.

thanks
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

check out site created with php backend and the so-called sites with python backend.

you will see the difference in speed, response and experience

Lol! From making a silly statement that Python cannot handle Forums you are now switching to the even more infantile statement that Python websites are slower? Really? Are you a real dev or you are just a PHP one-trick pony?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

what's Odoo? or ERPNEXT?

I need to know please.

thanks

Google them. And when you are done, open their websites then come and tell me that Python websites are slow.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! From making a silly statement that Python cannot handle Forums you are now switching to the even more infantile statement that Python websites are slower? Really? Are you a real dev or you are just a PHP one-trick pony?

it's obvious that you are a newbie.

just like python.

if you have worked with PHP, you will understand it flexibilities and abilities.

I have written a webapp from source to finish using PHP.

it was easy and doesn't cost much on my hardware.

but, python ??

it was not that flexible as PHP.

so, I advice that you stop sounding aggressive, I am in a debate to learn.

NOT TO WIN

10 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

it's obvious that you are a newbie.

just like python.

if you have worked with PHP, you will understand it flexibilities and abilities.

I have written a webapp from source to finish using PHP.

it was easy and doesn't cost much on my hardware.

but, python ??

it was not that flexible as PHP.

so, I advice that you stop sounding aggressive, I am in a debate to learn.

NOT TO WIN

Lol....my first computer was in 1994. So yes I'm a newbie. I mentioned Odoo to you did you look it up? It was first developed in 2005 as Tinyerp before it evolved to openERP then into its current name Odoo. Built rock solid on Python. So what we're you saying again about being a noob?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:54am On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol....my first computer was in 1994. So yes I'm a newbie. I mentioned Odoo to you did you look it up? It was first developed in 2005 as Tinyerp before it evolved to openERP then into its current name Odoo. Built rock solid on Python. So what we're you saying again about being a noob?

knowing Odoo is not a yardstick.

the computer world is very big.

no inventor can brag of the monopoly of computer knowledge.

that's why we have open source and collaboration.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by February30(m): 9:56am On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

thanks,

I will test to see how PYTHON will work better as server side/backend language with less pressure on hardware.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by airsaylongcome: 10:03am On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

knowing Odoo is not a yardstick.

the computer world is very big.

no inventor can brag of the monopoly of computer knowledge.

that's why we have open source and collaboration.

My exchange with you IS NOT about who has a monopoly of knowledge. I certainly cannot make that claim. My exchange with you IS about the false statement you made below. Rescind it and I'm done.

February30:

php does that perfectly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Think9ja(m): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2022
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by salvationproject(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Think9ja:
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks
it can be confusing at the beginning but as time goes on, you will get it.
I believe everyone was once in same shoes as yours cause am personally inclusive.
An example of the use of h1 is the title of this post at the top of nairaland but that may not actually be an h1, maybe h3

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Think9ja(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
salvationproject:

it can be confusing at the beginning but as time goes on, you will get it.
I believe everyone was once in same shoes as yours cause am personally inclusive.
An example of the use of h1 is the title of this post at the top of nairaland but that may not actually be an h1, maybe h3

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Ignatiusprince(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
L
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by jimmyolasun: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Why you no try Cobra?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by ABCthingx: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by xeratek: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
Go and learn PHP fast

ABCthingx:
Programmers, python and php which one has more jobs opportunities?

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by WebWriter: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
I believe it

I'm available for tech Content Writing jobs, if you have anyone you know of, kindly share with me.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by 00FFT00(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
YES!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Programing Language Is Best To Start With / I Need Advice On How I Can Create A Social Media / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.