Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo (18779 Views)

Kasimu Abdulkarim Takes Over From Jude Egbudom As GOC 2div. Nigerian Army / Division In Senate Over Amendment Of CCB Act / Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by funmilade4real(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2016
J
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by AxeurdaddyIX: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2016
tysontim:
the only prominent Igbo man in the military now kicked out? Hahaha this Buhari administration is not favourable to Igbos at all.

Well make una take heart it is just temporary

But what is wrong with you?? Read through again, the man stepped down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by lonelydora: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:
1st Division Nigerian Army (Mechanized) - Kaduna

3rd Division Nigerian Army (Infantry) - Plateau

2nd Division Nigerian Army - Oyo

81st Division Nigerian Army - Lagos

82nd Division Nigerian Army (Amphibious and Airborne) - Enugu

7th Division Nigerian Army - Borno

8th Division Nigerian Army - Borno

Your moniker though undecided
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by tonio2wo: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
My reaction to this story;
Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
tysontim:
the only prominent Igbo man in the military now kicked out? Hahaha this Buhari administration is not favourable to Igbos at all.

Truth be told, Buhari is wilfully concentrating the security apparatus of this useless country in the North.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by danigbo(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
God dey !
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by southpole: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
tysontim:

With the level of hate coming from the Igbo at home and diaspora towards BUHARI leaving such a man there may frustrate the fight against boko haram just to give the impression that BUHARI is incapable of fighting boko haram.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by donchijoz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
mission about to comple..............

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Keziehenry(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
We are practising NORTHOCRACY
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by attacker321: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
shamecurls:
[size=2pt]Nice One!

God bless The Nigerian Armed Forces

God bless President Mohammadu Buhari

God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[/size]

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by attacker321: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Zoharariel:

Truth be told, Buhari is wilfully concentrating the security apparatus of this useless country in the North.

It is deliberate.

The people that have refused to acknowledge this fact are those that worship him as their lord and saviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
NORTH Vs SOUTH..
SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT.

======NORTH======
1. SGF
2. Chief of Army staff
3. Chief of Air staff
4. Chief of staff
5. NSA
6. Special Adviser on media & publicity
7. GMD NNPC
8. MD NPA
9. Chief of Defence Intelligence
10. Special Adviser on Planning
11. INEC Chairman Mahmood Yakubu
12. DG DSS
13.CG Customs Service
14. CG Immigration Service
15 CG NSDC
16. IG of Police
17. DG DPR
18. MD AMCON
19. ED AMCON
CEO of NAICOM
20. DG EFCC
21. DG FRCN
22.DG NTA
23. DG NBC
24. DG NOA
25. MD NIWA
======SOUTH======
1. Head of Service of the Federation
2. Chief of Defence Staff
3. Chief of Naval Staff
4. MD NIMASA
5. Chairman NNPC Board
6. Chief Economic Adviser
7. Special Adviser on media and publicity
8. MD FIRS
9. Special Assistant on National Assembly matters
10. Group Executive Director NNPC
11. Executive Director AMCON
12. Special Adviser Niger Delta Amnesty
13. DG Budget Office
16. DG NAN
17. DG VON
18. MD Nigerian Gas Company
19. Commander Multi-National Joint task force on Bokoharam
20. Ag. MD Bank of Industry
21. DG NEITI
22. Senior Special Assistant (Media)
23. MD NDDC
================
Aside from having the following Major positions to persons from the southern Nigeria:
================
1. CBN Governor
2. Minister of Finance
3. Minister of Trade and Investment
4. Minister of Petroleum (state)
5. Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Minister of Health
7. Minister of Transport
8. Minister of Works, Housing and Power
9. Minister/ Chairman National Planning Commission
10. Minister of solid Minerals
11. Minister of Communication technology
12. Minister of Science and Technology
13. Minister For Labour and Employment
14. Executive Secretary of NCDMB.
================
Mr president don't want us to look at positions with that mentality that one is juicer than the other, he wants all positions to be embraced as a national call to duty to serve. But even if we were to go the traditional old thinking way of juicy positions, the South is favored with more of such positions.

They are in charge of Works, housing, power, finance, Niger Delta, Transport, Health, foreign affairs, petroleum, National planning, Justice, solid minerals, interior, defence. You then wonder what ministries are left to the North.
================
So the next time someone is telling you that president Buhari appoints only Northerners, tell that person politely that based on empirical facts available sir/ma, you are very very wrong.

Ps: we should be concerned about what dividends we would collectively gain rather than where Mr A is from or Mrs B was born. This mentality didn't give us much in 16 years of our democracy. Infact those we call our sons and daughters have done more harm than good to our immediate constituencies..you only need to check our history~~~
Culled from: Oladapo Michael Ilori

3 Likes

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Puresolutions: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
The North is not just slowly over powering the North,the South is being crushed,crubled and colonised under it's rulership

Why is that each time i hear an appointment under this administration it follows suit with an 85% probability the assigned post would be followed with a Northern name.

Are the southeners cows to be driven by this administration with it's parochial n egotistic tribal mis-appropiety ?

Help me please
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by oloworulz(m): 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
tysontim:

they no vote for am during election na. ambode should do the needful and wipe the Igbos out of Lagos
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Puresolutions: 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
LasoulMacuby:
NORTH Vs SOUTH..
SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT.

======NORTH======
1. SGF
2. Chief of Army staff
3. Chief of Air staff
4. Chief of staff
5. NSA
6. Special Adviser on media & publicity
7. GMD NNPC
8. MD NPA
9. Chief of Defence Intelligence
10. Special Adviser on Planning
11. INEC Chairman Mahmood Yakubu
12. DG DSS
13.CG Customs Service
14. CG Immigration Service
15 CG NSDC
16. IG of Police
17. DG DPR
18. MD AMCON
19. ED AMCON
CEO of NAICOM
20. DG EFCC
21. DG FRCN
22.DG NTA
23. DG NBC
24. DG NOA
25. MD NIWA
======SOUTH======
1. Head of Service of the Federation
2. Chief of Defence Staff
3. Chief of Naval Staff
4. MD NIMASA
5. Chairman NNPC Board
6. Chief Economic Adviser
7. Special Adviser on media and publicity
8. MD FIRS
9. Special Assistant on National Assembly matters
10. Group Executive Director NNPC
11. Executive Director AMCON
12. Special Adviser Niger Delta Amnesty
13. DG Budget Office
16. DG NAN
17. DG VON
18. MD Nigerian Gas Company
19. Commander Multi-National Joint task force on Bokoharam
20. Ag. MD Bank of Industry
21. DG NEITI
22. Senior Special Assistant (Media)
23. MD NDDC
================
Aside from having the following Major positions to persons from the southern Nigeria:
================
1. CBN Governor
2. Minister of Finance
3. Minister of Trade and Investment
4. Minister of Petroleum (state)
5. Minister of Foreign Affairs
6. Minister of Health
7. Minister of Transport
8. Minister of Works, Housing and Power
9. Minister/ Chairman National Planning Commission
10. Minister of solid Minerals
11. Minister of Communication technology
12. Minister of Science and Technology
13. Minister For Labour and Employment
14. Executive Secretary of NCDMB.
================
Mr president don't want us to look at positions with that mentality that one is juicer than the other, he wants all positions to be embraced as a national call to duty to serve. But even if we were to go the traditional old thinking way of juicy positions, the South is favored with more of such positions.

They are in charge of Works, housing, power, finance, Niger Delta, Transport, Health, foreign affairs, petroleum, National planning, Justice, solid minerals, interior, defence. You then wonder what ministries are left to the North.
================
So the next time someone is telling you that president Buhari appoints only Northerners, tell that person politely that based on empirical facts available sir/ma, you are very very wrong.

Ps: we should be concerned about what dividends we would collectively gain rather than where Mr A is from or Mrs B was born. This mentality didn't give us much in 16 years of our democracy. Infact those we call our sons and daughters have done more harm than good to our immediate constituencies..you only need to check our history~~~
Culled from: Oladapo Michael Ilori

I was just speaking of this and had been trying to convince people that strategic positions are being swindled to Northern people.

Thanks for sharing this.

This nation was moving forward before this administration away from our tribal lineage in how things are done,This guy there knowing he has some days left is sowing seeds for future conflicts.

We are waiting and watching
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by ademusiwa12: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
I now by royal proclamation ask the military to send several of its men abroad for compulsory training . At the back of tax payers.
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Abrahamtaylour: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2016
RedCapChief:
Appointment noted! cheesy
U funny with style
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by solaere(m): 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Even i'll support biafra always replacing igbo wit hausa pmb is looking for trouble,this is unjust now if dis man get back home nd engage his military trainin against them like d case of osama of the US !!!
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Alokendra(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Is it funny to you as a yoruba man becos so far igbos are yet to exit Nigeria?

Wait until igbos leave Nigeria, we will see just how funny things get for Odu-arewa republic.

U people put Nigeria on this destructive part in 2015 election and laughing calling igbo, as if yoruba hand are full with appointment. pathetic!
My friend, keep kwayet and shut DA FCK up. are you guys these daft? how did the Yoruba put Nigeria on a destructive mode? oh, by not voting for the clueless one? you lots are shameless. You're always right while others are wrong. Your voting choice is the right one while others do not have the right to vote their choice candidate hypocrite. No matter the short comings of Buhari, I'd still take a worse Buhari than a clueless and corruption-ridden GEJ. Na appointment i wan chop ni. we voted out a president who supervised the brazen looting of our common wealth, and you're yearning trash. Whether you like it or not, Yorubas have been fairly compensated. I don't care if you believe it or not. Their appointments do not matter to me as it do not affect the average Yoruba. Buhari was and is by far a better candidate than your messiah GEJ. I campaigned for Buhari cos of his anti corruption stance and which is exactly what he has been doing. If you're hurt that we voted out the clueless one, go and die. Hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by jrusky(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Please can I ask a question from Buhari.

1. Please so in your brain sir Mr Buhari or Alhaji Buhari you felt comfortable as a true Leader of a country with over 450 Dialects with different region seen only one part of the country getting appointment to head all Security post in the country and to you t's normal

2. Alhaji Buhari so are you telling us now that it was only hausa and fulani that voted for you

3. So even the South West that nearly killed themselves for you don't even deserve anything

4. So according to your APC sold out fools they claimed Gej did same by appointing the South to Key post but I still can't recollect when did Gej appointed all the army chiefs, police chief, Immigration Chief, Custom Chief and the senior boy scout called Civil Defence Chief and they are all from South I can't remember when that happened beside if even Gej did such please Mr Alhaji Buhari do you have to do same

I just can't understand why God is punishing Nigeria this harsh by given us this kind of leader and a useless party like APC. I know the deluded brain dead APC rats will still come here and say it doesn't matter where who or who came from its a shame I really sorry for the Yoruba people and I'm so ashamed of them including the sold out bastard of Niger Delta, Amaechi and the self made hausa and fulani slaves called Okorocha and Ngige all of you see your lives please what is now your gain for voting Fulani to power to the extend you all nearly killed yourself and ends yourself in bin becoming a total shadow of yourselves. Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Faru1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:
The appointment of a Northerner as the GOC of the newly formed 8th Division should not cause a ruckus. What I find intresting is that Borno State alone now has two Divisions of the Nigerian Army. 7th Div at Maiduguri and 8th Div at Lake Chad. This is expectedly so because of the current counter insurgency operation going on in that theatre. What this also means is that Borno is now the first state in Nigeria that has a combined Military units with the strength of an Army Corps

Thanks for your productive Info's/comment. plz tell them cos I have stop commenting on this NL over critical issues because of the way and rate at which people are being biased in their takes on vital issues promoting hatred ,ethnic sentiment ,disunity and what afew
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
The last time I checked,so far 25 Northerners has bn appointed and 21 Southerners appointed on various offices. So what is the problem? The Northerners do not give a damn which language the man from the North speak as far he or she is a Northerner. In the South emphasis is always on the tribe the man comes from despite the fact that it is the same South. When u say is Kachikwu not an Igbo Man? the same Igbo pple will deny him and tell u he is an ANOMA. Who then are the ethnic bigot?
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by gentlecharles: 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
Northern agenda
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
The Southners appointed in different positions are the not Nigerians and Southerners?
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Mob2323(m): 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
tysontim:

everything buhari,you be devil incarnant we nigerian rebook you
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Patented: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
GOC 7div is an easterner.
waternogetenemy:

Is it funny to you as a yoruba man becos so far igbos are yet to exit Nigeria?

Wait until igbos leave Nigeria, we will see just how funny things get for Odu-arewa republic.

U people put Nigeria on this destructive part in 2015 election and laughing calling igbo, as if yoruba hand are full with appointment. pathetic!
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Buikechukwu35(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
1 Nigeria my foot
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

If I say what I want to say now, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 will come and do their worst.
Fear fear
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by cenaboy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
StepTwo:
see comments.

Nigeria is finished.

Gen Ihejirika fought BHaram to a still he was removed and said he is killing the north, when he left, towns and LGAs are being held by BH, Now another Igbo man his done a good work in the northeast by flushing these BH yet again they just removed him. the hate of the Igbo's will cause Nigeria a lot. He is among very few that was not forcefully retired and the only high Ranking Igbo man in the Nigeria's army. God bless Igbo Nation despite the massive hate against Igbo's.
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by july66: 1:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
MILFangela:
The appointment of a Northerner as the GOC of the newly formed 8th Division should not cause a ruckus. What I find intresting is that Borno State alone now has two Divisions of the Nigerian Army. 7th Div at Maiduguri and 8th Div at Lake Chad. This is expectedly so because of the current counter insurgency operation going on in that theatre. What this also means is that Borno is now the first state in Nigeria that has a combined Military units with the strength of an Army Corps
one div with more brigades would have bn ok instead of 2 div.
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
The northernization of this country defence is shocking.
Re: Ali Nani Appointed As GOC Army's 8 Division In Borno, Replaces Okonkwo by djPyper: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
op you forgot to mention the other apointees which are:
Ibrahim eder: 1st Assistant Goc
Idris Ronaldo: 2nd Assistant Goc
The appointments are effective immediately.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Not Yet Nigerian President – Rep, Sopuluchukwu Ezeonwuka / Uche Nwosu: Buhari Will Sweep South-east Despite Obi’s Nomination / New E-passport Valid For All Countries - NIS Reassures Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.