Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam (10192 Views)

Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) / Barrister Halima Buhari Visits President Buhari With Her Daughter In Aso Rock / Halima Buhari Called To Bar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by plaetton: 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
babadee1:

There is nothing like a passed state. I just gave you the definition of a failed state and I explained why Nigeria doesn't fall into that category. I know you are frustrated with Nigeria, we all are. But there are many Nigerians who have returned home from western countries and they are doing much better here at home. Yes Nigeria has failed to live up to its potentials but it is not a failed country. It is still a land of opportunity for those who are patient and willing to make the necessary sacrifices.
Bros, I agree with most of what you're saying. We all do.

But consider for example, if you were a citizen of Benue, you stand there and watch waves of Ak-47 wielding Fulani herdsmen kill, pillage and sack one Benue community after another, proudly parading around their prizes with their AK 47s, while the police looks on from a distance, impotent.

Would then consider Nigeria a failed state or not?

Consider as another example, the residents of ikorodu and parts of Ogun state fully under the control of bandits that Rob, rape and kill residents as they like.

Ikorodu is in the outskirts of Lagos, the financial hub of Nigeria and infact, Africa.

Can you tell the residents of these areas that you have a functional government in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by Misterdhee1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
I guess Op graduated with a First from the University.. Stupidity is when you expect human beings like you, to be almost perfect, when your life spells "IMPERFECTION" in high pitch.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by hyeeshat(f): 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
Sweetlemon:
How many people here have not failed an exam or at anything before?
Some of the most successful people in the world have been known to fail not once, twice, three, four, or five times but many times. You have not failed until you give up!
Gani Fawehinmi graduated with a 3rd class from Law school or was it his LLB?
both..both law school and d university. ...day tink say it's easy....as a law student sf its not easy we pray everyday to come out with good grades...and law sch is even more tedious dan in d university
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by babadee1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2016
plaetton:

Bros, I agree with most of what you're saying. We all do.

But consider for example, if you were a citizen of Benue, you stand there and watch waves of Ak-47 wielding Fulani herdsmen kill, pillaged sack ine Benue community after another, proudly parade around their prizes with their AK 47s, while the police looks on from a distance, impotent.

Would then consider Nigeria a failed state or not?

Consider as another example, the residents of ikorodu and parts of Ogun state fully under the control of bandits that Rob, rape and kill residents as they like.

Ikorodu is in the outskirts of Lagos, the financial hub of Nigeria and infact, Africa.

Can you tell the residents of these areas that you have a functional government in Nigeria?

There are parts of this country where the violence is definitely out of control. The govt does not yet have a grasp on the criminal activities of those Fulani herdsmen or those Ijaw militants. But there was a time when the govt did not have any answer for Boko Haram either and that situation has been improving steadily. The key is not to lose hope. Our major problem in this country is tribalism, we see ourselves as foreigners to one another, encouraging hostility to the point where one tribe can invade the territory of another on a whim and wreak havoc. Nigeria has a unique problem in this regard and it is fixable but it will take a lot of time and effort, as well as positive constructive thinking.

hahn:

I agree. I am too young and wish to be enlightened. List them here.

Let me help you out.

Is power supply better?
Is the country more secure?
Is the standard of education better?
Are the cost of things cheaper?
Does the naira have more value?
Do we have NEW and better leaders?
Are the youths now the leaders of the country?
Is water supply better?
Do we have better roads?
Is healthcare better?

And a little elaboration on the points won't be doing too much.

Thank you

Again, there are still a lot of problems in Nigeria. But there is probably only one thing you need to remember, there are more millionaires in dollars living in Nigeria today than at any other point in her history. There is more wealth in Nigeria than in any other African country in the world, and more and more of that wealth has nothing to do with exposure to government. Developed countries were also developing at a point in time, they were developed by innovative and hardworking citizens not by their governments. Blaming govt and waiting for govt to do everything for us is a mindset problem for Nigerians. We need to do better for ourselves by ourselves instead of just complaining.
Out of all those salient problems which you have listed which one are you going to try to solve my brother? I think I have said enough.

1 Like

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by JohnsonOlanre: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
dimieprincess:

not it seems, she failed that is why she sat for the re-sit. Today call to bar was strictly for re-sit students.
She dull like her father

So the dullness dey inside blood. Olodi presidential family ruling over baboons and monkeys. If this no be curse, I no know wetin e be.

Olodos ruling nigeria since 12 B.C.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by hahn(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
babadee1:

There are parts of this country where the violence is definitely out of control. The govt does not yet have a grasp on the criminal activities of those Fulani herdsmen or those Ijaw militants. But there was a time when the govt did not have any answer for Boko Haram either and that situation has been improving steadily. The key is not to lose hope. Our major problem in this country is tribalism, we see ourselves as foreigners to one another, encouraging hostility to the point where one tribe can invade the territory of another on a whim and wreak havoc. Nigeria has a unique problem in this regard and it is fixable but it will take a lot of time and effort, as well as positive constructive thinking.

Again, there are still a lot of problems in Nigeria. But there is probably only one thing you need to remember, there are more millionaires in dollars living in Nigeria today than at any other point in her history. There is more wealth in Nigeria than in any other African country in the world, and more and more of that wealth has nothing to do with exposure to government. Developed countries were also developing at a point in time, they were developed by innovative and hardworking citizens not by their governments. Blaming govt and waiting for govt to do everything for us is a mindset problem for Nigerians. We need to do better for ourselves by ourselves instead of just complaining.
Out of all those salient problems which you have listed which one are you going to try to solve my brother? I think I have said enough.

Chairman, it appears you have nothing to say
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by JohnsonOlanre: 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
This thread pain we APC youths no be small. If na GEJ daughter fail this failure we for like am but our baba daughter? No we no gree!

The Op na ugandan ipob!

God punish this thread!
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by babadee1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
hahn:

Chairman, it appears you have nothing to say

I have said enough, hopefully some other users have learned something from the exchange. Have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by hahn(m): 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
babadee1:

I have said enough, hopefully some other users have learned something from the exchange. Have a good day.

Hopefully tongue
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by AgentOfAllah: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
plaetton:

I kinda get your point, but I disagree.

You can't rationalize FAILURE, make the rationalization of failure a sub-culture, and then expect to compete favorably in a competitive world.

If we continue to rationalize FAILURE, that mentality Rob's us of the necessary impetus needed to make corrections and move forward.

Just entertain yourself with the plethora of excuses our leaders at every level rationalize for their many many failures.

How many of our past and present leaders have ever ever admitted a mistake, failure, a regret for their policies and actions ?

None.
You seem to have misapprehended my intention. I never wished to propose such a dangerous notion as rationalising failure. In fact, it seems we both agree about owning up to one's failures. I've only gone a step further to suggest that the reason people naturally refrain from doing so is because of society's irrational hostility towards it.

My understanding of failure is captured in the following scenario:

Suppose in my attempt to achieve a particular goal (goal x), I approach it using methods A and B. At the end of my attempt, the goal remains unachieved. My ideal response should be. "I failed at achieving goal x because methods A and B were flawed. As such, I will now try methods C and D." This way, progress has been made.

On the other hand, if I expect people's reactions to be harsh criticisms, castigation and denigration, my response to my own failure would most probably be denial and an unhealthy appetite for other people's failures. This here, is why Nigerian leaders will continue to be in denial of their failures. Because Nigerians can't wait for them to fail, and then, pounce on them mercilessly! We've cultivated a kind of vindictive culture that makes mediocrity the easiest option. By the way, many natural geniuses are in practice, mediocre, because they are comfortable succeeding in small things, for fear of failure. And that fear stems from the perception that failure is a thing to be ashamed of, and this is mostly cultural.

Another good example.
Nigeria is a FAILED state.
Each time I say that , someone is quick to tell me that it's not, despite a universe of evidence pointing to the obvious fact.

As for Nigeria being a failed state. I suppose we don't agree on the definition of terms. To me, a failed state is one which has lost control of its economic and political existence. As far as I know, Nigeria hasn't lost economic/political control yet. I may concede that it is a weak state, but it is definitely not weak enough to be failed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by AgentOfAllah: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
babadee1:

Fantastic response!

1 Like

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by OlandoOwoo: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
It is so unfortunate. This has got to be the height of madness!! Thank God she's getting served on her own thread.

What epic nonsense.

Just look at her diction and you can tell she must have re-sat english language a dozen times in WAEC before they eventually got tired of seeing her name and letting her go out of pity.
Many fools on this thread can't even differentiate between the op and dimmieprincess. Look at what hate has reduced you to. It really sucks to be from a place where a cock cannot crow because of Fulani marauders, but yet run around social network forums looking for how to insult a tribe that gives no hoot about low lifers. Mchew!!
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by OlandoOwoo: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
aressssa:
When your brother Joe Igbokwe say your losers hate and hate for nothing, you losers dey foam for mouth.... grin
With all your support for mediocrity, I am yet to see any improvement . In Nigeria of today, losers are those who sold Buhari to us as a Messiah, only to be confronted with the highest level of cluelessness. When will your master-slave relationship with your super masters stop?
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by handysuzy(f): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
deife:

And THAT WAS how...

So you see, nobody knows it all. smiley

Olodo rabata...
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by Teespice(f): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
dimieprincess:

thanks dear parvenu, I am just too angry with people trying to glorify her father for call to bar. I don't have anything personal against her and I am happy for her, I just can't fathom why this will be a news. I guess the Ops in other threads showing off her call to bar never knew she failed. I have friends who failed and had to 're-sit this year, they were called yesterday but none try to create mountain out of it because it's not too fanciful for one to fail bar part 11 finals (just 40 marks to pass).

Everyone in life must have had a ugly experience (failure) but making news out of it (in the name of politics) is what I despised

wow. just wow.

I wrote the 2015 bar exams and trust me, that 40 marks you call just is what many people pray to get because the system of marking is very strict and even a very intelligent person can fail because of a very small mistake.

until you write that exam and finish with a pass, you have no justification whatsoever to call her a dullard like her father. if anything I am happy she passed last last.

na your type go sit behind keyboard dey yarn opata. don't bother replying me cos I won't dignify you with a response.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by MaziOmenuko: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Only a small percentage of Nigerian graduates finished 8-10 semesters without a carryover; some of us even rocked extra year with pride.
Nothing do us; it's all about laughing last.

I love you Zahra, okk, this is about Halima.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by An0nimus: 12:17am On Jul 16, 2016
dimieprincess:

thanks dear parvenu, I am just too angry with people trying to glorify her father for call to bar. I don't have anything personal against her and I am happy for her, I just can't fathom why this will be a news. I guess the Ops in other threads showing off her call to bar never knew she failed. I have friends who failed and had to 're-sit this year, they were called yesterday but none try to create mountain out of it because it's not too fanciful for one to fail bar part 11 finals (just 40 marks to pass).

Everyone in life must have had a ugly experience (failure) but making news out of it (in the name of politics) is what I despised

It's simple why no one heard about your friends. None of them are the daughters/sons of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And no, it's not like PMB's kids went about broadcasting it more than your friends would do (like an instagram pic). It's because bloggers will always make a mountain out of everything these kids do. Like them or not, they are celebrities in a way.

I reserve my other comments.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by oduz: 3:28am On Jul 16, 2016
dimieprincess:

not it seems, she failed that is why she sat for the re-sit. Today call to bar was strictly for re-sit students.
She dull like her father

Halima Buhari Sheriff attended Law School as a nursing mother, whatever her challenges, now that she has scaled that hurdle I think every young lady who understands what 'motherhood' is should be proud of her. My sister, are you saying you don't fall into this category ? Cheer up your type, Please lets ignore the Dino-quent Melayes

cool
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2016
dimieprincess:

She dull like her father
yet she's a barrister today. How many times you write waec
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2016
plaetton:

I raise my hands .

I had never failed an exam.
Neither did Gani.

Fail exams?

There is a reason why it's called an examination.
To test ability to think and solve problems.

Failure is failure.

Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2016
How she no go fail, when nah aboard she go study and flex life... She think sah book for Nigeria nah beans
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by deife(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2016
handysuzy:

Olodo rabata...

Methinks you're pathologically incorrigible. It's so true that half knowledge is lethal. I won't dignify you with another response.
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by theshaderoom: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2016
doctokwus:

Mr or miss,an educational system that produced a GEJ as a supposed ph.d holder and his wife,patience as a 2.1 degree holder is capable of being influenced in any field by anybody,so don't go to any conference rubbish.

This person am quoting is very funny. You just don't want to believe that there is an incorruptible system in Nigeria... yes the nigerian law school is incorruptible and I can say it anywhere... who no go, no know sha
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by theshaderoom: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2016
dimieprincess:

In same way, a military base that produces brains like the chief "dullard" as general can never provides security for the common man. I can decipher why there is so much insecurity in Nigeria. Jonathan speaks better than anybody in y.......

Jonathan children can't fail bar finals, an exam with just 40 marks for pass and the "dullard's" daughter can't pass it once.

You keep saying "just 40 marks for pass" like u know what u are saying... my friend will u keep quiet. You have to pass ALL your courses to pass the law school. If you fail even one course then re sit awaits u
Re: It Seems Halima Buhari Failed The Last Bar Exam by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
handysuzy:
Earlier today, news of president Buhari's daughter being called to bar circulated like wildfire on the internet, but there is seem to be something behind those glittering pictures.

It has been revealed that the people who were called to the Nigerian bar today are those who failed or had conditional passes from the last bar exams. Could it be that the president's daughter failed or had conditional pass?

Sighs!

http://factflyers.com/seems-halima-buhari-failed-last-bar-exam/
And so! Is she not a human being or what

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Food Security Threatened As Floods Destroy Farms / Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? / [video and PICTURES] Giant Snake Found In Lagos Nigeria Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.