Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% (5778 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Buhari Appoints Elias Nwalem Mbam as RMAFC chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by ikdaddy01(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Failure everywhere.
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
idupaul:
As usual they attempt to Justify their wickedness and thoughtlessness by comparing our VAT rates with that of other countries again without also informing us if South Africans use generator from morning till night to run business or if South Africans contribute money to fix pave their streets and provide thier own security, they also failed to tell us if all south Africans have to buy dispenser bottled just to drink water , whether south Africa spends 80 percent of it revenues paying salaries of Govt appointees that do little or nothing ...

I need to buy you at least one bottle of whatever you drink.

Good one.

The comparison he made is very shallow and unfair.

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Any government that wants more money from the people must:

1. Give an accurate and transparent account of how the current level of revenue is being spent on capital and recurrent expenditure.

2. Give a 'value for money' assessment of each naira spent in 1 above.

3. Give a definite promise and tie specific deliberables to the additional money being asked for.

4. Be ready to resign if 3 is not achieved.

Any govt that's not willing to do this is exploitative and may just want more money for looters
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by jpphilips(m): 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
No thoughts of what to do for the people, increase in taxation is the lazy man's way of generating revenue.
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Mavrick2012: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
I'd suggest palliatives be put in place to cushion the inevitable rise in prices of commodities should this policy see the light of day- the wallets of average Nigerians have been stretched to their elastic limits already.
Just imagine,under a govt expected to better the "wallets of average nigerians".pdp/apc are just a monumental calamities to this country
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by jpphilips(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
idupaul:
Minimum wage and allowances have been reduced ,electricity tariff increased by 50 percent, fuel prices increased by 70 percent, exchange rate destroyed and now increment in VAT ..Mark my words Buhari will turn Nigeria into one of the poorest places on earth. .I pray to God to remove and correct this economic mistake of a man

It was a proposal by RAMFAC it hasn't been accented to by the president yet. Obasanjo turned it down during economic melt down, it is unlikely buhari will run along at low crude prices, I don't know if you are aware that Buhari did not support subsidy removal if not the bombing that left everyone with no choice, I can bet my left ball you have no idea buhari did not support floating the naira (devaluation) till it got to a point where we could no longer afford to fix the naira.
If i were you, instead of hating Buhari, pray for peace and progress because many economic uncertainties is bound to leave the leadership with no choice. Nigerians must be circumspect of their actions and understand that every action has a reaction, that way we may likely escape the unforeseen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by idupaul: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
jpphilips:

It was a proposal by RAMFAC it hasn't been accented to by the president yet. Obasanjo turned it down during economic melt down, it is unlikely buhari will run along at low crude prices, I don't know if you are aware that Buhari did not support subsidy removal if not the bombing that left everyone with no choice, I can bet my left ball you have no idea buhari did not support floating the naira (devaluation) till it got to a point where we could no longer afford to fix the naira.
If i were you, instead of hating Buhari, pray for peace and progress because many economic uncertainties is bound to leave the leadership with no choice. Nigerians must be circumspect of their actions and understand that every action has a reaction, that way we may likely escape the unforeseen.

Obasanjo and Jonathan were proposed 10 naira for the RFMAC to suggest 7.50k show it has been deliberated with the presidency ..it will certainly be increased by Buhari..remember that there is a 50 tax on most bank transactions these days that is not even being accounted for .how can I hate a man I campaigned and voted for ..his incompetence just irritates me these days..the man won't achieve nothing

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by idupaul: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
omenka:
I'd suggest palliatives be put in place to cushion the inevitable rise in prices of commodities should this policy see the light of day- the wallets of average Nigerians have been stretched to their elastic limits already.

Can you suggest an apt palliative please
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Okeycima: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
Is this not the same people can recommend the slashing ☀̤̣̈̇f HOR and SENATOR and presidential salaries as well as other elective officials? Y won't they do ɩt? And why will they propose an increments on VAT?. CHIE! Poorman Don suffer for naija
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by rhymaholic: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
This is long overdued. They should implement it already. Nigerians always want everything from the government and are never ready to sacrifice and pay taxes. Nigeria's VAT ratio is the lowest in the world. Let them increase it already and use the money for its purpose not loot.
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by ideykwum: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
idupaul:
Minimum wage and allowances have been reduced ,electricity tariff increased by 50 percent, fuel prices increased by 70 percent, exchange rate destroyed and now increment in VAT ..Mark my words Buhari will turn Nigeria into one of the poorest places on earth. .I pray to God to remove and correct this economic mistake of a man

You forgot to add the new FRSC requirements, including new tyres for users whose tyres are older than three years etc. Imagine if you have a 17 rim tyre to change??
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by jpphilips(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
idupaul:

Obasanjo and Jonathan were proposed 10 naira for the RFMAC to suggest 7.50k show it has been deliberated with the presidency ..it will certainly be increased by Buhari..remember that there is a 50 tax on most bank transactions these days that is not even being accounted for .how can I hate a man I campaigned and voted for ..his incompetence just irritates me these days..the man won't achieve nothing

I can't make out anything from what you wrote, are you epileptic?
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by MasterJayJay: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Do you know the agency/organization in charge of fixing the salaries of elected politicians at the federal level? It is the same RMAFC. Why can't they cut down drastically salaries/allowances of these politicians?

They are only interested in collecting from masses to feed the politicians. Foolishness as its peak!!!

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by papaa4: 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
If dey add 2.5% Vat wht will poor mass get 4m it because d 5% vat is nt been used 4 d poor masses
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by abisola192(f): 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
Increase Vat to 7.5 - 10%?.. Even Firs can testify to the large amount of Nil returns it receives every month besides, an increase in any tax payment for now is *lips sealed* cry shocked
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by iamhorlufemi: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Odani:

my dear we live in a country where the govt take pride in inflicting pain on its citizen,

Wrong.

citizens take pride in inflicting pain on its citizen.

It's the citizens who fail to make the system work.

Greed is the problem with the Nigeria citizen.

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by cyril2016: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
pls don't help to make the government unpopular, try taxing NASS members. l will also suggest that we reduce our NASS members wardrobe and other allowances.
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
idupaul:
As usual they attempt to Justify their wickedness and thoughtlessness by comparing our VAT rates with that of other countries again without also informing us if South Africans use generator from morning till night to run business or if South Africans contribute money to fix pave their streets and provide thier own security, they also failed to tell us if all south Africans have to buy dispenser bottled just to drink water , whether south Africa spends 80 percent of it revenues paying salaries of Govt appointees that do little or nothing ...

.Gbam"" well said

If they must compare their vat /tax to that of South Africa they should start by providing basic amenities equal to that of South Africa which they
supply to their citizens in abundance, with good road net work and no visibility of potholes.

in fact they build millions of free houses for low income earners yearly,and some of the welfare that government provides are as follows :

free education up to secondary school level With free lunch

free medical Care including foreigners.

accident fund

old age grants, women 63yrs men 65yrs

child grant up to18yrs, i e for low income single parents

Hiv patient grant

T B patient grant

Educational trust fund for higher institution. i.e pay in instalment when you start working

this is just to mention a few

Nigeria government is a fraud simple

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by idupaul: 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2016
jpphilips:

I can't make out anything from what you wrote, are you epileptic?

No it
ain't it's just that you are a pay per post freak.
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by 14(m): 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
carmag:

.Gbam"" well said

If they must compare their vat /tax to that of South Africa they should start by providing basic amenities equal to that of South Africa which they
supply to their citizens in abundance, with good road net work and no visibility of potholes.

in fact they build millions of free houses for low income earners yearly,and some of the welfare that government provides are as follows :

free education up to secondary school level With free lunch

free medical Care including foreigners.

accident fund

old age grants, women 63yrs men 65yrs

child grant up to18yrs, i e for low income single parents

Hiv patient grant

T B patient grant

Educational trust fund for higher institution. i.e pay in instalment when you start working

this is just to mention a few

Nigeria government is a fraud simple

isnt it because the nigerian budget is 5 times lesser than that of SA. NIGERIAN budget 2016 is $21bn and South african budget 2016 is $100bn
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Izen: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2016
kaz4sure:
Another questions that keep bothering my mind is that why should VAT be collected at the federal levy?

Each state can collect their VAT and use it to develop their states rather than this monthly federal allocations of VAT where some lazy governors share from what they have not even contributor for.

States already collect income tax
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 16, 2016
14:

isnt it because the nigerian budget is 5 times lesser than that of SA. NIGERIAN budget 2016 is $21bn and South african budget 2016 is $100bn

Africa biggest economy comes to mind if you said so
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by femicyrus(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
government will soon be competing with religion for tithe and offering in nigeria cry
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by id2019(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
u just made a senseless post. why dont u just keep quiet if u dont have anything to say
Re: RMAFC Wants VAT Increased To 7.5% by urbanmonk: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
30% will be better. Zombies, how market?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lies About FG On Going Works In SE...Enugu Axis Example!!! / Emir Of Kano Looks Unrecognisable In Igbo Attire / Solution To Nigeria's Population Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.