Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 (20021 Views)

Naira Among Worst Performing Global Currencies In 2016 / Naira is Worst Performing Currency In Africa In 2016-The Economist / Under Buhari: Naira Is Now Africa's Worst Currency....thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by goodforsomthing: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Where are we going in this country,just wish someone can just give visa to leave this country for good.

Anyone looking for someone to send abroad?

Naijabet man is asking
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
And to think that this is just one year out of the four years. What comforts me is that we all are suffering it. Both those who were paid to praise APC here in nairaland and other newspapers. We never see anything yet. FFK and others warned us but we refused to listen. We rather called them wailers. Kerosene is 300 a litter now. Let's enjoy the change
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by GEJPosterity: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
eiBADAn:

Brother i feel you, it is your post so you would want to justify it. In all honesty, if you were asked to choose between stacks of N1,000 and stacks of Zimbabwe dollar, which would you pick? We all know the answer bro. Let us be realistic.

Dude please be quiet and quit embarrassing yourself in the name of defending a government that does not know you exist. Zimbabwe does not even use the Zimbabwe Dollar anymore, and they haven't done since 2009! They use a basket of currencies including South African Rand and US Dollar.
By April 2009, the Zimbabwe dollar was suspended indefinitely. The government has adopted a multiple currency framework which includes the Australian Dollar, Botswana Pula, British Sterling Pound, Chinese Yuan, Euro, Japanese Yen, Indian Rupee, South African Rand, and United States Dollar
www.xe.com/currency/zwd-zimbabwean-dollar

See you here lying about "stacks of Zim Dollar".

Typical APC fanboy.

Liar.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Ofemmanu1: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
TippyTop:

Imagine Somalian currency trumping the Naira, Somalia has no central govt since Siad Barre was overthrown in 1992.
Bubu was not prepared for governance, we warned you people.

What personal achievement can Bubu boast of since leaving office in 1985? None, I repeat none.
Bubu couldn’t upgrade himself after leaving office why do people expect him to upgrade Nigeria?

If Naira is the worst official performing currency in Africa then Bubu is also the worst performing president in Africa.

#impeachtheDullardnow
Somali ke?! Imagine Togo, Ghana, Niger rep and Rep of Benin currencies trumping the greatest "NAIRA"?!
Even if buhari is twice as st.upid, Zombies would still clap for him.
Being a zombie is hell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by NavierStokes(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
eiBADAn:

Brother i feel you, it is your post so you would want to justify it. In all honesty, if you were asked to choose between stacks of N1,000 and stacks of Zimbabwe dollar, which would you pick? We all know the answer bro. Let us be realistic.

Alright lemme put it in clearer terms for you if you do not understand. Nigerians have gone poorer the most compared to the same time in the reference period under review.
As a quick illustration:
A nigerian man who owned 1000000 in loose terms may have had his investment whittled down by day 50% within the period.
And a Zimbabwean within the same period under review may have had his investment whittled down by say 20%.

Numbers don't lie, the reason I said an unbiased quantitative assessment.
You can chose to qualitatively hold on to sentiments but anyone who works with numbers would understand the simple explanation I am giving.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Ofemmanu1: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
chinex276:
2015 King bubu of the north said and i quote : 'walahi ip u bote poh me i will shwarly make one neira ekwals to one dawla''
And the zombies swallowed the hook, line and sinker..
Zombie is worse than hell.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
GEJPosterity:

Dude please be quiet and quit embarrassing yourself in the name of defending a government that does not know you exist. Zimbabwe does not even use the Zimbabwe Dollar anymore, and they haven't done since 2009! They use a basket of currencies including South African Rand and US Dollar.

www.xe.com/currency/zwd-zimbabwean-dollar

See you here lying about "stacks of Zim Dollar".

Typical APC fanboy.

Liar.

You are mega mumu. why are you so pained? I am not sympathetic or apologetic to any political party or president. I do not have any political affiliation bro. Take it easy bro before you give yourself hypertension. The Zimbabwe currency got so bad that they had to cancel it. They had to print Z$ 100 trillion banknote. We are still using N1,000 note not Z$ 100 trillion banknote. You are just very ignorant. Don't kill yourself because of any political party. You might have HBP or Hypertension. I suggest you join us in my office for the free medical checkup for our staffs. I would personally tell the doctors to treat you.

This is from Oanda.com

Zimbabwe Dollar
Overview

The Zimbabwean Dollar was the official currency of Zimbabwe from 1980 to April 12, 2009.

During that time, the currency suffered three massive redominations to deal with high face value paper denominations brought about by hyperinflation. At one point, a Z$ 100 trillion banknote was printed.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by linohlex: 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
somali currency kwa better than ours cheee! soon everybody will be asked to donate to enable FG implement capital project as it was done in 1985.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by GEJPosterity: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
eiBADAn:

You are mega mumu. why are you so pained? I am not sympathetic or apologetic to any political party or president. I do not have any political affiliation bro. Take it easy bro before you give yourself hypertension. The Zimbabwe currency got so bad that they had to cancel it. They had to print Z$ 100 trillion banknote. We are still using N1,000 note not Z$ 100 trillion banknote. You are just very ignorant. Don't kill yourself because of any political party. You might have HBP or Hypertension. I suggest you join us in my office for the free medical checkup for our staffs. I would personally tell the doctors to treat you.

This is from Oanda.com

Zimbabwe Dollar
Overview

The Zimbabwean Dollar was the official currency of Zimbabwe from 1980 to April 12, 2009.

During that time, the currency suffered three massive redominations to deal with high face value paper denominations brought about by hyperinflation. At one point, a Z$ 100 trillion banknote was printed.

You're so dense that you don't understand that you have proven my point.

The article said the Naira is Africa's worst PERFORMING currency. You have confirmed that the Zim Dollar has been cancelled and is no longer traded so it does not perform at all whether good or bad. It is dead.

Which leaves the Naira as Africa's worst PERFORMING currency.

Geddit??

Sheesh. Some of you are so aggressively stupid, it's scary.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
NavierStokes:

Alright lemme put it in clearer terms for you if you do not understand. Nigerians have gone poorer the most compared to the same time in the reference period under review.
As a quick illustration:
A nigerian man who owned 1000000 in loose terms may have had his investment whittled down by day 50% within the period.
And a Zimbabwean within the same period under review may have had his investment whittled down by say 20%.

Numbers don't lie, the reason I said an unbiased quantitative assessment.
You can chose to qualitatively hold on to sentiments but anyone who works with numbers would understand the simple explanation I am giving.

I work with numbers, I understand things are so bad in this country but let us not scare ourselves to death. We still use N1,000 note not Z$ 100 trillion banknote. I am not apologetic or sympathetic to any political party bro, everything increased from the 1999 when democracy started. I have learnt not to blame anybody but myself for anything that happens. The gap between the rich and the poor is wide in this country which is not supposed to be so. let us handle issues ourselves and stop blaming the government for everything bro.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
GEJPosterity:

You're so dense that you don't understand that you have proven my point.

The article said the Naira is Africa's worst PERFORMING currency. You have confirmed that the Zim Dollar has been cancelled and is no longer traded so it does not perform at all whether good or bad. It is dead.

Which leaves the Naira as Africa's worst PERFORMING currency.

Geddit??

Sheesh. Some of you are so aggressively stupid, it's scary.

No time bro. Case closed.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by slowbreeze(f): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Record breakers..They destroyed d country in 16yrs..but u r destroying it in 10times over in just one year....It is either dat some idiots r too blinded by tribalism and hate to see dat dis dude is destroying nigeria wit his whack policies,or they r too ashamed to admit it..
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Ofemmanu1: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Rose2014:
APC should pls ejoor, biko biko biko kindly take us back to 2015

grin

You mean the good-old 2015?!
When a dollar was N160, fuel sold at N67/L, kerosene @N50/L, Tomatoes for N50, Pure water @ N5, Noddles @N25, Fresh big egg N25, semovita N170/kg cheap garri & electricity bills, chicken @N650/kg, Bread @N100/700g?!!
Oh lawd, we have we done to deserve a daura govt?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by GEJPosterity: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
linohlex:
somali currency kwa better than ours cheee! soon everybody will be asked to donate to enable FG implement capital project as it was done in 1985.
...And right on cue...
http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/07/15/low-revenue-responsible-for-delay-in-release-of-capital-projects-fund-fg/
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by iamord(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Somali ke?! Imagine Togo, Ghana, Niger rep and Rep of Benin currencies trumping the greatest "NAIRA"?!
Even if buhari is twice as st.upid, Zombies would still clap for him.
Being a zombie is hell.
your points are off point you know....What's great about the naira that you call other nations into your shit.? .. Is it not your hand work that reflects in the economy? . Why then are you bitter when you say the other nations faring well.. As you lay your bed so shall you lie on it.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by slap1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Irredeemable zombies will still figure a way to explain how it's not Buhari's fault. Zombies are brainwashed creatures.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2016
Well the reason why the naira is falling is simple.

We are not earning enough from oil. And the truth is, things would have been slightly better if either gej saved as he should, or pipelines were not destroyed.

Only way to a strong naira is to become a manufacturing society . Of course, that means some years of hardship while we sort out power, transport and markets for our products, but it would be worth it

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Goddex: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
madridguy:
BUHARI do something fast to safe our NAIRA.

The man is deaf oo . . . . hope he hears you
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Ofemmanu1: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
iamord:
your points are off point you know....What's great about the naira that you call other nations into your shit.? .. Is it not your hand work that reflects in the economy? . Why then are you bitter when you say the other nations faring well.. As you lay your bed so shall you lie on it.
Yes, it is our handiwork.
The moment a slow-old daura cow emerged the winner of the presidential election by a mammot 150million voters, i knew we are right IN IT!
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Rose2014: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

You mean the good-old 2015?!
When a dollar was N160, fuel sold at N67/L, kerosene @N50/L, Tomatoes for N50, Pure water @ N5, garri @N200 Cheap electricity bills, chicken @N650/kg, Bread @N100?!!
Oh lawd, we didn't deserve a daura govt.
Yes o
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by bezimo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
TippyTop:

Imagine Somalian currency trumping the Naira, Somalia has no central govt since Siad Barre was overthrown in 1992.

What personal achievement can Bubu boast of since leaving office in 1985? None, I repeat none.
Bubu couldn’t upgrade himself after leaving office why do people expect him to upgrade Nigeria?

If Naira is the worst official performing currency in Africa then Bubu is also the worst performing president in Africa.

#impeachtheDullardnow
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by GEJPosterity: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

We are not earning enough from oil. And the truth is, things would have been slightly better if either gej saved as he should, or pipelines were not destroyed.

Only way to a strong naira is to become a manufacturing society . Of course, that means some years of hardship while we sort out power, transport and markets for our products, but it would be worth it
Femi Adesina how are you?

Bawo ni family e?
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by rhymaholic: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Emeifele the CBN governor needs to be gone before now. He looks clueless at this moment.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Gchimez: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Domislaz:
We may soon be going back to "trade by barter"
. Soon e go happen.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by tonio2wo: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
emmadejust:
things will get better soon...

The 'soon' don tay joo
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Abra4real(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
eiBADAn:

I paid for someone's UK Visa recently using my Naira Mastercard Sir although i was charged an exorbitant fee but that does not compare with Zimbabwe dollar. I did not complain because i care less. It does not affect me. That is not the issue here maybe you are wailer, i don't know about you but i live on God's economy not man's. If you say I am commenting from my 2 by 2 bed from Maiduguri then you are mistaken. You just have Poverty HIV embedded in you. Number one, I am not from the North and i have never been there and do not plan to go there. Number two I am not sympathetic or apologetic to any political party or president. What i believe is that, you are part of the ignorant fools that believe all they see on the media. I smell poverty from our post. Omo Ase

Fact check, I ain't a wailer nor a zombie. I don't support any political party. But isn't it true that the Nigerian Naira is fast loosing its value? As for the 2" by 2" bed, sorry about that. It's true that naira still has weight than a Zimbabwean dollar, but are you waiting for the naira to decline in value 'til it equals the Zimbabwean dollar before you accept that it's declining? Just my two cents.

"But you sef dey write as if you be one Hausa boy wey no see anything wrong for this administration." I recently read on Facebook comment a boy from the noth saying Buhari will rule 8 years Insha Allah. I thought you were one of them.

FYI, I don't argue about politics. In fact, I can't do politics.

Last question oga: you must get too much money to not bother about exchange rate o. Hope is not...? Well, I comment my reserve. No, I reserve my comment.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by Abra4real(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
eiBADAn:

I paid for someone's UK Visa recently using my Naira Mastercard Sir although i was charged an exorbitant fee but that does not compare with Zimbabwe dollar. I did not complain because i care less. It does not affect me. That is not the issue here maybe you are wailer, i don't know about you but i live on God's economy not man's. If you say I am commenting from my 2 by 2 bed from Maiduguri then you are mistaken. You just have Poverty HIV embedded in you. Number one, I am not from the North and i have never been there and do not plan to go there. Number two I am not sympathetic or apologetic to any political party or president. What i believe is that, you are part of the ignorant fools that believe all they see on the media. I smell poverty from our post. Omo Ase

Fact check, I ain't a wailer nor a zombie. I don't support any political party. But isn't it true that the Nigerian Naira is fast loosing its value? As for the 2" by 2" bed, sorry about that. It's true that naira still has weight than a Zimbabwean dollar, but are you waiting for the naira to decline in value 'til it equals the Zimbabwean dollar before you accept that it's declining? Just my two cents.

"But you sef dey write as if you be one Hausa boy wey no see anything wrong for this administration." I recently read on Facebook comment a boy from the north saying Buhari will rule 8 years Insha Allah. I thought you were one of them.

FYI, I don't argue about politics. In fact, I can't do politics.

Last question oga: you must get too much money to not bother about exchange rate o. Hope is not...? Well, I comment my reserve. No, I reserve my comment.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by happney65: 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
TippyTop:

#impeachtheDullardnow

omolola15 come and see this..i thought you said Mr Bubu's new policies go bring up our Money..Una own don finish,u don format my PC for me,I go finish you..Na only us dey this world...You are a Real Zoombiee..... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by ClintonDal(m): 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
And their e-warlords are nowhere to be found. Mention Dasuki now and you'd see them screaming for the returns of their yams undecided undecided
Anyways thanks to God the last person in my fam just got his Intl Passport. Na checking out sure pass, SA is not far! cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by july66: 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
NavierStokes:

Source:https://www.thecable.ng/its-official-naira-now-africas-worst-performing-currency-of-2016

Performing worse than even the Zimbabwean dollar? Now I know we are in trouble.
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by mosjames: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2016
*In WandeCoal's Voice* Once upon a time, they tell us say 1Dollar = 1Naira
Re: Naira Now Africa’s Worst Performing Currency Of 2016 by ClintonDal(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

^^^^^
Z_ _ _ _ _. Fill in the blank spaces!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Business Can I Start With #100000? / Save Us; Flour Companies Are Killing Our Businesses, Bakers Beg FG / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.