Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? (27179 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by talktrue1(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Last week, I was at Enugu for a wedding and wanted to buy something worth of N65,000 from market. I went to use my Ecobank ATM card on Union Bank ATM along Ziks Avenue. I withdrew N20,000 three times i.e. N60,000 and put it in my bag. On getting to the seller, I removed N5,000 from my wallet and added to the money I withdrew from ATM. After counting the money twice in my presence, he said that the money is N62,000. I counted it back myself and it was short of N3,000. I searched my bag again and nothing was left inside

I was sure of the N5,000 from my wallet, and so definitely the shortage was from the ATM. Having withdrawn three times and having a shortage of N3,000, It therefore means that I was paid N19,000 on every N20,000 withdrawn.

I couldn’t go back to the bank for complaint since it was ATM transaction and I have never experienced such.

Na so I lost N3k for this hardship

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by mu2sa2: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
You must first discount that the seller did not use "sleight of hand". Personally I have never heard of anyone under/overpaid by atm. But i know of a person who found a fake 1k in the money dispensed by atm.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by talktrue1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
mu2sa2:
You must first discount that the seller did not use "sleight of hand". Personally I have never heard of anyone under/overpaid by atm. But i know of a person who found a fake 1k in the money dispensed by atm.

No, I was with him as he was counting the money.
I was surprised because I have never experienced that or heard of it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by dollaflow(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Have experienced plss take ur cash without money dispensing b4

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Rhayour: 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
talktrue1:
Last week, I was at Enugu for a wedding and wanted to buy something worth of N65,000 from market. I went to use my Ecobank ATM card on Union Bank ATM along Ziks Avenue. I withdrew N20,000 three times i.e. N60,000 and put it in my bag. On getting to the seller, I removed N5,000 from my wallet and added to the money I withdrew from ATM. After counting the money twice in my presence, he said that the money is N62,000. I counted it back myself and it was short of N3,000. I searched my bag again and nothing was left inside

I was sure of the N5,000 from my wallet, and so definitely the shortage was from the ATM. Having withdrawn three times and having a shortage of N3,000, It therefore means that I was paid N19,000 on every N20,000 withdrawn.

I couldn’t go back to the bank for complaint since it was ATM transaction and I have never experienced such.

And u come keep quiet, something wey u for don send mail to ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com No matter what dem go investigate am.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Stephenfid: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
The issue is frm the ATM programming, so you shud lay your complaint to Union Bank and not Ecobank
talktrue1:

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by talktrue1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Stephenfid:
The issue is frm the ATM programming, so you shud lay your complaint to Union Bank and not Ecobank

They may not believe my story since it was dispensed and debited the exact amount from my account.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Peachlane: 7:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
It happens. I have been a victim was debited 12000 but was paid 6000. Ecobank ATM

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by okomummy: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Peachlane:
It happens. I have been a victim was debited 12000 but was paid 6000. Ecobank ATM
What measure have you taken so far?.
Send them email to ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com or their WhatsApp 08087603717 Gbam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by lonelydora: 2:21am On Jul 17, 2016
Happened to me at UBA ATM inside Ariaria market in 2012. Withdrew 20k thrice and got 57k total instead of 60k.

I always have this feeling that anything in Aba is all about wayo. Something in me told me to count the money before leaving the ATM, so I did. Went straight inside the bank to lay complain, they never knew I understand Igbo language. One of the CCR was telling her colleague that I was the 9th person that is complaining that day, that she can't really understand why the machine is shorting cash by 1k.

Mehn, they didn't even ask me to fill any form, they pointed one man behind the counter to me that I should go and meet him. Immediately I told the man what happened, he just dipped hand inside his drawer and gave me 3k without any filling of form. Since that day, whenever I withdraw from any ATM that's not my bank, I always count the money even till date. I no wan hear story for this kind hard time.

138 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by AdaAnambra: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2016
Peachlane:
Really? Did you make any complaint ? You should send them a mail to investigate on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by talktrue1(m): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2016
AdaAnambra:
Really? Did you make any complaint ? You should send them a mail to investigate on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com

Am I to complaint to ecobank when the transaction was done with Union Bank ATM.

@lonelydora Thats the same thing that happened. Was paid N57k instead of N60k.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by dominique(f): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2016
Sometime ago I withdrew some cash at a very public ATM with so many people lurking around, so I couldn't count it. I just dumped everything into my purse and went shopping. By the time I got home, I took account of my purchases and the balance left with me but there was still about N2,500 not accounted for (the ATM dispensed N1000 and N500 notes). I had to list out every single item I bought including N100 drink yet I was still over N2,000 short. I dont have any evidence that the ATM short-payed or maybe I lost some cash while shopping which is highly unlikely , all I know is that I lost N2,500 in this change era, so painful sad embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2016
If ATM isn't trustworthy in Niqeria.... Please who are we to trust?? cheesy cheesy...........

By the way.........Op it is PAID not Payed
[size=32pt]Take note wink[/size]

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2016
Never experienced such
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by ignis: 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Never experienced such.

But I have been over payed by the ATM twice.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Generalkorex(m): 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
No
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Victorakats(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
Though a bitter experience, it's not new to the banking sector and because there's little or no evidence of such transactions, you can't get your money back. To avoid pitfalls like this, use relatively new or digital ATM machine like the ones that First Bank use for both dispensing and depositing cash.
Though you're not meant to, please count your money before leaving the ATM for confirmation purposes.
Nobody wish to work and then waste his money like that.
So sorry about the your loss... You'll recover it back in another way.
All the best!

Don't go through your pains alone, pour your heart to someone who cares, visit www.amaraofficial.com

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Flexherbal(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
No!
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
This can be fixed na. Go to your bank to lay a complaint. The Bank's ATM you used will do a reconciliation. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2016
No, i havnt... But i wont take it easy if it happens oooo. Na break i go break the machine.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by ak47yong(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
mu2sa2:
Was overpaid once by an ATM sweetest 500 of my life thou it was thorn

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Tonylyte(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
no. If atm short-pays u then the evil spirit wey dey follow u fit posses tb Joshua sef.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by yomalex(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
N
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by jamex93(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2016
For naija na normal thing b DAT wan nau

That is y I dey always enter bank go use dem AtM once I withdraw I go count am if e no complete na to start para dem must complete my money

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by theophorus(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
Never been Short paid.
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Equado(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2016
Yes, happened to me last year was short paid #9000
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
naija. i dey hail o
Re: Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2016
Uniorin atm ah no feat 4gt i swear #God.bless.bbf

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa / Cooking Gas Price Increases By 61% / My Experience After Serving My Oga For 7years Including My Gain And Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.