Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? (1016 Views)

Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates / The Usefulness Of Linkedin When Job Hunting / Recruiters Will Call You If They Find These 3 Things On Your Linkedin Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? by collinsoft(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello Nairalanders

I am just a little bit curious about how linkedin.com has helped people get job or change career. When I log into my profile, I sometimes see about 10-15 persons who viewed my profile. Most times, the viewers are from reputable company but I have never gotten an invitation for interview from any of them.

I would want to know if viewing of profile by company or individual of repute has resulted to interview invite for any one on this forum or those who make use of linkedin.com.

Do recruiter go viewing people's profile with the sole aim of recruiting?

Many questions going through my mind.

Your responses would really be appreciated as am getting more view from some notable company recently. Does it mean they are showing interest in my experiences and would send me invite?

Lala please do the needful
Re: Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? by Raydos: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
The first question you should ask yourself is "why are they viewing my profile"?

In my opinion, i believe it has to be one of these 3 reasons.

1. You checked their profile

On linkedin, you'll come across very many interesting people, many of which you'll check their profile (out of inquisitiveness or admiration). When this happens, they'll get notified someone checked their profile and they may be persuaded to retaliate the gesture.

2. You applied for a Job.

I get profile views when I apply for a job in or outside of linked in, this is because a link to my LinkedIn profile is on my CV. When this happens, I get that grin feeling...LOL.

3. Out of random surfing.

Yeah, this sadly is responsible for quite an handful percentage of profile views on LinkedIn undecided

LinkedIn profile view notification can get right about everyone excited, especially if it's from a top HR personnel.

My advice is that you don't get too excited about it. smiley smiley. Work some more to make your profile more attractive, interact with people, join in on discussions, publish a couple of articles around your chosen field and relax.
Re: Veiwing Of Linkedin Profile, any significance? by guiddoti: 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
did you apply to the company? if yes! then your profile has been reviewed as to confirm if you have the qualification and experience for the job. Make sure your profile carries every info about you, your past experience, your project, your skill etc Note that most companies will likely hid their identities. But for individual checking your profile is normal for human to be human.

(1) (Reply)

Betheland Computer Institute, Global Plaza Jabi Abuja Vacancies / 2 Vacancies At 4 Points By Sheraton Hotel, Lagos / A Secretary Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.