Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

The Usefulness Of Linkedin When Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Usefulness Of Linkedin When Job Hunting (564 Views)

Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / 8 Things You Must Keep In Mind When Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Usefulness Of Linkedin When Job Hunting by dramaticspeak(m): 5:54am On Nov 09, 2017
I think anyone looking for a job should go and create a page on linkedin if they have not gotten one. Most of the jobs I see on job boards I see them first posted on linkedin by HR managers. There was a job I applied for and later I saw it on job boards. That means those relying solely on job boards for vacancies have carried last. But it is not just about establishing a presence on linkedin. You have to follow and connect with the right people. Be active by posting relevant information and making intelligent comments on peoples post. Share helpful post. Build a relationship with people. Nowadays its not all vacancies that will ever get to job boards.

I urge every job seeker to take advantage of this platform. Create a profile. For those who have gotten jobs through linkedin kindly share your experience below to encourage others. The interesting thing is you are not limited with linkedin. You can always get international jobs if you are qualified.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Management Trainees Recruitment 2017/2018 | Apply Now! / Business Opportunity / Cornerstone Staffing – Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.