Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today (25302 Views)

Policeman And LASTMA Spotted Fighting In Lekki (Photos & Video) / LASTMA Official Beaten To Stupor By Keke Napep Riders (photos) / How Bakare Surajudeen Olatunji Was Killed In Lagos - LASTMA Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by princeakins(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
Manage this one

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Timoleon(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
undecided this is an everyday story with lastma. Goodwork though. You tried.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by opeoluwa2(f): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
First OP, the situation is pathetic, but if you want your case to be heard and you want to draw the attention of Ambode, paste this picture on every blog, facebook, bbm and all social media that matters.

Not all lastma are corrupt, most are just greedy and hungry.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
?
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
A lastma officer wanted to do something similar to me, telling me I passed a wrong route, when I did not. I did as if I wanted to park and sped off, he then quickly brought out his phone and snapped my plate no like superman. I wanna ask please, is there anything he will do with my plate no he snapped. This happened 4 days ago in Oshodi. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by DedeNkem: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
What these thieves do every day is to wear useless uniform and extort money from citizens just like police!
Pure criminals!

You've every right to record them, especially, when they're committing crimes. They're public servants and have no privacy rights as long as they on uniform!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by sorom4: 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Where is the authorities and Mr. Integrity when yo need them most?

Things like this (reports) should always be encouraged and the criminals in Force Uniform persecuted publicly so as to serve as a warning to other criminals milking us dry in the name of been in a uniform.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by valiantheartprod(f): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
In mark angel voice, eh sir its nt fair oh, its not fair oh
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Rockstar07: 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lol...Oga what happened to an app called dumpster which works in a way when you delete it'll be seen deleted but it'll actually be kept in the folder which you can have access to it and restore it back for your blogging use... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nathkem01(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2016
Na so dey dey do......useless officers
If dey are hungry come see dem for iyana ipaja here they go change eyes for u until u give dem sumtn,I used to give dem #200 to let us pass....yeye officers
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by MrMcJay(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP, if you can get the name of the Lastma official or any of the policemen, paste it on Twitter and tag Ambode. By next week, the Lastma and Policemen would be applying for FG's 5K for unemployed Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by shreck(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
Firstb0rn:
This happened today friday 15th of July,

I boarded a bus (danfo) going to Yaba. As soon as we got to onipanu bus stop, a lastma officer stopped our bus and Instructed our bus driver to get down. If it were to be America or Spain, it would have been wise to get down, but this is lagos, getting down means you are rsady to give your car/bus away. This man refused to get down (the driver). All he kept on saying was "Oga, wetin I do?" The LASTMA official told him "Come down first, we will tell you when you get down"

Everybody in the bus kept shouting and murmuring. c'mmon, this driver didn't violate any law. A policeman walked up to us and was like "Oga get down, I would talk to the LASTMA officer for you". Since the policeman assured him about his safety and of his vehicle, he got down and went to talk.

Few minutes later, the driver came back with two other LASTMA Officer and was explaining something to the officer. Out of curiosity, an old man asked the driver what really happened, the driver then said they said his Route ans Route number is not clearly written on the bus. I got down to check and I realized it was all false. The route number and all other required informations were written on the bus but it was already fading. I then told the police man 'but oga, this thing dey dere na, e just don fade small'. The police man told me to mind my own business. So I left them ans entered the bus.

The bus driver was busy talking to the officials on how and why the Informations on the bus was no longer clear, he even told them, he would re write it immediately.

A LASTMA officer entered our bus and wanted to drive us away. Other passengers were shouting and insulting him. As a blogger, I brought out my camera phone and took pictures of the scene.

One of the officials saw me snapping them and walked up to me. He was like 'You are snapping abi, oya bring that phone'. I smiled back and I was like, I'm only doing my job sire. Then he took it personal and almost slapped me. But he cautioned and called a police man to come take me away to the station. It was just like film :p. The police man dragged me with my belt like I stole something or I was caught raping. He dragged me into their police van and told me I will sleep in police cell today. I was just smiling. I'm sure the guy got confused. He was like, 'wetin dey ur bag' I showed him everything including my FAAN Identity Card. We are both working for the Federal Government I said.

I brought out my other phone so I could call a relative. The police man collected it and he was like I'm not allowed to make call... "E ma gba mi keh" I said (In my mind of course)

After a while, they promised to let me go if I delete those pictures I snapped earlier. Since they Insisted, I deleted most of it and hide some, because they were watching me closely. After I was done deleting those pictures, I showed them the phone and they left me.

The funny part was, they started laughing with me like nothing happened earlier and one of the officials promised to drive us to our destination (Yaba)

The way LASTMA frame up public bus drivers all in the name of tip and bribery ehn... God will save us.

N.B: Some of my sentences may be wrong, was rushing.

Don't dull brother please put this on their Facebook page.
Think of the fuckery you went through, you sef do your own

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by tosyne2much(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP, na so dem dey do... Na wetin dem go chop na hin dm dey find cheesy
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by seedorfy134(m): 9:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
igbaju yen o ma dun e gan ni oooo.........
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by ikdaddy01(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
They re lucky, if it were my phone, as i de snap it automatically uploads to my cloud server. Even if de force me to delete, i will still have all backup.
Someone should identify this mad man on de road. He should be thought a lesson and serve as detterent for others who indulge in the very same acts of indescipline and corruption.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Gbegiri101(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
TEAM PHOTOSHOOT; SUPPORT AND VOTE PHOTOSHOOT FOR MR NAIRALAND 2016. Your vote counts, do not waste it. www.nairaland.com/photoshoot
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Eze2000(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
Mr. OP
Latisma and police have a profitable arrangement of some kind that sees pot bellied policemen working for them...not with them, mind u.

Money talks bull shit walk'
Bribe talks police walks
LATISMA talk fat bellied policemen walks.....I've seen them come running too....that was d day they towed my friends car cos I didn't wear a sear belt in time after he picked me up just 100 years from where they stood.

Anyways enjoy new story here on nairaland ...follow link

https://www.nairaland.com/3185856/dirty-diamonds-boko-haram-part

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Elchappo: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
How I wish I talk to thunder, I will command it to first fire Ambode Before firing the LASTMA officials..

LASTMA officials re now gods on Lekki Ajah route, the other day at Lekki bustop, they were pulling out a driver from his shuttle bus exactly at the roundabout..
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by kolajoo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
@OP you can recover those deleted pictures back if you really want to.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by bremmery: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Firstb0rn:
This happened today friday 15th of July,

I boarded a bus (danfo) going to Yaba. As soon as we got to onipanu bus stop, a lastma officer stopped our bus and Instructed our bus driver to get down. If it were to be America or Spain, it would have been wise to get down, but this is lagos, getting down means you are rsady to give your car/bus away. This man refused to get down (the driver). All he kept on saying was "Oga, wetin I do?" The LASTMA official told him "Come down first, we will tell you when you get down"

Everybody in the bus kept shouting and murmuring. c'mmon, this driver didn't violate any law. A policeman walked up to us and was like "Oga get down, I would talk to the LASTMA officer for you". Since the policeman assured him about his safety and of his vehicle, he got down and went to talk.

Few minutes later, the driver came back with two other LASTMA Officer and was explaining something to the officer. Out of curiosity, an old man asked the driver what really happened, the driver then said they said his Route ans Route number is not clearly written on the bus. I got down to check and I realized it was all false. The route number and all other required informations were written on the bus but it was already fading. I then told the police man 'but oga, this thing dey dere na, e just don fade small'. The police man told me to mind my own business. So I left them ans entered the bus.

The bus driver was busy talking to the officials on how and why the Informations on the bus was no longer clear, he even told them, he would re write it immediately.

A LASTMA officer entered our bus and wanted to drive us away. Other passengers were shouting and insulting him. As a blogger, I brought out my camera phone and took pictures of the scene.

One of the officials saw me snapping them and walked up to me. He was like 'You are snapping abi, oya bring that phone'. I smiled back and I was like, I'm only doing my job sire. Then he took it personal and almost slapped me. But he cautioned and called a police man to come take me away to the station. It was just like film :p. The police man dragged me with my belt like I stole something or I was caught raping. He dragged me into their police van and told me I will sleep in police cell today. I was just smiling. I'm sure the guy got confused. He was like, 'wetin dey ur bag' I showed him everything including my FAAN Identity Card. We are both working for the Federal Government I said.

I brought out my other phone so I could call a relative. The police man collected it and he was like I'm not allowed to make call... "E ma gba mi keh" I said (In my mind of course)

After a while, they promised to let me go if I delete those pictures I snapped earlier. Since they Insisted, I deleted most of it and hide some, because they were watching me closely. After I was done deleting those pictures, I showed them the phone and they left me.

The funny part was, they started laughing with me like nothing happened earlier and one of the officials promised to drive us to our destination (Yaba)

The way LASTMA frame up public bus drivers all in the name of tip and bribery ehn... God will save us.

N.B: Some of my sentences may be wrong, was rushing.

Let me share my own experience with LASTMA, although, I was luck to bit LASTMA man at the end. It happened at Okekoto junction of Capitol road Agege. I was coming from Agbotikuyo side and he told me I break traffic light. That the light is on red before I passed. He jumped to the front of my car as if I was running away. I told him I did not anyway break traffic light that there was traffic and we were driving bumper to bumper and as ta the time my eye sighted that light, it was still green. All my explanations fell on his deaf ear. He eventually demanded for ransom of about 25k. I was just laughing that if I have such amount this morning I would not even come out of my home this morning. I told that is possible to just dough out such money to u and you will collect it. I knew quite well that I did not break traffic light as he claimed but you know all their delay tactics. He later came down to 5k. I was still wandering what we happen to me to give this guy 5k. He was in the car negotiating with me till I reached Agege post office. At that spot, I told that him I respect his uniform not his person that he should get down I do not get money he is requesting for. I was late to the office already, I brought out my pause and showed him that all I have is 2k. He quickly took it and ran down as if danfo conductor stepped down of the bus on motion. This money was budgeted for a purposed. At that point, I pray to God that I do not get any power to fight this guy this morning, God should help me intervene. It was a painful moment for me because I do not even get much at all to talk of somebody would just ride on me in the name of govt. official and got away with my 2k. I put the incident behind me. But as I got to Odo Eran junction at Mobil filling station in Ogba, I notice that the filling station is selling fuel. My mind goes to that 2k that I would have used it to buy fuel. As I was thinking about it I saw two LASTMA officials on the median of the road. That instinct just strike me that I should report that LASTMA Official. I talked to them that Oga LASTMA one of your guys has collected bribe over there. They became interested and asked me to pack well. I immediately call office that I have issues with LASTMA. The superior officer asked me what was the issue. I summarised the whole story. He ordered the second guy to follow me to the scene and told him to collect my money back to me. Before we arrived at Capitol junction, the officer with me was guessing who might be the guy in question. He did not mincing word he said it would be Said that did it. As I showed him the guy he said it is Said. To cut it short, I got my money back, the same notes at that spot after much argument between Said and LASTMA officer that followed me. It was like a great miracle that my money came back to me. The main lesson is whatever u can do to avoid their traps do it to save your time, money and energy.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by BIGkoboko: 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Some silly set of people ,constituting nuisance...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by tete7000(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
mascot87:
Similar incident happened to me last week while driving towards pen cinema. The mad lasma office arrested me without any tangible reason & collected more than 15k from me. It is God that will punish all those Lasma people & they will never do well in life not only them but them families too. Mad dogs

Why use your energy to curse people who already cursed themselves? No need.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
if u ask me I'd say u deserve an award for your calmness under pressure, your ability to outsmart an officer of our 'prestigious' police force and your boldness and dogedness in the face of threats to which I say kudos, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
nawa o... if u hear other people story ehn u'll know dat dis one story still dey alright... all of them are thugs

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Firstb0rn(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
shreck:

Don't dull brother please put this on their Facebook page.
Think of the fuckery you went through, you sef do your own

I wouldn't want to reveal my Identity, It's risky
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Dee60: 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
[size=16pt]
There is apparently no fight against corruption going on in my opinion. There is so much impudence among security officials. All around Lagos, all you see them do is to harrass motorists. It is so glaring, so bad. And no one is sayong anything about the nonsense. Our politicians are in a different world and have confined the people to oppression and repression! Everywhere you go, you will think the number 1 job of security officials is to oppress and extort the people. So, what is this fight against corruption about?[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by banmee(m): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Just wait. You'll see people will be surprised this is happening in a corrupt country? Buhari tried to make them face the reality that they are fantastically corrupt and he was crucified for it. Smh.
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Mikemickey(m): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
My first experience was from Fadeyi to Oyigbo.... Almost same thing. The lastma demanded the driver to come down saying he stopped to pick passengers. I had to leave them Cus i just entered d vehicle.
Later on they will be saying" Oga pls............., my wife just born"
Hahahahah
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by Saint83(m): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2016
LASTMA doing their job,so no amount curse you pure on them will work....so no reason am oo cool
Re: My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today by basadenet: 2:35am On Jul 16, 2016
That they die untimely death. They are heartless and insensitive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of 6 Fulani Herdsmen Killed By Criminal Gangs In Army Uniform In Nasarawa / Assailants Break Into Home Of A Businessman, Kill His 4 Kids In Uganda (Graphic) / Fake Bank Alert: Police Arrest Suspected Kingpin In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.