Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Docile Nigerian Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Docile Nigerian Christians (1514 Views)

Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
If you are a Christian and you voted for a muslim then you really do not understand who you are in Christ.

As a Christian you are the salt of this earth, this means you give taste to a tasteless humanity, you have been given the mantle to positively affect this world and to establish God's Kingdom on earth. How then can a Christian expect a non-believer to promote God's Kingdom on earth?

What is the rationale behind a so-called Christian voting against another Christian e. g. Many SW and Northern Christians voted for Buhari against Jonathan.

Do you know that many middle eastern counties were ones Christian countries? They made the same mistakes we made and look where they are today

Do you also know that civilization follows Christianity? A case study is Egypt and Ethiopia, these were ones great countries but lost their destinies due to religion. Why are Europe and America great today? It is because of revivalists like John Wesley and Co. who dedicated their countries to the Christian God.

Nigerian Christians need wisdom
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by TI1919(m): 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
I am a Christian and also a Nigerian from Nasarawa State here is my view to your post

Our kingdom as Christians is not here on earth but we hope for a new heaven

Any Christian can vote as they are led. I vote for GEJ and am proud of my choice despite the fact that he losses the election.

1 Like

Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by peachesandroses(f): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
"give unto Ceaser what belongs to ceaser" Jesus didn't say they shouldn't pay tax to ceaser because he did not believe or recognize him, or because ceaser wasnt a Christian. voting in elections is exercising your right as a qualified citizen, if all the Christians vote someone who they know won't be able to deliver just because he's a Christian isn't DAT to our own detriment? note* I'm not taking sides its just an example.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
TI1919:
I am a Christian and also a Nigerian from Nasarawa State here is my view to your post

Our kingdom as Christians is not here on earth but we hope for a new heaven

Any Christian can vote as they are led. I vote for GEJ and am proud of my choice despite the fact that he losses the election.

Europe is on the verge of catastrophe today because Christian morality is being sidelined for secularism. You did well by voting for a Christian.

Why did Jesus teach us to pray for the Kingdom to come if we aren't meant to experience it here on earth, what is abundant life without adequate social amenities? God Says, "I will take you to a land flowing with milk and honey "there is a reason why advancement follows justice, law and order.

Let me tell you if you live in an advanced society like Europe or America you are already experiencing a fraction of His Kingdom.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
peachesandroses:
"give unto Ceaser what belongs to ceaser" Jesus didn't say they shouldn't pay tax to ceaser because he did not believe or recognize him, or because ceaser wasnt a Christian. voting in elections is exercising your right as a qualified citizen, if all the Christians vote someone who they know won't be able to deliver just because he's a Christian isn't DAT to our own detriment? note* I'm not taking sides its just an example.

As a Christian your duty is to work for the advancement of God's Kingdom in your family, village and country. Unless a non-believer will promote the kingdom of God here on earth you have not used your vote wisely if you vote for him or her.

Now see how our country is being governed by non-believers. Almost every area of political influence is being controlled by them, now laws like child marriage cannot be banned because it is against a certain religion
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by peachesandroses(f): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pidggin:

As a Christian your duty is to work for the advancement of God's Kingdom in your family, village and country. Unless a non-believer will promote the kingdom of God here on earth you have not used your vote wisely if you vote for him or her.

Now see how our country is being governed by non-believers. Almost every area of political influence is being controlled by them, now laws like child marriage cannot be banned because it is against a certain religion

okay
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by ministeriallist: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
If you've read John 18:36 you wouldn't have brought up this write up.
Religion and Politics remain separate businesses. Violent terrorist attacks today stems from mixing religion with politics.
Op, pls don't widen the Crack already created by desperate politicians.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
ministeriallist:
If you've read John 18:36 you wouldn't have brought up this write up.
Religion and Politics remain separate businesses. Violent terrorist attacks today stems from mixing religion with politics.
Op, pls don't widen the Crack already created by desperate politicians.

Where in the Bible was democracy mentioned? God's way is monarchy not democracy
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by ministeriallist: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pidggin:

Where in the Bible was democracy mentioned? God's way is monarchy not democracy
So where are the Monarchs today?
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
ministeriallist:

So where are the Monarchs today?

What sort of question is this? Let me ask you a question, do you think democracy can ever work here? Until we Christians learn that you cannot play mediocrity with God, only then will we prosper.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pidggin:
If you are a Christian and you voted for a muslim then you really do not understand who you are in Christ.

As a Christian you are the salt of this earth, this means you give taste to a tasteless humanity, you have been given the mantle to positively affect this world and to establish God's Kingdom on earth. How then can a Christian expect a non-believer to promote God's Kingdom on earth?

What is the rationale behind a so-called Christian voting against another Christian e. g. Many SW and Northern Christians voted for Buhari against Jonathan.

Do you know that many middle eastern counties were ones Christian countries? They made the same mistakes we made and look where they are today

Do you also know that civilization follows Christianity? A case study is Egypt and Ethiopia, these were ones great countries but lost their destinies due to religion. Why are Europe and America great today? It is because of revivalists like John Wesley and Co. who dedicated their countries to the Christian God.

Do you know the amount of blood of native Americans(Indians ) John Wesley and his forefathers shed for America to have it's territory where it is now?

Though it seems Buhari is not yet performing as expected, we should have kept suffering and smiling under Goodluck, who couldn't differentiate his left from right just because we share the same faith? You are the wisest man on earth

2 Likes

Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
kolawaxxy:

Do you know the amount of blood of native Americans(Indians ) John Wesley and his forefathers shed for America to have it's territory where it is now?

Though it seems Buhari is not yet performing as expected, we should have kept suffering and smiling under Goodluck, who couldn't differentiate his left from right just because we share the same faith? You are the wisest man on earth

May I ask how you were suffering and smiling under Jonathan? God knows everything was cheap under GEJ:Fuel, light, food, clothes, you just name it.

We were buying fuel at N87, Kerosene at N100, pure water at N80 per bag, bag of Rice at N7500 etc. how did you suffer?

May God forgive you for that blasphemous statement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pidggin:

May I ask how you were suffering and smiling under Jonathan? God knows everything was cheap under GEJ:Fuel, light, food, clothes, you just name it.

We were buying fuel at N87, Kerosene at N100, pure water at N80 per bag, bag of Rice at N7500 etc. how did you suffer?

It's obvious, you don't really know the situation of things.
Why did you ignore my allegation on John Wesley?
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
kolawaxxy:

It's obvious, you don't really know the situation of things.
Why did you ignore my allegation on John Wesley?

What was the situation of things?

No offense but I am quite surprised that you do not know John Wesley was British yet you accuse him of murdering American Indians? Do you even know him and what he stood for? This is serious
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
Pidggin:

What was the situation of things?

No offense but I am quite surprised that you do not know John Wesley was British yet you accuse him of murdering American Indians? Do you even know him and what he stood for? This is serious
Alright. My mistake
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by TI1919(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

Europe is on the verge of catastrophe today because Christian morality is being sidelined for secularism. You did well by voting for a Christian.

Why did Jesus teach us to pray for the Kingdom to come if we aren't meant to experience it here on earth, what is abundant life without adequate social amenities? God Says, "I will take you to a land flowing with milk and honey "there is a reason why advancement follows justice, law and order.

Let me tell you if you live in an advanced society like Europe or America you are already experiencing a fraction of His Kingdom.

It is clear your definition of Christianity is about possession of things, I can't see that in the life of Jesus who is our example
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2016
TI1919:
[b][/b]

It is clear your definition of Christianity is about possession of things, I can't see that in the life of Jesus who is our example

Christianity and advancement/civilization go together. There cannot exist a Christian nation without advancement, except the inhabitants of such a country is not being sincere.

Check the history of America and Europe as evidence

Jesus said "My people suffer for lack of knowledge" poverty is caused by lack of knowledge
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

Christianity and advancement/civilization go together. There cannot exist a Christian nation without advancement, except the inhabitants of such a country is not being sincere.

Jesus said "My people suffer for lack of knowledge" poverty is caused by lack of knowledge

Religion has never created human advancement, it only stagnates it. Rather than using the power of the mind to better humanity, religion makes the man look up to a God for ways out.

Apparently, your knowledge of history is way below your knowledge of the bible.

Ever heard of renaissance, scientific revolution, industrial revolution and age of enlightenment in Europe? A period when Europe tore away from being controlled by the church that kept it in dark ages and set the stage for science & church conflict happening till today?

Ever heard of manifest destiny, progressive era, roaring 20s and industrialization engered by immigrant Europeans in the US all having nothing to do with the church or religion.

You're actually suffering from having knowledge of the bible which has created some type of spiritual/religion euphoria thereby making you suffer from my post for the lack of knowledge in human history.

Drop the bible for a while and learn to conduct independent studies. Else, you'll keep embarassing yoursrlf with posts like this.

cool
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
shocked
9jacrip:

Religion has never created human advancement, it only stagnates it. Rather than using the power of the mind to better humanity, religion makes the man look up to a God for ways out.

Apparently, your knowledge of history is way below your knowledge of the bible.

Ever heard of renaissance, scientific revolution, industrial revolution and age of enlightenment in Europe? A period when Europe tore away from being controlled by the church that kept it in dark ages and set the stage for science & church conflict happening till today?

Ever heard of manifest destiny, progressive era, roaring 20s and industrialization engered by immigrant Europeans in the US all having nothing to do with the church or religion.

You're actually suffering from having knowledge of the bible which has created some type of spiritual/religion euphoria thereby making you suffer from my post for the lack of knowledge in human history.

Drop the bible for a while and learn to conduct independent studies. Else, you'll keep embarassing yoursrlf with posts like this.

cool

"England at the turn of the century was mostly farmland pocked with small towns and scattered population... every nook and cranny was made a public convenience " Jn Wesley

17th Century Europe was filled with savages who had no need for law and order.

You might not understand the effect of the dedication of Europe and America to God without knowledge of theology

Your attempt at grouping all religion as the same is laughable. Egypt is an example of what a certain type of religion can do to civilization, name one civilized country that has been destroyed by Christianity
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by TI1919(m): 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

I feel sorry for you
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
TI1919:

I feel sorry for you

The truth stings, doesn't it?
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by CoolUsername: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

How is Europe on the verge of catastrophe? Please enlighten us.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

How is Europe on the verge of catastrophe? Please enlighten us.

The growing influence of atheism and the other non Christian religions will destroy Europe

My concern is Nigeria not Europe so I will no longer respond to any argument on such
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by CoolUsername: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

The growing influence of atheism and the other non Christian religions will destroy Europe

My concern is Nigeria not Europe so I will no longer respond to any argument on such

How has religion helped Nigeria?
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

Why are you spreading heresy?

Normally, YAHWEH's children are not supposed to vote cos true followers of His Son Yahshua are waiting for him to come and establish a kingdom that will destroy all earthly kingdoms cos they are all sick and can never deliver to the people. That's why no matter who you vote, you will always have tonnes of complains about their administration, be it Christian, Muslim or atheist.

As for your last paragraph, that is a total lie. Saying those living in Europe or America are already enjoying the kingdom of God, which is yet to come, is almost like saying those places are the kingdom of God. You mean America or Europe where blacks are killed, homosexuals are getting married in churches, drug abuse is on the rise, nudity is no issue etc is the kingdom of God?

pls don't speak on things you know nothing about.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by TI1919(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:

The truth stings, doesn't it?

You are baby Christian who need sincere milk to grow... You need to desire to know more about Christ outside your Church.

I will suggest you try to locate where Peace House is located in your area for a start you would begging to know the truth.

If not as far as Christianity is concern you don't know anything
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Demmzy15(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Election has ended na! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Why are you spreading heresy?

Normally, YAHWEH's children are not supposed to vote cos true followers of His Son Yahshua are waiting for him to come and establish a kingdom that will destroy all earthly kingdoms cos they are all sick and can never deliver to the people. That's why no matter who you vote, you will always have tonnes of complains about their administration, be it Christian, Muslim or atheist.

As for your last paragraph, that is a total lie. Saying those living in Europe or America are already enjoying the kingdom of God, which is yet to come, is almost like saying those places are the kingdom of God. You mean America or Europe where blacks are killed, homosexuals are getting married in churches, drug abuse is on the rise, nudity is no issue etc is the kingdom of God?

pls don't speak on things you know nothing about.

No offense but it seems you lack understanding. The Kingdom of God is in you. That said, it can be in you yet due to
certain circumstances one may still not enjoy the benefits fully.

There are people living here who are not complaining about the economy because of the knowledge they possess

It only bothers me because of the level of poverty and hardship I see in this country.

The Western countries I mentioned have overcome the kind of poverty we see here. Food, water and clothing are the cheapest things in most of these countries

These achievements did not happen by chance, check the spiritual foundations of these countries and you will find the real reason for their sustained advancement.

I stated that these Western countries are on the verge of catastrophe because as we have seen in history strength is a Mirage. Civilization can be destroyed due to sin and lack of reverence for God

See what led to the collapse of the Roman Empire "Morally, Rome was a sick society : it's life of sin and debauchery served to hasten its collapse from within, even as barbaric tribes moved in to challenge the Romans'millitary rule. By A. D. 450 the Roman Empire was only a skeleton of its former self, reduced to third-rate power among the nations of the ancient world.

Canaanites were an ancient tribe that lived in the land of Canaan before they were displaced by a tiny nation called Israel.
Both Canaanites and Amorites were established in Canaan before 2000 B. C., the Canaanites established their civilization during the middle bronze age(2100 to 1550 B. C). They were a highly civilized people in many ways. Yet they were displaced by a far less civilized country like Isreal who defeated them, plundered their wealth and took over their land.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Pidggin:
shocked

"England at the turn of the century was mostly farmland pocked with small towns and scattered population... every nook and cranny was made a public convenience " Jn Wesley

17th Century Europe was filled with savages who had no need for law and order.

You might not understand the effect of the dedication of Europe and America to God without knowledge of theology

Your attempt at grouping all religion as the same is laughable. Egypt is an example of what a certain type of religion can do to civilization, name one civilized country that has been destroyed by Christianity

Somehow, I never anticipated an intelligent response from you. It is difficult to place you and intelligence on the same plate - to escape this harsh reality, my mind tries to make me believe you're feigning olodofor the fun of it but this response of yours just shattered any thoughts of you trolling.

Do you even know how periodization is done?

Are you aware industrial revolution in England was 18th C?

15th C to 17th C England was all about religion. Hence, the savages and absence of law/order.

Are you aware Batholomew Lascasas, a Catholic priest brought up the idea that Africans be taken from Africa and used as slaves in the Americas? You didn't know Christianity was responsible for the beginning of atlantic slave trade and sustained slavery as a socio-economic system in the Americas?

The first slave ship used to cart away captured black slaves was named Jesus.

Let that sink in and go conduct further studies.

Religion of any kind creastes chaos. It prevents man from using his God given mind to create his own environment and solve problems. It promises the unreal and bounds people in chains, mental chains.

Do we need to go to the records of conquistadors to dig up how Christianity ravaged Europe?

1 Like

Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by Pidggin(f): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
0000A:

Somehow, I never anticipated an intelligent response from you. It is difficult to place you and intelligence on the same plate - to escape this harsh reality, my mind tries to make me believe you're feigning olodofor the fun of it but this response of yours just shattered any thoughts of you trolling.

Do you even know how periodization is done?

Are you aware industrial revolution in England was 18th C?

15th C to 17th C England was all about religion. Hence, the savages and absence of law/order.

Are you aware Batholomew Lascasas, a Catholic priest brought up the idea that Africans be taken from Africa and used as slaves in the Americas? You didn't know Christianity was responsible for the beginning of atlantic slave trade and sustained slavery as a socio-economic system in the Americas?

The first slave ship used to cart away captured black slaves was named Jesus.

Let that sink in and go conduct further studies.

Religion of any kind creastes chaos. It prevents man from using his God given mind to create his own environment and solve problems. It promises the unreal and bounds people in chains, mental chains.

Do we need to go to the records of conquistadors to dig up how Christianity ravaged Europe?

Using insultive words does nothing to buttress your point, it only shows your shallow level of reasoning

What of all the Christian martyrs that died to enable others live?

How has Christianity caused chaos in any era? Are you trying to say that Christian humanitarian organizations like the Red cross, St Vincent de Paul, Charitas, etc stop mankind from utilizing his/her potentials?

Are you aware of the number of lives the likes of mother Theresa, St Francis of Asisi, St Valentine, St Augustine, Mary Slessor, etc saved due to their obedience to the doctrines of Christianity?

Go and read more.
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by TI1919(m): 2:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Pidggin:

No offense but it seems you lack understanding. The Kingdom of God is in you. That said, it can be in you yet due to
certain circumstances one may still not enjoy the benefits fully.
There are people living here who are not complaining about the economy because of the knowledge they possess
It only bothers me because of the level of poverty and hardship I see in this country.
The Western countries I mentioned have overcome the kind of poverty we see here. Food, water and clothing are the cheapest things in most of these countries
These achievements did not happen by chance, check the spiritual foundations of these countries and you will find the real reason for their sustained advancement.
I stated that these Western countries are on the verge of catastrophe because as we have seen in history strength is a Mirage. Civilization can be destroyed due to sin and lack of reverence for God
See what led to the collapse of the Roman Empire "Morally, Rome was a sick society : it's life of sin and debauchery served to hasten its collapse from within, even as barbaric tribes moved in to challenge the Romans'millitary rule. By A. D. 450 the Roman Empire was only a skeleton of its former self, reduced to third-rate power among the nations of the ancient world.
Canaanites were an ancient tribe that lived in the land of Canaan before they were displaced by a tiny nation called Israel.
Both Canaanites and Amorites were established in Canaan before 2000 B. C., the Canaanites established their civilization during the middle bronze age(2100 to 1550 B. C). They were a highly civilized people in many ways. Yet they were displaced by a far less civilized country like Isreal who defeated them, plundered their wealth and took over their land.

Pidggin:

Pidggin:

Pidggin:

Pidggin:

Christianity has nothing to do with politics, It is not also a life of convenience, We are to live and please God in whatever economic situation we find ourselves.

Try look for Peace House in your area it will help you know that Christianity is different from what you're thinking it is now
Re: Docile Nigerian Christians by hinohsend: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
Venezuela has Christianity as its State Religion,today it is experiencing the worst economic crisis in the world,Hindu- India on the other hand is the fastest growing economy in the world .Shinto-Buddahist Japan is one of the worst countries to live as a christian,today they are the most industrialized nation with probably the lowest unemployment rate in the world.4 years ago Norway became a secular state,with the number of atheists now overtaking religious people,Today it is the best place to live in the world, However,Christian C.A.R, alongside Niger is the worst place to live.
Christianity has nothing to do with Politics,EOD.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS : A Monstrance/ Blessed Sacrament Stolen From A Cathedral / 75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol / Nigerian Man Arrested For Preaching On The Streets Of London. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.